Places to Play near San Jose

Discussion in 'USA West' started by dumpy, May 23, 2005.

1. dumpy

dumpy Regular Member

Badminton Lover and an Engineer
    HI,
    I am new in San Jose area. I am a mid-level player from Philadelphia area just moved to San Jose, CA. Can anyone suggest clubs closer to San Jose. I live near the intersection of Tasman Dr and Renaissance dr (95134). I do not know how it works here. Do you just come to the club and play with whoever is available there, or do I need to bring partner. Do you bring your own birds or birds are being charged in the membership fee. In Philadelphia, you just payed a flat rate and the club provided you with the birds. Please pardon my ignorance and any help in this will be greatly appreciated. Depending on my work schedule I am looking forward to play most of the weekdays in the evening.

Thanks
    Dumpy:)

2. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I go to Bintang. I usually go by myself and play with whoever is available there. I would say half of people go by themselves and half go in a group. I bring my own birds.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Bintang is your place to go. i used to live in 95134 too, and it was less than 10mins.

Bintang's address is 1375 Geneva Drive, Sunnyvale.

from Renaissance Drive, either go on Tasman and then right on Lawrence Expry. or take 237 and right on Carribean Drive.

they have a website:

www.bintangbadminton.com

and they are open everyday. can't beat that!

4. dumpy

dumpy Regular Member

Thanx much guys. will drop in either today or tommorrow to check it out.

Dumpy

5. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

Welcome to San Jose!! You've come at a pretty good time since many gyms have started to open. Since you live near the intersection of Tasman Dr. I recommend you go to Bintang as well since that would be closer. Basically for the clubs here, you just go to the club, pay your drop-in fee, and just play with whoever is available. You can usually find a partner if you need one. As far as birds are concerned, here you buy your own. The gym/club doesn't provide them, but they do sell them.

6. MidBadder

MidBadder Regular Member

Engineer
    Welcome to San Jose

I stayed in Phili for two years. You kind of remind me the old time there but did not play badminton at that time though.
    Well by any chance you can play during noon time just give me a note? :)

7. dumpy

dumpy Regular Member

Afternoons is a little difficult for me. I went and played yesterday in the evenings though. I can play in the afternoons on weekends probably.
    IF you want to know more about things going on in Badminton in Philadelphia, visit: www.mybuddies.net. It is managed by one of my friends Raymond See.

Take Care
    Dumpy