Panda Power: A Racket That Can Take 40lbs. String Tension!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by DinkAlot, Apr 22, 2009.

1. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    Is the frame different from T2, looks like aero frame. Correct me if i am wrong here dink

2. visor

visor Regular Member

I think it's not just aero frame, but ultra aero frame! :)
    Dink says it is faster than the T2.

3. adonis

adonis Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power Australian Distributor, S
    So that's what it's going to look like lol. Wonders if the lighting has done it justice.

4. amleto

amleto Regular Member

yeah, dont like the gold stripes on it there.

5. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

I think we should hold off judgment on the color of the racket until Master DinkAlot takes some photos when he recieves them.

6. amleto

amleto Regular Member

yes, I liked the previous pics more when it looked more matted yellow than shiny gold.

7. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    The racket color scheme very similar to a cobra , it looks venomous ,too colorful for me I am afraid and for that reason , I wont be purchasing one.

I know you should not judge a book by its cover but on court I would like to hold something that I am comfortable looking at -playing with and as the masters keep saying to me; "you got to be mentally prepared in order to win games''

8. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Got a little "ophidiophobia" (fear of snakes)?
    Don't worry. The Precision looks more like the harmless Milk Snake than a cobra::)

Attached Files:

#2528 Fidget, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  9. BlankShot

BlankShot Regular Member

Just a quick question. How does the Li-Ning N50 Flame compare to the Ultra 2?

10. wuldup

wuldup Regular Member

Sunway Student
    racket pressure test. Racket was strung at 30lbs and broke at 227.3kg
    racket.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB2SjM4IQPg
    Maybe Ultra can hold 400kg^^

11. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    I would argue that (assuming this is testing the amount of force needed to strike a birdie for the racket to break) unless the device they used to measure exerted the pressure over an area equal to the area of contact by the shuttle, the results don't truly apply.

And even if they did, this provides a very limited conclusion without multiple trials, and even with those multiple trials, it would only provide a ball park at best for that specific racket, string, tension, stringing pattern, human stringer, and stringing machine combination.

However, quite the interesting find. 227kg is roughly 450-500lbs, right? I wonder how a tennis racket would fare with a thicker frame, thicker strings, but higher tension.

#2531 singnflip4life, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  12. wuldup

wuldup Regular Member

Sunway Student
    It would be universal to test sturdiness of the racket frame if all the rackets are tested under the same circumstances - same string and tension. Importantly, this test has nothing to do with hitting shuttle or playbility.

Racket manufacturer just wanted to show the quality and the manoeuvrability is a different topic.

13. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    It's completely worthless because no other manufacturers perform this test, or least they don't release the results. For all we know, 227kg is a pitifully poor result. Plus it's not modeling any "real world" situation, as singnflip4life said.
    I've seen a few videos like this, and while they look cool, they tell us absolutely nothing useful about the racket.

14. TKChai

TKChai Regular Member

Student
    How does one buy a T2 then :D

15. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
  16. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The UK/EU order for Precisions will be going in soon, so I'm asking anyone who wants one to contact me ASAP with desired specs; there's nothing worse than rolling the dice and ending up with rackets that won't sell:).

The sooner I know, the more chance you have of getting exactly what you want!

17. BOUBOS1957

BOUBOS1957 Regular Member

CATEGORY DIRECTOR
    Recently received my new Trinity 2, at 83.3 gr and BP at 284mm. I've strung it BG89 at 23/25 lbs, and removed original grip to install a towel grip. Previous regular rackets were Apacs Lethal 70, 88gr and 290 BP, same grip and strings. I am playing only doubles and mixed, and I was looking for a quicker weapon, that would allow me to react and defence better, but still maintain a fair level of power in the attacks.

Played for 2-1/2 hours, and first impressions are the racket is very well balance, and very manoeuvrable. Could hardly feel any vibrations, which is not the case with the L70. In defence, it is very quick and precise, and is very easy to either block or counter-attack. In matter of clears, I had to put more efforts to push deep then what I am used to with the L70. For the smashes, it also lack the power of the L70, and need a bit more efforts, but I don't think I was using the racket at its full potential, since the shaft seems a tad softer then the L70, and my timing was off; I will need more time with it. Drop shots, backands and net play was very good, again I really liked the control it gives me. By it's control, this racket make you feel very comfortable and confident.

I might have been better with an 84-85 gr at 288 BP model, but it was not available from my Canadian dealer, I will give the racket some time, and if needed I will add some lead tape to the head. (Any advise where we should put it on the head??)

In general I am very pleased with the racket, and once I'll get used to the shaft flex, I should be able to generate more power. The racket is giving me what I was expecting and looking for; speed, control and quick reaction, it should help me to become a better player. I have tried many different rackets; Babolat, Yonex and BlackKnight models, and none of them came that close to what I was looking for... a good double racket, adapted to todays reality of the speed of the game.

I am looking to get another T2 with the heavier specs, but not available for now in Canada, and since the Precision is coming, maybe Dink can advise, if I choose a Precision instead, with the 84-85gr and 288 Bp, how will it compared with the T2??? Will it be difficult to adapt, switching from on to the other in the same evening???

Thank you, Dink, very good product, I am very happy with this first encounter.

18. BOUBOS1957

CATEGORY DIRECTOR
    OOps, String is Yonex BG80.

I should be able to play more this week, but our season really start next week.

This racket will definetily become my GOTO racket, and I recommend it to anyone who wants to be able to follow today's fast pace of play.

19. visor

visor Regular Member

BOUBOS1957,

To make it slightly head heavier, try adding 2-3 inches of black athletic tape at the 10 and 2 o'clock positions. That should shift your bp slightly by 5 mm or so, enough to be noticeably more powerful for baseline clears and smashes. That's what I did to mine.

20. BOUBOS1957

CATEGORY DIRECTOR
    Do you mean the black electric tape, and 2-3 inches each sides???