Opinion and results of T.R.A TRI system

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Kenjiken, Feb 19, 2017.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I don't understand 3 things:

1st: If somebody want to discuss with you about technique, you have arguments to point out why you are right or do something well. You don't need to involve other people for support, if you know it better and honestly if somebody in the internet doubt anything about me, I wouldn't waste my time to explain somebody why I'm so awesome and the other not. Especially if I don't have arguments or intentions to teach somebody.

2nd: @phihag how could you find the time and patience to discuss with such a brainless guy? The discussion won't end in a conclusion or a result. We all know that he is a poor psychotic guy who needs medical help. Normally you shouldn't kick somebody when he is down. You must be in Zen mode.

3rd: Jazz is IMO a good dancer. Why didn't he show off with his real talent? And why does such a good dancer move on the badminton court like a wet sack?

#101 ucantseeme, Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  2. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    *And as they dip he whispers softly in her ear* "Nice ratios"

3. phihag

phihag Regular Member

Oh, I stopped writing anything some time ago. I'm getting these emails unprompted, one after the other, without me replying.

Every time Lopez references a prior discussion (such as the storyline about me playing LCW), it's actually answering or continuing the storyline of one of his prior emails, to which I never replied.

As @s_mair suggested, it feels like a discussion between Jarron Lopez the fake plumber and Jarron Lopez the infant Mount Everest climber, conducted via emails to me.

#103 phihag, Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    ucantseeme likes this.
  4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Hmm... I have to say, he was indeed a good dancer. But these clips are all from 2012 or older, so it seems like a lot of things can happen within 5 years (starting with him gaining at least 60 lbs. and losing most of his body tension and coordination). By the way, I love how he casually touches his partner's chest at 0:56 in the first clip. The little bastard! :)

#104 s_mair, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    ucantseeme likes this.
  5. furymonkey

furymonkey New Member

I heard he is banned from most major badminton halls / associations in the Auckland region, apparently one involved a physical altercation. Banned from one don't get you banned from all, so he must've done something wrong in all of them....

The three major associations he is banned from are Auckland Badminton Assocation (Central and East Auckland), Badminton North Harbour (North Auckland), Waitakere Badminton Association (West Auckland). This leaves him Counties Manukau Badminton Association (South Auckland), and any other smaller independent badminton halls that aren't part of a association. This explained why he filmed his videos in Otahuhu Badminton Club, a very small badminton hall.

Cheung, s_mair and phihag like this.
  6. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Funnily enough I was just reading back through your PM this morning... :p

7. furymonkey

furymonkey New Member

I felt sorry for his feeders, and helpers who appeared in his videos. They are beginners or intermediate players who never experienced proper coaching. So it's easy for him to fool those people into helping him. Noticed how they are hitting the shuttle with all their mighty strength just for a clear, they must've seen the resemblance in mr backhand with his brute force hitting action.

8. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Honestly, the lady (Martha was it?) looked like she didn't want to be there, at all.

swsh likes this.
  9. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    IMG_2514.JPG

10. visor

visor Regular Member

Actually, none of them looked like they wanted to be there to help with the video...

swsh, Hannibal127 and phihag like this.
  11. rbynck

rbynck Regular Member

How dare u guys discredit Mr. Backhand! He's helped thousands of people all around the world develop their backhand strokes!
    He may charge a fee for his help, but so does everyone else! And why would u want a qualified and educated coach, when u can just learn these simple and easy ratios? Did u see the backhand smashes from VA at the WC? He has learned about these ratios! It's physics! Not mathematics which ratios are - no it's physics! Get a racket, string it to 42 lbs, hit a ratio between ? and ? that has to be around 7:1 and you are golden! Pronation? Supination? No he doesn't use that at all! I would love to say, how he rotates his underarm without, however for "legal reasons" you will have to buy his dvd yourself (..robotic, but don't tell him I told u!).

Mr. Backhand is the best and the worst scammer, that I have seen in a long time. Usually I call these coaches scammers, when they try to sell a thing like "Dynamic Hitting" or "TRA 7:1", however that doesn't mean that they are not teaching you the actual fundamentals and are just calling it some bull.... to sell it. Regarding Mr. Backhand I rest my case...

12. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    After reading the first line of your post I had to quickly check your nationality to see if I was to laugh, or laugh.

Damn man, you made it too real :p

#112 Charlie-SWUK, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  13. rbynck

rbynck Regular Member

Almost as good a bait as the clickbait on his videos lol. HIT LIKE TAUFIK HIDAYAT, SCIENTIFIC TECHNIQUE, SECRET REVEALED.

14. nsmithers31

nsmithers31 Regular Member

lol have you seen the dudes form? Thats not fundementals, its what noobs do thinking it will be a strong backhand

15. rbynck

rbynck Regular Member

Wrong quote lol.
    I was talking about other coaches that sell normal, well-executed fundamental strokes as "Dynamic Hitting" etc. :)

16. santa.klaus

santa.klaus Regular Member

I think this issue is interesting. But I wondered what badminton people from Auckland say to Mr. Backhand. So I asked them. Via email. I asked the badminton associations named earlier, if they would recommend Jazz as a badminton coach or if they know him at least.

The guy from Badminton Association Auckland answered:
    The guy from Badminton North Harbour answered:
    Well, looks like Jazz is playing in completely different league. ;-)

swsh and phihag like this.
  17. darrengsaw

darrengsaw Regular Member

Data Analyst
    His disdain for coaches is especially notable in this one.

They have no idea how to teach overhead backhands apparently.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

swsh likes this.
  18. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
  19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    @swsh

the comment after 07grew just cracked me up.

swsh and rbynck like this.
  20. rbynck

rbynck Regular Member

Sorry, not sorry :D

Cheung likes this.