Pelatnas

Discussion in 'Indonesia' started by stucken, Feb 12, 2008.

1. stucken

stucken Regular Member

In a month time, I will be heading to Indonesia for a two month round trip. I would like some info about pelatnas and some other badminton locations.

Pelatnas:

What does Pelatnas look like? Is it just a stadium or more like a compound
    Is it possible to visit this place and to watch national trainings as a tourist or is this not allowed?
    What are the best times during the day to have chance to see players train there? Does anybody have the address of Pelatnas?

Clubs in Jakarta

If I cannot visit Pelatnas, does anyone have the adress of clubs:
    Djarum Kudus
    Jaya Raya
    or other big clubs

SGS Bandung

As I will also stay in Bandung, I would like to have the adress of this club as well if possible.

I would really appreciate if someone could help with one or more of these questions.

Terima kasih banyak

2. badminto_expert

badminto_expert Regular Member

Consultant
    no all peoples can go to pelatnas. Only have appointment to some coach there. or ex-Indonesian National Players.

Pelatnas located at Cipayung street. I know how to go there but I can't remember the detail address.

Another way how to go to pelatnas is:
    - Join training with big club and sometime the club players have appointment to go to pelatnas for sparring and you can follow them.

Club in Jakarta:
    - Tangkas - Tanjung Duren-Tangkas Training Centre
    - Djarum Kudus - Jawa Tengah (not in Jakarta)
    - Jaya Raya - I know how to go but can't remember the actual address
    - Pelita - Kosambi

mid of november 2008, I will going back to Jakarta and bring some players from singapore for training in Tangkas. and I also easy to access to Pelatnas. So you can follow me...

3. stucken

stucken Regular Member

Thanks for all the information. I really appreciate it.

I think I know the Pelatnas adress: Jl Damai Raya Cipayung Jakarta Timur.

I have only one day in Jakarta because I am staying in Bogor so I thought I liked to visit the heart of indonesian badminton. I hope I can watch some players train there.

If it is a public place, can't you just walk in there and watch the training from the side courts, or is that not allowed if you don't know anybody or is there security?

If players don't have international tournaments; Are there fixed times that they train at Pelatnas during the day or do they train all day there.

Can somebody help me with the other adresses or any other information?

4. Tjepy

Tjepy Regular Member

trader
    pelatnas look like a old building,wich all national player from indonesia train and stay over there.
    to visit this place and see the national pleyer train,you have to make a pointment first,cause no all peoples can go to pelatnas. Only who have appointment to some coach there,or Indonesian National Players.
    At the morning is the best time to go there
    Pelatnas located at jalan Damai,cipayung,jakarta Timur,thx,see you in jakarta

5. stucken

stucken Regular Member

Thanks for all the information.

To be honest I have been there in March this year. I visited club djarum in Slipi/Petamburan and because I knew the trainer there I could watch the there the whole afternoon. After that i went to Pelatnas and i could just go in there without asking anyone. Maybe it was because not a lot of players where there. But it was a great experience and I will go again this year if I can. For Dutch people like me it's a special place.

6. Tjepy

Tjepy Regular Member

trader
    nice to see your email stucken,when you have plain to jakarta again u can call me,for play or all about badminton,hope to see you in jakarta,thx