Nothing is Left to Chance in Malaysia's Preparation

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by X Ball, Apr 27, 2010.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    between hh and wch i think wch is still better, in team event there is continuous motivations from team members and coaches unlike individual event and mind you this works!

2. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    the young ms would be tan chung siang but he lost to wch straight sets in simulation matches recently

3. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Oh, Tan Chun Seang? He's 24 this year and not expected to play in this TC besides against Nigeria and perhaps against Poland/Germany if they do meet in the quarter finals. :)

For me, I would only consider Mak Hee Chun and Tan Wee Kiong youngsters... hehe :D

4. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Yeah I was refering to him.. But if he's not in a good form Coaches would prefer to pick WCH I believe.

5. undeadshot

TCS seems to be good friends with Hoon Thien How ;)

I think he will probably only get to play at most twice throughout the whole tournament... :(

6. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    It's better than 0 match !
    Perhaps he'll play the 2 matches in the first phase of the tournament ?
    In order to get WCH fresh..

7. undeadshot

Either that, or perhaps against Germany/Poland if Malaysia do meet them in the quarter finals. However, it will be unlikely that it will go down to the 5th tie :rolleyes:

Group stages 5-0 or 4-1 are possible though so perhaps TCS can get his chance then...! :)
    WCH taking the same amount of training as the team, so I think his stamina will improve after not being in consistent training for so long.

8. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Is ever the MS 3 the last match ?
    If so I hope for you that MS3 won't be played if Malaysia faces Germany or Poland !! :)

9. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    yes wch should be in good form - from less training to same training with tcs and now he can beat him in straight sets is a sign of improvement, anyone can have better argument on that?

10. lipans

lipans Regular Member

Rashid Sidek Certified H1N1 Positive

KUALA LUMPUR, May 1 (Bernama) -- National singles coach Rashid Sidek and his daughter have been admitted to a private hospital today after they were certified H1N1 positive.

National Sport Institute director Datuk Dr. Ramlan Abdul Aziz said this was confirmed by Tawakal Hospital.

"We have been informed by the hospital on the matter and follow-up action will be taken by the institute and the Health Ministry to prevent the spread of the disease," he said when contacted by Bernama here on Saturday.

Abdul Rashid and his five-year-old daughter were admitted to the hospital after they were found to have symptoms of being infected with the H1N1 virus.

Rashid is one of the national coaches who will be involved in the Thomas Cup and Uber Cup tournaments at the Putra Stadium, Bukit Jalil, from May 9 to May 11.

Meanwhile, Malaysian Badminton Association (BAM) general manager Kenny Goh said medical checks would be conducted on all national players on Monday as a safety measure to ensure they were not infected with the H1N1 virus

-- BERNAMA

-----------------------

Malaysia head coach have H1N1. hayyoh.... :crying:. It's one week left before thomas cup started.

11. kkmh2

kkmh2 Regular Member

Undergrad
    oh well, they can always have video conferences between Sidek and the players and project his face onto the wall :p

12. undeadshot

Let Hendrawan replace him for now then... hope Rashid recover soon. A lot of bad things happen to MAS before this TC/UC :(

13. stanster213

stanster213 Regular Member

Still a student... STRIVE for excellence in everyt
    Gambateh... Keep fighting with high spirits.

We hope all these bad happenings do not affect M'sia Thom. cup Squad too much. Unfortunately, sometimes these happenings are unpreventable/ spontaneous/hard to predict when they will happen..:crying: So, they must be prepared to react accordingly whenever and keep their spirits high, I guess..:eek:
    Despite all these happening, they MUST continue to stay positive and focussed on goal, if they are to hopefully make a good run this time around.. let's hope it's not another all-or-nothing situation.

Let's hope they ga you this time in KL... gambateh. If M'sia can show strong attitude this time, in my view, it will almost be a double achievement/accomplishment than originally...

I am also excited to see uncle WCH play, have not seem him play in a while either. :eek:

#73 stanster213, May 1, 2010
    Last edited: May 1, 2010
  14. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

You better laugh....before you start crying...!! :cool:

Lets see how they play against Jap in group stage first...!! :)

I am optimistic about MAS TC chance here.......SF thats all........with all efforts and lucks...;)

#74 jasonmarc, May 1, 2010
    Last edited: May 1, 2010
  15. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

It is 50% mental and 50% physical in my opinion to win a game. WCH will probably be calling on his mental capabilities to outfox his opponents.

16. undeadshot

The only excuse I could find if MAS TC fails to reach the semi-finals is if they meet Korea in the quarter finals ;) Even then, I would be very disappointed and consider it a failure. Semi-finals at the least. :p

17. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

yes.. no doubt all the bad news comes out before TUC finals.But nevertheless... i believe we are still on target. Our Thomas cuppers should have no problem to enter the semi final. It is only the Uber Cuppers. with the rookies line up from the singles what are our chances. Would it be WMC, TJY or Sanatasha or Sonia to play agst the unknown USA. With the rookies do we still have a fair chance? Actually we dont know much abt the USA Team.If Lydia and Julia can played, then the chances to go to quarter is clear.Lydia and Julia can still creates upset.anyway it is a good chance for the Back Up to shine. It will be a good experience for them.Good Luck to all the Players. Whatever obstacles comes, believe that we can overcome it. The main thing is to keep the spirit up.

18. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

My 1st thought when I read the news article was : Thank goodness Rashid is not coaching the 4 MS that's playing for TC & also not coaching WMC.

2nd thought : This TC/Uber Msia team many things happen, make the heat & mind stronger, good training. :p

Hopefully Rashid & his daughter recover well

19. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    good and caring bc member

yes we have the same thought and wish them speedy recovery :cool:

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    a big joke if we lost to usa:rolleyes: