Now or never for Malaysia

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by Speed & Power, May 4, 2010.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    the writer probably hoping bam will read his predictions and hire him as psychologist for 2 years! but why 2 years only?

that's when the next thomas cup 2012 ends! :D

2. hezudao

hezudao Regular Member

maybe just say we'll do our very cliché- 110% best?

but seriously, no one cares much... its just pregame posturing,

actions speak louder than words

3. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

as a team leader, there is nothing wrong for LCW to say something to boost the morale of his teammates.

however, he lacks the intelligence in doing so.

every time he talks, he was too mean and too personal on himself vs LD. and he don't know there is an old wisdom, 'never say never'.

before Sudirman Cup 09, LCW emphasised that he "never" lost to LD in team events.

before this TC, he also emphasised he never lost to LD in MAS.

everyone knows what happened subsequently. he lost, MAS lost, and lost badly. (not to mention what he said was proved wrong as he did lost to LD in 2004 TC prelim match in KL!)

that made him looked like "big-mouth" instead, and how sheepish he is in front of LD!

a good leader should be about to help the whole team to perform, that's not only about boosting morale, but also by lead-by-example, help to reduce hazardous pressures.. etc..

only "big-month" doesn't help. if LCW is only 20, i could understand; but he's now near his 30! just lacks the maturity!

LYB & LD did talk to boost teammates' morale before matches, but not personal (only afterwards :D). and they did say, prior to yesterday's match, that there is possible to lost the 1st 2 matches and everyone was ready to play with 0:2 done. sometimes humbleness help the team more.

to be a leader, LCW still has a lot to learn.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    good that u brought up this point, if i said it first, i would be accuse of rubbing more salt to the wound. I know all the negative spins on LD before the match from boleh fans wouldn't hurt LD nor help lcw anyway since neitherof them read bf. When lcw openly say to the media that he never had lost to LD in Malaysia, i automatically knew he dug himself a big hole, he basically pile in more pressure onto himself. In the 2nd game of 2010 TC SF, lcw look way more nervous than in the 08 OG MSF. The reason why lcw didn't do worst than 08 OG was that LD kinda back off or toying lcw around a bit on the 2nd game where as in 08 OG, LD was on full throttle from start to end.

however, it was them saying china team arrogant

#204 cooler, May 14, 2010
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
  5. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    i agree with u.. (why could i agree with you this time :rolleyes: :D)

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    coz u r gotten wiser over time?;)

7. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Ya couldn't agreed more. It is always about China vs Malaysia. LD takes on LCW all the time. Never once Malaysia vs Ca..... or LD play Bob what?? I forgotten his name so soon. Sorry.

Btw on that closed thread you simply cannot reply me. Not one. All I see is scoreline between China and Malaysia yet again. Ya these 2 countries are rich like you said.

#207 Aspire, May 15, 2010
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
  8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    An even wiser person might think LCW was being rather intelligent in trying to take away pressure from his team mates with his comments....;)

9. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    you are just too good to big-mouth lcw after his loss to ld and also the whole mas team. the china team played well and so did the mas team, losing to a better team do not need to be big-mouth by you :p

you keep mentioning lcw lost to ld in 2004 in mas, was he then the world number 1? he also lost to a few players playing in mas then! as he peak in 2008 till now he hasn't lost to ld in mas.:D

and you also mentioned he lack maturity? your comments are unbelievable :crying:

as for lyb's statement before the match, i say you google more...
    you should also learn more before you comment others

10. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    you had the thoughts of people accusing you of rubbing more salt to the wound? why? :cool:

mas players played well even under tons of pressure but china team was too good, in fact too fast for them, end of story :D

why them? when its only one person's statement. are they all alike even without making such comment? :D

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

mas badminton TEAM standart is still not up to par after watching them vs china yesterday;)..its a never!:D

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- Truly understand?..i know you're just teasing me, but i bought the tix w/out any intention to watch any specific team on that day (Tuesday). I came late to the stadium for the night session and just happened to catch their Uber team play..
    - Sorry, didn't take much pics of baddy teams/players..

13. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

i think that Lee Chong Wei is a great player but i would say that Lin Dan is a great legend.

I think China is looking for another player to take over from Lin Dan and Just like Malaysia we are looking for one to take over from Lee Chong Wei.

Malaysia would have love to win the cup but we have yet to be able to produce a team that is as balance as China. Be realistic even if we have won the 1st two sets, the last three sets was still China advantage. It is just that we Malaysia hope for an upset.

As an observer, i hope that the loss will open many eyes that we need to addressed not only players weakness but also our weakness in the training programme. I dont think we lack of talent but lack of constructive training programme.

If Li Mao can do it for Korean Uber Team and Park Joo Bong can do it for Japan why cant we.
    The question is whether the coaches are willing to change their mindset and look beyond what they think they know and train modern badminton not those of the 70' and 80'.

Every players need a "sifu" . If given a coach that able to understand their style of play and work on it, I am sure we can think of bringing back the cup in two years time.

It is time Malaysia look forward not backward. What Li YongBo said is true when he said that Malaysian Players are getting older every Thomas Cup.

14. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    gemini12, what you said is right, we need to wake up and wake fast, find the problem then the solution so that we will not be left behind too much!

its not just the programs or coaches its everything from the grass roots level to top. but i doubt this will be possible ....

15. T3Vince

T3Vince Regular Member

did anyone notice Lee CW raising his fist and shouting at LD when he won a point in the first set? I watched streaming so it wasn't very clear but if he did so, that spells 'nervous' to me. Same thing happened when LCW got his first point in OG 2008.

16. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    i think so...but couldn't hear what he was shouting:cool:

17. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Just a part of news that i feel i have to share,so that LCW fan can understand abit more about LD's victory..

http://us.detiksport.com/read/2010/.../atasi-taufik-lin-dan-tak-jumawa?query-string

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]"No, saya tidak merasa level saya di atas mereka. Saya sangat menghargai Chong Wei dan Taufik, dan tentu saja senang bisa mengalahkan mereka berdua," tukas Lin Dan.

"Yang lebih sulit lawan Chong Wei, tapi kondisi Taufik pun semakin membaik," tandas Lin Dan.
    ( krs / arp )
    [/FONT]

18. T3Vince

T3Vince Regular Member

that's good to hear. I don't know why so many people hate him saying he's arrogant...what's wrong with celebrating after a victory?

19. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

the above comments made me feel sad for you, feel sad for LCW and feel sad for MAS badminton...

what I said was facts, and also said it before the loss..

LCW said he "never lost to LD in MAS", not said "never lost to LD in MAS as WR #1"... do you really know the meaning of "never" in English???

you are really unbelievable!! could twist things like that!!

and what I said was that what LCW did made himself "looks like big-mouth", which was indeed what a reasonable man would feel...

i know it's not easy to swallow failure, but people should learn from it and see how to improve... but just like to share my view as a badminton fan, as I also want the sport to improve as a whole, no matter which nation...

i don't need to care about whether LCW or MAS team would learn from what and whether they would improve... if you refuse to listen, it's your own choice... if you have other opions, give me facts instead of using such rude language and manner...

20. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    if you care for badminton and want the sports to improve as a whole, you are welcome especially on the malaysian badminton and you should have stated something to make the reader aware. :cool:

as far as i know you only pointed out the negative part which also i read a lot as redundant, sorry i had to reply to you like that. if it was a mixture i would have post differently! have a good day! :cool: