Olympic Games 2008: Opening Ceremony (08 August)

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by kwun, Aug 6, 2008.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    The opening is really AWESOME..........the song is just okay...I still prefered " One moment in time" and " Siempre....." ( forgot the title)

2. 16FeathRPassioN

16FeathRPassioN Regular Member

Student
    i was able to see the ceremony lately ,however i couldn't see it Live.
    but it was very impossible to find Lin Dan in a huge squad of china, but Tufik Hidayat was looking cute though.

3. morphy

morphy Regular Member

What an Incredible Opening Ceremony!

Just few hours ago on NBC a day after the ceremony, there were 2 guys from NBC talking about the opening ceremony. I forgot their names but they both had witnessed 20+ previous Olympic Openings in total between them. Anyway.. they were blown away like most ppl. One of them summed up in the end (I paraphrase): " the single best life performance of any kind I've ever seen in my life and it won't be outdone - not in my lifetime."

I watched the CBC telecast too and the commentator they used (Ron McLean from Hockey Night in Canada) was terrible. It used to be Brian Williams and he's always great but RM was so bad. It was like he didn't do his research or just didn't cared - either way it was embarassing. In contrast, the BBC and NBC added much more to their telecast when they touched on the symbolism and history in combination with what was shown on the screen. With CBC I could just as well be watching a live webcast.

#143 morphy, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the fact that the NBC commentators were relatively quiet shows that they too are in awe of the incredible opening ceremony.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

You guys, who've watched it..

..are truly lucky...i still, until now, haven't watched the Opening Ceremony, yet.:(..ah well, i guess i'll just look fw to the DVD version...:cool:

Btw, OTB (OneToughBirdie), good to see your post again. It seems like ages you haven't posted anything. Must be on somekind of a sabbatical for LCW??..;)

#145 ctjcad, Aug 10, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  6. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

I have seen five opening ceremonies in the past and this is the one I can watch it over and over again !! Its simply spectacular and breathtaking and ...IT FEELS LIKE LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT !

I was told this the work of a famous director named Zhang Yi-Mou ! This guy is no less creative than Steven Spielberg. His work makes history !! ZHANG HAS DONE IT ABOVE AND BEYOND !!

Congratulations China !! and good luck to London...

7. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Forget about the awesome display, fireworks, lighting the flame, etc., London and other countries would find it tough to top CHN in finding so many tall beauties, in white mini-skirts lining the sidelines and in red gowns leading the countries parade into the stadium...aren't those gals stunning???:D:p

8. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Quite pity with those pretty gals.. They have to stand by the sidelines for almost 2 and half hours . I notices some of them can't even smile at the end :(

9. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

I noticed that too and pity for those boys and girls, they had better stamina than the athletics. Also those beautiful girls with customs belong to Tang dynasty....every single one is PERFECT....Beijing is a heaven !!

10. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    With 1.3 billion to handpick a couple of hundred beauties, just like to handpick 3 MS players, how can CHN lose.:D:p