News Update On US Adult Nationals!

Discussion in 'Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC ) (CLOSED)' started by GGManagement, Mar 28, 2008.

1. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Both sides of the coin!

Oh no problem Born at all :eek:. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I think alot of times it' interesting to debate it out. Some people are used to a certain way of doing things. As long as the cake turns out good, it doesn't matter if you use cake mix or make from scratch! :D. So as long as it's fair and just, there is no problem to use either way. Whichever is comfortable. I think with the Super Series draw will always seem fair cos everyone is at that level. No matter how the draw turns out, computer or hand made, it's a tough draw cos there is no leisure games at that level. You should see what happens when they call "line out" in those games :eek:. I've seen birdies be SOO IN, and be called OUT, that the UNFairness of THAT is really frustrating. One Country has particularly alot of that. When I see that I really feel sorry for the poor bloke who got the call OUT.

But thank you for your letter and I always think it's good to have different opinions cos you always see two sides of the coin and others can have an interesting look at both sides! Thank you and hope you can make it to our tournament!

2. BornReady

BornReady Regular Member

Thanks for your reply... That's just it, I am unable to be there, thus having up-to-the-minutes updated results would be nice. I guest I am used to the web "Live Score" on tournament software. However, I am sure folks in this forum will update us who couldn't make it.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i was in GGBC1 today. noticed they already put up the banners for the sponsors, as well as acquired a few umpire chairs. i was told they will start making court preparations thursday afternoon

4. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

OOOOo that just makes me wish I was there too!!! I have to be in HKG cos my Parents are here and this is the only time they gave me to be here so I had to be here too cos they are not well!!! :crying:

But.. I'm so glad that you set high standards for us. Our club is young. Mike started his career on his own with GGBC, with fantastic results, and my experience in only ONE FIELD since my teens, and following behind Mikes clever intuition and skills, makes us rather inexperienced and and learning as we go. But I'm sure Mike is honored and proud that you would expect the same from us as you would a professional series tournament. Mike is leading his team to do the very, possible best we can, and we can only hope it's a smidgeon as good as any professional event. We don't want to disappoint anyone and we can only hope people can understand that it's not easy but we are trying!

I hope Kwun will stay up all hours to post :D some inkling of commentary.. cos he will get the best view taking so many photos. ha haa.. Poor Kwun, you'll be working overtime! We will have plenty of people taking videos and maybe Kwun can this time, take photos of not only the players, but the spectators experience and eyesight as well. Sometimes I find it so fun to also see what's going on around the premises. Just a suggestion!

Sally

5. willwilly

willwilly Regular Member

hello sally, kwun and chris

this is the second times, i read the WS draw like that. Lauren Todt was put into a simple and non-balance draws!!! the reason is Chris is not familiar with the Tournament Software !
    Firstly, I wonder USAB got that licence but their official not to use it, or is it a practise in the Referee Group of people ? last year US open, Adult National also using the software to make the draws and posting the results.
    Secondly, I wonder how you guys process the draw according to the general tournament regulation of USAB, such as the seeds(who determine how many seeds or shadow seeds used in a draw), the ranking committee(any one), bye and geographical distribution(state, clubs etc how to distribut in a draw)... human touch, or magic touch.
    Thirdly, referee is to overlook the process and see if the draw is unbalance, his duty is to advice to have a re-draw.
    Please read regulations from WBF also. If the referee not accommodating this, that means he did his job badly!!

willy

6. govalley

govalley Regular Member

Pharmacist
    I know what you mean after I read ctjcad's forecast

WS - Joo Hyun Lee (Johanna), Mona and Lili will battle it out @ the top half for a spot in the Final; while Lauren Todt will be waiting.:cool:

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    many players have already arrived and some of them showed up at GGBC tonight for a last round of practice. Bob, Raju, the Yeh sisters, Kuei Ya, Maggie / Hanae, Chris / Marvin are the names i recognize and remember. and yesterday i saw Chris Hale, Dan Gouw, Ziwei in GGBC practicing.

i was so busy setting up the computers i forgot to take photos. i am such an idiot!

matches will be starting in less than 12 hours!