Norby

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by norby, Nov 30, 2003.

1. norby

norby Regular Member

musician
    Hi, fellow badminton fanatics! I'm Norby, born in 1975 in New Jersey US.

I'm based in Las Pinas, Philippines now. Moved here when i was 5.

Skill Level: I think I'm in the lower intermediate somewhere. I'm ok in doubles, but i need a lot of work on my singles game.

History:

Started playing back in 96 with a couple of friends who were on our college badminton team and they taught me some basics and tactics. We would play at least 4 times a week, sometimes even skip school just to play. We'd hog the courts and play from around 4pm till closing time at around 9 or 10. I developed a pretty good game back then, but i stopped cold when i started getting busier with my music.
    Since then I haven't picked up a racquet till mid2003, when badminton suddenly became the new fad. I'm slowly picking up where i left off back then. Presently, i play every sunday for 3 or 4 hours straight. And within the week, i'd squeeze in a couple more games depending on availability of game buddies. But so far sundays has been the permanent.
    My stamina is probably enough for advanced players, since i play for 3 hours at full force all the time.
    I've never had any training or coach since i started again. I just apply what i can recall. My form and footwork need a lot of improvement.
    Also, since i started again, this new group i'm with has developed this obsession in searching for the perfect racquet. And their progress in the game is phenomenal.
    That's why i did research on the net and found BC/BF. It's helped me a lot in developing my smash, and putting together my racquets.