P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
  2. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I am still rooting for SN, people are soo mean to her these days! You should just listen to there comments on the social media. I mean, getting better of such a surgery is a huge achievement let alone going out there and def the likes of in form SJH so early so convincingly. It'll be great for her self motivation

3. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    People always look for new heroes. And it doesn't take time for them to forget the old ones. It is just the matter of time when PVS will be at the receiving end, so she better be prepared for it. As on today it's good for India as both SN and PVS are playing well. It's just a matter of time that SN gets back to her rhythm. Hope both stays free of injuries.

4. swunk

swunk Regular Member

Unavailable already ((( can you retell it in short words?

works like this: http://www.sportskeeda.com/badminto...-cash-prize-pv-sindhu-received-after-olympics

5. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
  6. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

7. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Yeah it seems to be redirected to the link swunk posted

8. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
  9. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Wohh that's some great news

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Very interesting read. The world had better get ready for a flood of Indian female players.

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Well done Sindhu!

12. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Second highest earning sportsperson in India, only after Cricket God Kohli.. This is huge!

13. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Yeah tackling the likes of MSD, Sania, Saina, and other cricketers

14. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

After watching today's WC final between Sindhu and Okuhara, Sindhu has a really good smash and she has a strong mental game. However, there's still areas that Sindhu can improve on in her game. First and foremost, she can improve on her stamina and fitness obviously.

Secondly, she can work on her footwork. Sindhu is often off balance and in general, her footwork is not as smooth as it could be for a top world player. Taller people are often off balance because they have a higher center of gravity. Having said that, I will use Chen Long as an example of a tall player who manages to keep his balance for his height. Sindhu and her coaching staff should look at footage of Chen Long and see if there is footwork that they can adapt to Sindhu's game to help keep her on balance. The added benefit of having better footwork is that Sindhu can save much of her stamina.

Right now, Sindhu's height and reach mask much of her weaknesses. It's crazy that a silver Olympic medalist and an almost World Champion still has areas where they can improve immensely. But that's good news I suppose for Sindhu because if she finds ways to improve her footwork and stamina, I'm pretty sure she will come out on top the next time.

15. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    she definitely has a lot of room to improve her foot work and physical attributes but she also needs to work on the mental aspects of her game, you can't afford to lose confidence if your opponent starts wining two three points on a trot which she did in the first game after having a comfortable lead. once nozomi started wining a few points in succession sindhu totally lost it and this is what she has done in the past as well. when you get opportunities to show your mettle at such a big stage you need to grab it with both hands, you never know about the future, no doubting sindhu's capabilities but the competition will get tougher each year with more and more up and coming players eagerly hungry to upstage the peers. sindhu has mental frailties which needs to get addressed, in my opinion it was more of a mental battle in the third game more than it was physical, and sindhu lost it to nozomi.

nokh88 likes this.
  16. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    I couldn't even watch the whole thing because of all that drama, I need to watch the match again once all the finals are over :p

17. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

I agree. She is used to winning as an underdog. But faces difficulty when she is expected to win. Many of her clears were short and Nozomi took advantage of them. This hard loss would surely be a learning lesson for Sindhu.

18. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

I disagree with you. Sindhu was cramping up but she still fought as hard as she could. Unfortunately, Okuhara was equally mentally strong.

From my view, Sindhu was so focused and mentally strong, she was able to get to the shuttle despite the muscle cramps taking a toll on her. The problem wasn't her mentality, it was that her body couldn't keep up with her mind. Through sheer willpower, Sindhu dragged her body to get to as many shots as possible in the 3rd set.

19. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    this is going to haunt her in future in crucial stages, it's not easy to forget when you play an epic and end up on a losing side. I don't understand why our players lacks that mentality, same thing happened to saina, when opportunity came knocking at her door she couldn't take it, lost both the times to marin at two of the biggest stages of world badminton, not denying that Marin and today okuhara played brilliantly but I remember it way too correctly how nervous saina was in both all England and world championships final when Marin started wining points at will, who knows if she ever going get those opportunities back.

20. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    when did I say that she was not struggling physically? did you even saw the match how she lost the first game after being up with a comfortable margin? did that happen due to her physical state at that point of the match? I don't think so.