P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Yes, she's not doing well since the start of the year. Two South Korean coaches have become a part of the national coaching setup. Let's see how she fares in future.

2. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    Really disappointed to see Sindhu's performance today. Didn't even give a fight. She needs a lot of work and hopefully she will return to form sooner than later.

Play hard. Train harder.

3. Baddie lover

Today's way of losing was same like against CM back in Indonesia Masters 2019 and SJH last week. Maybe she's distracted by off court activities as mentioned my GC and MF. She needs to find her rhythm and form back otherwise she'll go down the ranking.

4. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Maybe Sindhu needs more time to accustom with Li Ning racket and her new coaches.

In World Tour Final, she played so well, beating Tai, Yamaguchi, Ratchanok and Okuhara in a tournament is amazing, and right after that, in PBL, Sindhu won Marin. I think this is her peak.

If I was Sindhu I would not take risk to switch to something new, if I can go far with old things (racket and coach), why don't keep it on ?

I remember at that time, I used to say that if I was a woman player, I would rather met Tai Tzu Ying than Sindhu.

Yeah, I think at that time Sindhu surpassed Tai Tzu Ying but now.......it's not

#724 terrynguyen121988, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Baddie lover likes this.
  5. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

PV Sindhu should pull out of next week's Asian Badminton Championships and spend time training. Sindhu's performance at the Sudirman Cup and WC will be an indicator of her confidence and ability to peak at the big tournaments. I don't mind her losing but her manner of losing is embarrassing at the moment. Sindhu will face a lot of criticism until she peaks again.

6. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    It could be the pressure of fat check given by new sponsorship. But we can't just speculate. She only knows what's going on with her and I am sure she will bounce back like she normally does. Player like her knows what needs to be done to win championships.

Play hard. Train harder.

Baddie lover likes this.
  7. Baddie lover

Baddyforall likes this.
  8. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

The link provided by @Baddie lover says that Sindhu was uncomfortable while playing @All England using Lining shoes and Rackets.
    Why did she change her usual rackets at this point?
    Money is the key. But what to do? Badminton does not give you more money as Tennis do.
    Hope this conditions change rather quickly in the near future.

Baddie lover likes this.
  9. Baddie lover

10. llrr

llrr Regular Member

I have to say, there's a huge difference between zf2 and 900C. They're so completely different I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of Sindhu's issues she's having.

11. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    Why can't she chose a racket in Lining which is close to ZF2?

Play hard. Train harder.

12. llrr

llrr Regular Member

There's nothing close to zf2, not even any yonex comes close to how it feels.

13. Baddyforall

One more disappointing performance.
    The score in game 2 is very very disturbing.
    Fruitless to expect a medal in olympics.
    But Saina is improving day by day.

14. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

I agree disappointing to see PV Sindhu perform so poorly.
    I wouldn't rule Sindhu out of Olympics, plenty of time left to find form. It's a race against time for the Sudirman Cup and WC.

Baddyforall likes this.
  15. mohans

mohans Regular Member

In a way, it is good to be away from the limelight for a while. Just my opinion.
    I think she will skip Sudirman cup (don’t think she will make any difference too) and put a lot of efforts in training to get better for the reminder of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

'No matter what people say, I still have to play' - PV Sindhu
    PV Sindhu cites adapting to changes in her gear and coaching setup as a possible factor in her relatively poor first half of 2019. VCG
    10:42 AM
    • [​IMG]
      Susan Ninan
    Around this time of the year, PV Sindhu isn't used to being asked about early tournament defeats.

Over the past two years put together, by the end of the Australian Open (the last tournament she's played so far this year, in the first week of June), the Olympic silver medallist and India's highest-ranked badminton player had made four finals and won two titles. This year, two semifinal appearances - at the India Open and Singapore Open - have been her deepest runs. Halfway into the year, Sindhu has yet to make a tournament final.

"I've been working hard, I wasn't lucky enough maybe," Sindhu attempts to sum up. It's half past seven in the evening and she's just wrapped up training for the day followed by a gym session. Her 20-minute ride back home from the Gopichand training facility in Gachibowli to the family villa in the burgeoning residential hub of Kokapet in Hyderabad provides an economical window for a chat.

She's had a few changes to settle into. In February this year, a four-year sponsorship deal with Chinese premium sports brand Li-Ning meant Sindhu had to switch racquets and shoes - tools which every top-level player reveres and fusses over. In the weeks that followed, she went on to lose the Senior Nationals final to Saina Nehwal and wound up with a pre-quarterfinal exit at the All England Championship in early March. "At the start it's never easy," she says. "It took me some time to adapt and feel comfortable with my grip and movements but now it's all good."

The larger change, however, has been on the coaching front. South Korean coaches Kim Ji Hyun (women) and Park Tae Sang (men) moved into the Gopichand Academy a few months ago to work with the singles players in a crucial year leading up to the Olympics. Since Indonesian Mulyo Handoyo quit in late 2017, there has been no foreign coach working with the top singles names.

With a new coaching setup also comes fresh training patterns and work ethic. "There's a lot of difference between the way we trained before the Korean coaches came in and now," says Sindhu, "Whether it's running or skill training or on-court sessions, we've been making lots of changes and trying a couple of new things. I've been making errors in a heap in tournaments from the back of the court and at the net, for instance. We've been focusing on minimising them. Obviously I won't get it right in a week or a month, but I'll get there."

The World No. 5 Indian's sobering pre-quarterfinal loss to a much-lower ranked Nitchaon Jindapol of Thailand at the Australian Open earlier this month has perhaps added to her learning. "Sometimes it can be natural for players to take someone who's lower-ranked maybe a bit lightly," she says. "I've learnt through all my matches that you have to treat everyone as an equal or you've already messed up the match in your head."

For Sindhu, being a player of reckon has also meant having to cut down on some of her pet shots, like the jump smash. Some of it also has to do with the game turning faster. "Jump smashes have seen me through the Rio Olympics and even in the early stages of my career, but now I use them sparingly," she says. "Part of it is because my opponents don't let me. They know attack is my core strength so they force me into defence with downward shots. That's an area I'm working on. Also, often with the drift when you jump, you can mistime the shuttle."

In the run-up to the Olympics, part of the act is also staying unpredictable, Sindhu adds. "I know the other players have me all figured through videos of my matches, they'd know when and where I'd land a shot, even how. So it's important that I don't play the same kind of game with everyone."

It's closing in on three years since Sindhu woke up to stardom with her Olympic medal and for her the love-hate relationship between fan and athlete is all too familiar by now. As long as she's winning matches, her social media mentions are filled with sugar-coated comments. A string of unsuspecting defeats later, questions over why she's on an untimely vacation or why she's walking the ramp in metallic pink sneakers when she'd rather be on court, sneak in. Smack in the middle of a loose shot or a string of errors, commentators on live broadcast too are given to wondering aloud over whether her public appearances may be eating into her training schedule.

Sindhu isn't bitter in the least over the assumed conclusions.

"When you lose, people tend to say things," she laughs. "I know as an athlete I have to face everything. I see all that's written about me...my fashion show appearances, endorsements or vacation pictures but I just leave them there. I don't let them reach my mind. No matter what people say, I still have to play. I still have to try to win."

Link: https://www.espn.in/badminton/story/_/id/26997548/no-matter-people-say-to-play-pv-sindhu

Baddie lover likes this.
  17. Baddyforall

Happy Birthday Sindhu. Many many more returns of the day

Baddie lover likes this.
  18. Tennyson

Tennyson Regular Member

Now that we understand better to why she was so poor this year. Not just Sindhu but the entire Indian team ever since Mulyo left. While change of sponsor and gear shouldn't be a problem for top athletes, it is just unfortunate of her to be bothered by it. There just isnt any ZForce2 equivalent in LiNing's arsenal.

19. Baddyforall

Come out of your Obsession to Mulyo. Sindhu was far better even before Mulyo. So, there is no point of Mulyo here. She wanted to say that Previously she was used to the training methods of Mulyo and after his departure, they are undergoing with the changes brought out by korean coaches. Before Mulyo, she used to get training from Gopi. Everybody's training methods are different. That is what she is mentioning here.

20. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    According to Forbes, Sindhu ranks #13 with 5.5 millions earning from June 1,2018 to June 1,2019. Top 10 are all tennis players. Great work.

Baddyforall likes this.