Place to play for a day in Surrey

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by txyu, Apr 2, 2003.

1. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Okay, here's the deal: Since you forgot to pay for her last time, there is a penalty clause which requires you pay double the rate this coming Saturday. So since last time was $10, and her share is $7.50 (the proportional rate), and this Saturdays fee of $5.00) add on that the double rate which makes it $10. So that's $17.50 you owe us - er the VRC this Saturday, payable in advance.

:eek: Hey guys! Beer's on TXYU's GF!

2. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    Hmmm... let's just say if that was the case, I'd suggest all guests to partner with badrad or txyu hahahaha~ :D.

3. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    I don't know why people keep thinking/saying that about VRC. If you keep thinking that then you'll never be ready to play there. Don't you think the players at VRC are improving their skills all the time too? They aren't remaining stagnant while waiting for you to improve yours ;).

The average night is comprised of ALL levels of players from beginner to advanced. The great majority falling in the intermediate spectrum. And it's quite rare to see a court of just advanced players... it's usually mixed up in some way to even both sides out.

Seriously though, as txyu said, just come out and play dammit! :D Afterall, you'll be with your BF.com family!

BTW, I think I read in another thread that you know coach Frank Chen. He came to spectate as well last time but... RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!! He had to go change and ended up playing half the night away :D.

4. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    I think that's an omen Kwun... It's your destiny to come up here, and play lots of badminton, and eat lots of sushi and chinese food :D.

5. Gryp

Gryp Regular Member

I'm in!!! :D

Woohoo.. I hope all you older guys don't pick on me too badly!!

HEHE >.<

You mentioned Frank Chen!!

Coool.. he's gonna be my new coach.. if I like what I see tonite.. haha.. :)

Going down to his class at Richmond CHristian Alliance Church to check it out..

P.S.: Regarding guest drop in fee... if there're more than 3 or 4 of us guests.. can't you buy like 4 drop-in passes and it's cheaper? I'd rather be legit than kicked out of one awesome badminton nite with you BF buddies!!

#125 Gryp, Apr 23, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2003
  6. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    There are discount coupons when you buy a block of ten passes. But I noticed the discount price has increased to $7 from earlier $6.50. The regular drop-in fee without a pre-purchase pass is $10.

There are a number of regular Saturday members that have bought a book of discount passes, but not sure who they are. In the past WWC signed up through a lady who has some of these passes.

When you submit your envelope for the guest fee, you either put in a $10 bill for each guest, or a pass for each guest. The passes can be purchased in the office or sometimes in the bar, but unfortunately both are closed on Saturday nights.

BTW Gryp - how old are you? Even as a guest, if you are under 19 you can be asked to leave since it is senior priority on Saturday night. Just a caution so you don't get kicked out.

7. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    I just re-checked the guest policy for the VRC;

I don't know how we are going to do this. Txyu is probably okay since he has only been in once this month. As far as VRC members who are also BF regulars, we have Timeless, Badrad, WilloW & 15Love and assuming that Mrs. Timeless & Mrs. Badrad are okay with signing in guest, then we have 6 members who can sign in guests.

As for Marky and Pete LSD, I am not sure how many times they have been to the VRC this month.

So we have the following guests:
    a) Myself (WWC);
    b) Tyxu;
    c) Gryp;
    d) Dropsmash;
    e) JChen99 (over 19?)

...anyone else?

8. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    yah... I am over 19... barely tho, and I'm not sure if I'll be there this sataurday cuz of 2 variables... one is condition I'm in right now and the second is time... anyway... I'll still try to make it

9. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    VRC Member

Dropped in too many times :D . That's why I will play at another club this Sat - PM me for detail. I was on the waiting list but managed to register this Tues for VRC membership. However, I will pick up shoe tag and keys in early-to-mid May. So, see you guys in May.

10. Gryp

Gryp Regular Member

Oh yeah i'm over 19 for sure.. hehe.. well turn 20 in August...

I'm pretty much done 3rd yr at UBC.. woohoo!! ;D

Grad next year.. wow too fast.. time flies... when u're hitting birdies!!

So what time are we meeting? And how do I look out for u guys? Well group of guys standing together shouldn't be too hard to figure out.. hehe..

Calvin

11. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Just look for a group of Oriental guys on court....HAHAHAHAHA!

No, seriously, you have to flash us the secret BF handshake...which is...when you walk in onto the courts, you have to put down your bag and flap your arms like a chicken and crow like a rooster at the top of your lungs!!!

12. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    WWC - there is a revised price from what you quoted there. I noticed the new pricing posted at the registration box, and the discounted max is $7.00, not $6.50. Now, that doesn't affect previous purchased passes, since they are already paid for.

13. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Remember to bring your own feather shuttles too...

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Camera, camera, camera...

Please don't disappoint me one more time... ;)

15. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    Perhaps by tomorrow evening we should do one more final attendance check. So if you're one of the "maybes" then please try to confirm by tomorrow. Last thing we want is a surprise guest showing up and not being able to get inside because there is no one to greet them at door (it's locked 24-7).

16. Gryp

Gryp Regular Member

Okay.. secret handshake.. check!

Well basically I was more concerned with getting in.. that's the majority of the battle :p

I know the doors are locked.. that's why i was wondering how they'd tell i'm me.. haha.. or will they just look for the younger chap holding onto his black yonex bag waiting outside the door -_-;

So yeah... im assuming someone's gonna be at the door? -_-;

Or perhaps PM me a contact # to call.. lol..

17. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    That's what the front door Buzzer is for!

There is a front door buzzer by the side of the door. Press that and someone will let you in. Come in the gym, look lost - we will find you.

18. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    I think I'll be there... I've felt a LOT better today after 5 hrs of baddy...
    but til when I do not know... hope I'm not gonna be too big a burden... hehe

19. Seot

Seot Regular Member

I may also drop by to check out the action! I'm just usually just a lurker here so I hope no one minds. :)

Seot

20. TTT

TTT Regular Member

can I come too?...I'm a beginner and for some reason...I'm in a "down" cycle....looking to get out of it..