NEW Victor shoe SH-P9200

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by KB@TB Em, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Jimbobsmith

Jimbobsmith New Member

#181 Jimbobsmith, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  2. Jimbobsmith

Jimbobsmith New Member

I recently bought a pair of P9300 in UK. And I had my first session in them today.

I'm a size 10 in running shoes but could only get hold of 10.5 Victor shoes. The sizing felt perfect and they seem a similar length to my Under Armour size 10 running shoes. Don't know if badminton shoes are generally a bit smaller.

The cushioning and stability are amazing. For a tall and heavy guy they are great. Good for knees and ankles as far as shock absorption goes and I was able to push myself harder with them. They are my first pair of badminton shoes I've played with on court however, usually I've worn indoor shoes or general trainers before then.

You can really feel this "rebound" in the cushioning that pushes you into your next movement and almost channels your momentum during shots. Actually improved my game.

The only thing I'm a bit uncertain of are these things:

- It's very structured and closes your heal in
    -My feet tend to roll inwards (even at standing still) for some reason in these more than other shoes (the TPU support is on the lateral side I've noticed)
    -I'm a bit more "raised" in these shoes and the thick cushioning keeps me less "in touch" with the ground and my foot doesn't feel like it can flex as much

I have no other badminton shoe to compare it to. And I know if I was closer to the ground, had less structured support and more freedom of movement, lightness etc - then I'd lose all that protection, compensation and energy bounce back these shoes provide.

Only real worry is what feels like constant slight inward pronation.

I've tried Comfort Z in store. And interesting they raise you from the inside of the foot and lateral side. Almost how I imagine clogs to feel like. Comfort Z felt more like slippers on an even platform and allowed for much more flexion - but the lateral side didn't feel as secure and solid as P9300.

Power Cushion 03Z I tried in store... felt like thinner and flatter flip flops, lol.

I hope these shoes break in after a few sessions and I don't get any strange aches from my foot being in this new position and from playing with my feet and ankles so closed in.

Only second thoughts I have is...should I have bought the A960's instead as a better compromise. I tried them in store and they felt lighter...but slightly less cushioning.

Hopefully I'll know after a few more sessions. As I said I have no other on court shoes to compare this to. And without a doubt it's the most supportive and cushioned shoe I've tried on.

justplaynow77 likes this.
  3. justplaynow77

justplaynow77 Regular Member

Nice preliminary review @Jimbobsmith . I am trying to learn more about this P series, so if you have further sharing after the shoes are 'broken in', it would be very valuable for us.

4. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Reviews are great but... Wrong shoe model.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

justplaynow77 and esppy like this.
  5. justplaynow77

justplaynow77 Regular Member

LOL I just realized - we have been talking about many things here that I forgot this is a thread for P 9200. Well @Jimbobsmith can open a new thread for his review if that is more appropriate :)

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    There's already a thread for the P9300 so no need to open a new thread. It's buried somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd page of threads iirc.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

7. Jimbobsmith

Jimbobsmith New Member

Hi thanks for letting me know, I found this thread by searching for P9300 and some people talked about it earlier so just assumed

Just to answer your question, all my fears were totally misplaced, I love them in every way

I feel close to the ground, well supported, I don't feel like my feet are pronating inward anymore and the lateral protection keeps me safe...I wouldn't have it any other way. Just needed to break them in.

Could be slightly lighter, but then you lose amazing cushioning and support, which I want and need

Right I'll try to find this P9300 thread then

justplaynow77 likes this.