NEWS: SwissOpen07 : Santoso beats Chen Yu

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by kwun, Mar 16, 2007.

1. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

Simon will be the future of indonesia if he continues playing like this. Defense is complete, fast on counter attack and fluid movement around the court. He will trouble Lin Dan greatly today, I am hoping for an upset :)

2. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Hope he gets better than Taufik :cool:

3. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Simon and Sony played very well in Swiss Open.. if they want to win badly, they can surely do it, even against Chinese opponents

4. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

At least play against Lin Dan in 3 sets

5. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Yeah I'm sure it has at least something to do with Taufik's absence and that the two are the only Indonesian MS hopes in these tournaments. They must feel that this is their chance to prove themselves.

6. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Sometimes i wonder, Indon single players are inconsistent. But when they really want to win, they can surely win. Taufik lost twice in Asian Games to Lin Dan during team competition but beat him Lin Dan during the individual event final. Same as Sony and Simon. Lost early in AE but played very well in SO

7. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

loving it: I see simon santoso as a 'mini-me' of Taufik.... I'll go out on a limb and say he may just pull it off beating Lin Dan, I think LD must be beatable and he's got the game...

Sony is much improved... and I wonder anyway what he would have done had he not had so many bad injuries early in his career. He was viewed as something of a prodigy, am I right?

Indonesia would have a fairly decent chance in MS in a Thomas cup format against China right now, IMO

I love it, it's great for badminton, you can't make any predictions!

8. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Hope Lin Dan winning streak will be ended by Simon. Sometimes i like to see indonesian playing. And love to see their die-hard fans in stadium senayan.

9. zzz...

zzz... Regular Member

Me too, I really hope Simon can make an upset today. If he can control the net well, it will create problem for LD as well, just like what TH has done in Asian Games.

Go go Simon....

10. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

and also dun give Lin Dan too much lifts to smash

11. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Do give credit to this young man. This is CY's 3rd consecutive tournament & it's not easy to maintain his form throughout. The better player won. LYB - I think this coach has far more important things to take care of than to fix this match.