Perfect representation of our beloved sport...

Discussion in 'Olympics 2016 - RIO' started by Rob3rt, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

This video - uploaded by the official Olympics channel on YouTube - shows exactly what badminton is all about:

Speed, power, agility, technical skills, mental toughness, strategy and much more!

By compiling the best bits of professional players' matches this will surely help to get Badminton more popular internationally.

nilesh123, visor and s_mair like this.
  2. Harish Reddy M

Harish Reddy M Regular Member

Student
    http://bwfbadminton.com/2016/06/07/badminton-to-feature-in-olympic-channel-programming/

A good step in making badminton more reachable!

Just posting a link to an article published in bwf badminton website.

The thread title though intended in a different way also works for this article, so posting here. I have also posted in Australia open superseries qualifying and R32 thread as I thought that would make more people read it, being in an active thread.

Thanks!

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Oh boy... that must be the lamest presentation of badminton ever. What are they thinking? If that is the way the new Olympic Channel wants to present the sport, then good night.

4. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

That's exactly what people who don't know badminton think I'm doing when I tell them I play badminton...

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

So true. Watching that clip makes me seriously consider dropping badminton instantly and start a much cooler and more dynamic sport. Like Golf. Or Chess. :confused:

nilesh123 likes this.
  6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Frankly, not impressed with the video. It more or less still depicts badminton as a backyard sport or one played in the open field under sunny and windy conditions, a far cry from the speed, power, athleticism, special techniques such as jump-smash, lunges, dives,dashing to and fro, and, not forgetting, wit, intelligence,deception as well as mental toughness associated with the greats we know.

#6 Justin L, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016