OUE SINGAPORE Open SS 2015 : Qualification & R/32 (7th & 8th April 2015)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / China Masters / SKYCITY New Zeala' started by CLELY, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Even if JOJ wins , prannoy may (or may not) wait for him in the second round.

#61 Lokesh, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  2. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Look at the results from India open SS two weeks ago, all danish high profile ms-players lost to Indian opponents. Also India have 7 ms players inside top 50 wr while denmark only 5. So Indian ms standard is high. (I compared to denmark because JOJ is from there)

3. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Prannoy has 2-0 h2h against JOJ. Jan do not like Prannoy's style of play.

4. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    BSP had/has a much superior H2H against HSP, right from sub-junior days. But in big matches (Youth Olympics, Nationals, International circuit); HSP has done better so far. Must be just a mental thing. Once that is sorted, our kid will do well.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Despite that, JO Jorgensen's current individual results are much better than B Sai Praneeth. If JO had lost to B Sai Praneeth in Indian Open, the odds would be much shorter. But he didn't - HS Prannoy is a different person (and therefore a different player).

I am afraid you have to use a more convincing argument to convince me that B Sai Praneeth is undeserving of the long odds that is given to him for this match. If he were to win and upset the form books...;)

6. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

With that post I was mostly trying to prove that domestic Indian tournaments can be tough in ms discipline and maybe comparable to SS event or at least GPG level. It´s not a totally obscure thing to say compared to other things I´ve read on BC like some member(s) has expressed the view that the China national games are more competitive than the WC or OG for example.:)

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

OK. so how many top ten players are there playing in India compared to Ch.... Nat.. Gam...

It's only there to provide some sort of perspective and I am not interested in an India vs China.

Simply on rankings of the players, you have got to be highly biased towards the Indian men to overlook a more than 30 places difference in world ranking and a best finish of quarterfinals in grandprix tournaments. He did reach the quarterfinals of last years Singapore Open but it's hard to be convinced that indicates current form.

8. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Ok no problem:). To clarify: BSP won the ms in India national championships in februari this year and I think the standard of that particular tournament is comparable to a GPG event.

9. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Though Sai praneeth is out of form lately, he was the one who won taufik hidayat in his last match before retirement. How many people will get this ? .

We don't know which Sai will step onto court tomorrow. No probs.

10. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    1 is false. Its even below IC level and above IS level. Top Indian players don't participate in Nationals.
    2 is true by a long long long way.

11. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Seriously what are you smoking?? I am a huge BSP fan but comparing our National Championships to even an IC tourney is a strech. If BSP was already good enough to win GPGs (or even GPs) he would have won them. So please don't oversell the guy.

12. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

OK everyone, I admit defeat and surrender:)p). All of you are probably right and JOJ will win vs Praneeth who is not good enough to win something more than an occasional IC-title in the near future. Your logic has won me over, seriously. (but I still hope Praneeth can win...)

13. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    I never said that. BSP is good enough to win multiple SS titles and God willing he will. If you go back, I called out the guy giving JOJ an easy walkover vs BSP too. BSP is no mincemeat. It will be a good match and hopefully our kid will pull of an upset.

But
    1. our NC are nowhere near the GP level
    2. state level Chinese championships are more competitive that the early rounds of SSPs.

14. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Comparing India with China in badminton is like comparing Bangladesh with Australia in cricket.

15. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

OK I see, I´m sorry if my arguments were incorrect or offensive.

16. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Chill.They were funny, not offensive. For a moment, I thought you were trolling on purpose.

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I hadn't quite thought of it like that!

But back to B Sai Praneeth, going on recent results, he's got a big task in front of him to upset the bookies. Let's hope he's getting more sleep than we are before the match!

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Not at all, just some were misinformed and definitely not offensive. :D Despite one off statistics, I try to be more analytical than emotional in predictions.

19. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    I learnt a lot from you guys discussions. I knew very little about India badminton, but I think Indian badminton got a big boost recently, but how good their national champ? still depends on who he won over. Praneeth, as the India champ (just learnt), beat whom en route to the title?

I know quite a lot about China badminton. I have to say China national champion is not at very high level. There are a lot of reasons.

First, China's overall badminton level becomes lower and lower, with more and more limitation on China's representation to the Olympics and world championship, most players begin to consider to retire after they lost entering the national team after 22 year-old. Therefore, there are not many talented players left in China.

On the other hand, the national team members don't go to play the national competition, because they are afraid of losing in the national level, then their team position become shaking. They always find excuse to avoid national competitions.

A players has to get at least world championship title or Olympics medal to be safely retired with another job position. Once a player finds out there is little hope for that, he or she usually choose to retire early for another job. Du Peng Yu is a live example.

#79 2cents, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  20. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    In India, earlier all top players played in the nationals. Nowadays, they tens to skip it. The last nationals which Praneeth won was skipped by Srikanth, Kashyap, Prannoy and Guru.