New Li Ning Rackets (3D Calibar, TurboCharging, Aeronaut)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by sholean, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Looking for advice here... I have two n9ii and a n7ii, I use all for both singles and doubles.

Lately I tend to use the n7ii because I think the flex is better for me. When I play singles, I’m wishing there was a little more oomph... but I like all other aspects of the racket.

I feel the two n9ii’s are quite different from each other. The pink more headheavy (a bit more than I like), the green feels softer (a bit too soft). Maybe I’m fooled by the stringing, because I didn’t string them at exactly the same time.

I’m looking at a ridiculously small nische here :) That is, a racket with the same stiffness as n7ii but with a little bit more power, and not more headheavy than n9ii, preferrably a little less.

I tried putting lead tape at 3 and 9 o’clock on the n7ii frame, a total of 0.5 g, but it made the racket feel weird and unbalanced

So, I started thinking that I wanna try the 3u 88s, but where I live it’s only available in 4u, so it’s hard to demo the 3U. Do you think this is what I’m looking for? Or something else?

2. Baddyboy9

Baddyboy9 New Member

@xZhongCheng ...thanks for the advice mate....victor really need to pull up their socks...I forgot to mention that I was also looking at the aeronaut 9000 series (all the rackets)but was in a dilemma as to which one would have the same characteristics as the NR900...which one would you recommend....thanks

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I was looking for a racquet with better control than N9ii and more powerful than N7ii
    Ended up buying auraspeed 90K: so far so good. I wrote my impressions in the Victor 2019 thread

4. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    I wouldn't check with the Aeronaut 9000 series, definitely nowhere near the same as the NR900. I just got myself a 9000C and its awesome, but its a little head heavy and a bit slower than my TC70. But the feel and feedback is great

5. Kingsley90

Kingsley90 Regular Member

Hi! Mind to advise what is the different between 9000C and 9000D ? What makes you choose the 9000C over the 9000D?

6. xZhongCheng

Systems Analyst
    I picked the 9000c mainly cuz I liked the color, balance point, and the fact Zheng siwei uses it more curious if anything

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

kenner30 likes this.
  7. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Thanks, I’ll check out the Victor thread.
    Would you say it’s like the n7ii in terms of stiffness?

8. ice man

ice man Regular Member

They are in the same league stiffness wise. But auraspeed 90K feels stiffer because Victor racquets always feel stiffer than Li Ning’s which are more on the soft side for feeling.
    Last but not least, to me AS90K hits way harder on smashes!

Swat likes this.
  9. weingseen

weingseen Regular Member

Owning both N9ii (copper and green version), I would say I see little to no difference in terms of feel, BP. If your racket aren't strung at the same time that could be the culprit.

I'm not sure what you mean by N7ii flex is better, for me the N7ii is stiffer. You probably love stiff racket?
    N9ii are very forgivable racket compared to N7ii and the power is easier to access. Must be the aero frame.
    If you want stiffness as N7ii and a tad heavier, you really should start looking at rackets like vtzf2 4u, dzs, those stiff racket.

The stiffness of 88S are very confusing to even describe, it can be whippy and stiff at the same time and if you can't manage it, most of the shots will head straight to the net. As a N9ii user, I find ax88s 3u a bit heavier. 4u would be ideal.

10. weingseen

weingseen Regular Member

From your description, a vtzf 4u(green version) seems kinda fit but again it's no longer readily available even for a used unit.

You should start looking at head heavy racket and 4u. Maybe you can find what you are looking for. If I were to give you advice, better skip compact frame. I own 2 dzs 3u and after getting n9ii, I never look back.

DZS are not as forgiving, it can perform well when you are on top form but on bad day, you would feel like throwing the racket away.

Holyseraphy likes this.
  11. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Yes, by "flex is better" I meant that the stiffness is better. However, isn't zf2 very much stiffer?
    But, I think I'm going to try out some hh 4U's as well.

12. Justin91

Justin91 New Member

Does anyone notice that the shaft of Aeronaut 7000 is supper thick. I'm using it, and not sure about other raquets of 7000 series. Nowaday, most of racquets have very thin shaft so I'm just wondering that what benefits come from the big shaft of 7000s.

13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I'm sorry but bigger is better

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

14. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    It tapers going upwards, and as for benefits don't know, maybe stiffness

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

15. Mete Ozcorekci

Mete Ozcorekci New Member

Hello, I need little advice. I am thinking to get 3d calibar 900. Does someone have experience with it? Everyone is talking about Aeronaut in general :) ...

I am going to use for doubles in general. Would 3d calibar 900 fit for doubles play? Generally, I m using 88d/99, auraspeed 90k, and nanoflare 800 for now. So, if someone can compare 3d calibar 900 to one of those, it would be wonderful

Just want to try li ning racket. I always played with 4U, so I am looking for 4U racket. For lining since they dont produce like 3U and 4U version of rackets, this limits my choices. I was looking 75D, but heard that it s not that good for smash power. 75 is 3U, so I kinda dont want to check it.

Thank you very much!!!

16. Swat

Swat Regular Member

I weighed my rackets to see the difference, and it’s not really a softness difference, it’s different head weight on the n9ii’s. (I posted about that on the n9ii-thread)

17. xZhongCheng

Systems Analyst
    Give the turbocharging 70 a try. It's quite light and very quick. Smash power is quite decent. I was able to.jit just as good with this as the n9ii but touch and feel was much better imo

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

18. llrr

llrr Regular Member

TC75 which is basically N9ii is very light for a 3U racquet, not to mention the very quick sword frame. You could give it a go.

19. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

Yes the 75D as its name says is made for drive and front court. You already have excellent rackets, if I were you, I would wait for the new Tectonic series.

Mete Ozcorekci likes this.
  20. vincedba

vincedba Regular Member

dba
    Any chance you have tried TC 70C?