P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

P V Sindhu and other Olympians were felicitated by UP government.
    She was given Rs.1.5 crores

Airos likes this.
  2. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    PV Sindhu - Chief Guest for IIT Madras convocation

3. Baddyforall

4. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Queen Of Majors PV SINDHU has yet again forced the global sporting community to take notice of our beloved Badminton by again breaking into the Prestigious FORBES Top 10 List of World's richest Female Athletes

Here are some of the Articles from International Media from USA to UK and Australia to New Zealand..Our Queen is the reason

THE TIMES UK (Queen's Photo as the main banner)
    HEADLINES -:
    Female Athletes Striking it rich and NOT ALL TENNIS PLAYERS for once.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...and-not-all-tennis-players-for-once-mvtprfds8

NEWS Australia

https://www.news.com.au/sport/tenni...s/news-story/0622e76b3b2a59328afbeca7e30625a0

FORBES USA

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brettk...s-score-a-record-167-million/?sh=49b5ed1078cc

RNZ New Zealand

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/sport/459544/today-s-sports-news-what-you-need-to-know

STUFF New Zealand

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/women-i...paid-womens-sports-stars-list-with-83-million

The Brightest and Biggest Face of Badminton to the Global Community Since 2018 is the Queen Of Majors PUSARLA VENKATA SINDHU

5. Baddyforall

Even players came for support

Anks likes this.
  6. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

It's pretty obvious why Ben Lane would.
    Even though I agree the umpire's decision was wrong, I think Sindhu is reacting too strongly to this. It's like how Carolina Marin totally lost the plot while playing that one match against Sung Ji Hyun, when she was given red card.
    I think players should prepare mentally for these situations, many players have to deal with bad line calls, dubious service faults, nets calls etc.
    Blaming her loss entirely on this is not fair.

7. Baddyforall

So, you say that she should not protest for the injustice done to her by that stupid umpire! ?.
    If she did not protest, how come even they realize what their mistake is.
    Atleast Marin was shown 2 yellow cards before she was awarded with red card. If you are compairing this incident with that incident, then I have to ask you to wake up. This blunder is a biggest blunder I would say from Umpires. Dont write for the sake of writing something compairing two totally different incidents .

8. rajat_remar

I'm not talking about her complaining to the umpire during the match. I'm talking about her post match interviews and social media posts where she was saying that not for the point she would've been playing in the final. All I'm saying that these type of calls are very common in sports (even in more organized sports like tennis). Players should be able to not let these things affect them. It is disappointing if she didn't attend the medal ceremony due to this.
    I compared her with Carolina because she too let the red card affect her game. In both the matches, not for the complete mental break down, both players would have won.

Cheung likes this.
  9. Baddyforall

You still didn't get what I meant. Sindhu didn't even know that she will be deducted . Because she is not even awarded yellow card before deducting. If something happens when you are least expecting it , you will be in a shock. That will not subside so easily. This is not the case with Carolina. She was awarded yellow card twice before red card and later a point was given to her opponent. Carolina definitely know what could be the outcome after 2 yellow cards and so she may not be in as shocked as it was for Sindhu. I would say that definitely she lost the second game because of that. She was 14-11 at that point and whatever she said is true after the match. We can talk anything from outside. We have to think about players and their position.
    And also , Akane and other non English speakers can't argue this much to umpires and referee because of the language problem but still if they find there is injustice happening they never fail to argue to umpire even if they are non English speakers. I will give one example. There was a tournament where a chinese umpire sat for WD between china and japan. There was a time in that match, where chinese umpire did not allowed Japanese pair to challenge the line call. Immediately, Japanese pair argued with umpire and even their coach argued with the umpire. And even that became a huge issue back then afterwards. Everybody spoke about that saying japanese pair lost because of that. . Even in that event, no point was awarded to opponent so that the match will lose its course. But with Sindhu, point was snatched from her which eventually changed the course of the match. Immediately, people would say " no. No. No. She should not say that she lost because of that". Hypocrites.

10. Baddyforall

Badminton Asia Technical Committee Apologises To PV Sindhu For 'Human Error'

https://sports.ndtv.com/badminton/b...ologises-to-pv-sindhu-for-human-error-3128961

Excerpts:

PV Sindhu had been left in tears after an "unfair" call by the umpires midway through her semifinal match in Badminton Asia Championships saw her go down in three games.

Badminton Asia Technical Committee chairman Chih Shen Chen has apologised to two-time Olympic medallist P V Sindhu for the "human error" committed by the referee during the women's singles semifinal match of the Badminton Asia Championships in April. Sindhu had been left in tears after an "unfair" call by the umpires midway through her semifinal match against Japan's Akane Yamaguchi saw her go down in three games and eventually sign off with a bronze medal, her second in the continental championship.

"Unfortunately, there is no rectification at this time. However, we have taken the necessary steps to avoid a repetition of this human error," the official said in the letter to Sindhu.

"We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We believe it is part of the sport and that it is accepted as such." The incident had happened while Sindhu was leading 14-11 in the second game after having won the first game when the umpire handed her a one-point penalty for taking too much time to serve between points.

"The umpire told me you're taking a lot of time but the opponent wasn't ready at that point. But the umpire suddenly gave her the point and it was really unfair. I think that was one of the reasons why I lost," Sindhu had said.

"I mean that is my feeling because at that moment it was 14-11 and could have become 15-11 but instead, it became 14-12 and she took continuous points. And I think it was very unfair. Maybe I would have won the match and played in the final." Sindhu, who is a member of Badminton World Federation's (BWF) Athletes' Commission, had immediately written a letter to the world body and the Asia badminton confederation, protesting against the decision.

Sindhu's father PV Ramana hoped such incidents don't happen in future.

"I am just happy that they accepted the mistake. I can humbly request that if such situation arises again, the referee should take some time and see the recording, review the videos and then take an appropriate decision," he told PTI.

rajat_remar, Cheung and visor like this.
  11. rajat_remar

Great to see Sindhu playing with more urgency in recent tournaments. Hope she can finally win gold in CWG, where she will be the clear favourite. I can see only Kirsty, Michelle Li and probably Goh Jin Wei/ Yeo Jia Min who can pose a threat.

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Singapore Open: PV Sindhu wins first Super 500 title, here's why it's important
    Singapore Open: PV Sindhu wins first Super 500 title, here's why it's important (espn.in)

upload_2022-7-19_16-33-4.png
    PV Sindhu celebrates a point against Wang Zhi Yi in their women's singles final of Singapore Open. Yong Teck Lim/Getty Images
    17 Jul, 2022
    • Zenia D'Cunha
    PV Sindhu won the first Super 500 title of her career when she defeated reigning Asian champion Wang Zhi Yi of China 21-9, 11-21, 21-15 in the final of the Singapore Open on Sunday. The first two games were lop-sided given the drift and the third was a battle of grit which she won on her endurance.

A first Super 500 title can feel odd for a player who is a former world champion, has two Olympic medals, has won the BWF World Tour finals and has multiple medals across world and Asian championships, Commonwealth and Asian Games.

The title also came in a weakened field, with Tai Tzu Ying and Ratchanok Intanon pulling out, which means she didn't face a single seeded player.

But none of this can take away from the fact that this is a significant title for Sindhu. Not because of its ranking points, but because of its timing. It comes after a rough stretch on the Asian leg with back-to-back losses to her nemesis Tai Tzu. This is her first 500 or better since the world championship win in 2019. This is her first 500 or better final in 2022. This is an important marker for the world No 7 while the rankings are still frozen.

In 2022 so far, Sindhu has been aiming at more matches and titles on the BWF Tour, something her coach, Park Tae Sang, had said at the start of the season. But it hasn't been a smooth-sailing mission. She has been consistently making deep runs on the BWF Tour but didn't have much to show for it.

Consider this: Sindhu has won just two titles this year before this - both Super 300s. But she has reached the semifinals seven times and quarters 10 times across 13 tournaments (excluding Uber Cup), with an Asian Championship bronze in the mix. Now, the record stands at three finals played, three finals won. Momentum gained.

[​IMG]
    Early exits, upset defeats but also two titles - PV Sindhu's year is patchy but not a concern
    33dZenia D'Cunha

And this comes right before the money stretch of 2022 - the Commonwealth Games (from an Indian perspective) and the World Championships. To reiterate, it's all about the timing.

Sindhu herself said she was relieved, if the celebration after the match point didn't make that clear enough. "I am relieved and very happy. After winning the first game, I gave her continuous points in the second and it was hard for me to catch up. In the third game, each point was important. After 11 (mid-game interval), she was coming closer; it was 9-11 at some point even though I was leading 11-6. It was very crucial I maintained the lead," she said after the trophy presentation.

Sindhu is no stranger to three-game tussles lately and indeed she needed a decider in the second and third matches against lower ranked opponents. But Sindhu is nothing if not perseverant.

She has stuck with her processes despite week-in and week-out of tough losses over the last few months, with the first-round and second-round exits at the two Super 1000s this year being the harshest. She has stuck to her game and forced deciders despite falling short against top-10 players in the business end. Now, with the luck of the draw, the virtue of persistence has been rewarded.

"In couple of tournaments there were hard-fought matches, losing the quarters and semis. It was upsetting of course, but it was very important that finally I could get this. I have crossed that level now where I have got the win so I hope the same tempo continues," Sindhu said on her overturning run of losses.

Up next, is another gruelling portion of the season but not before the 27-year-old takes some time (Read: a day) off to recharge. "I just have a week and then we leave for the Commonwealth Games but I think I can take a day off. It's been a long tour for me from Indonesia, Malaysia and now Singapore. Time to relax for a bit and get back to training. I have to focus on CWG, World Championships and Japan Open and need to stay physically and mentally fit," she said, thanking her travelling team - coach, trainer and physio - for keeping her injury free.

If she can carry on this winning momentum and mindset to Birmingham, a Commonwealth Games gold - another first - is well within reach in a much easier field.

Baddie lover likes this.
  13. Baddyforall

Wang zhiyi mentioned that she could not handle sindhu in the second half of 3rd game well. She told that sindhu was very aggressive and very fast in the second half of 3rd game in her post match interview.

14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    More money showered on her soon. A good few more years to come. ;)

15. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    PV fun interview in telugu,

1M views in 23 hrs :cool::cool:.

16. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    What's happened to her, is she injured or something.
    Don't see her male Korean coach with other Indian players. I think the Korean coach is very close to Pusarla and her family, almost like her boyfriend/fiancé. Never seen something like that, the way coach is taken in by her family and by her.

17. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Park Tae-Sang is the coach of Indian WS, which essentially is just PVS. Now does this make sense to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Fractured bone in the foot.

19. Baddyforall

PV Sindhu's name is again listed in Top 100 names of highest paid female athletes on the entire world on Forbe's magazine.
    She is 12th this year with $7.1 million earnings off court.

Anks and Cheung like this.
  20. 80plus

80plus Regular Member

Good for badminton.. I think it is better she takes into complete professional route like VA,AA.. No need of support from SAI/BAI [Tax payer's money].. Same money can be used for sports developments/other players!