Play badminton in HCMC VIETNAM

Discussion in 'Vietnam' started by tifam, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

They were saying Hay Qua which means good shot!
    Clubs are open until 10pm so if you want to skip the early morning session there is plenty of action 4-10pm...
    Nguyen T. Minh who won the mens singles went to Germany and when he came back he had a new style which consisted of constant offensive clears with some drops and smashes thrown in for surprise effect....The result was that he wore down Susilo and Jeffers and made them try to make shots that they could not make...The games were actually a bit funny to watch but results could not be argued with....Hope you play here again and if I can help you with places to play just let me know...contact me at ; vietnamnam@yahoo.com :D

2. permanis

permanis Regular Member

As your work will take you to Suzhou for a considerable period, I am sure you will not have problems finding kakis to play with.Unfortunately the place is not on my radar sceen to visit at the present moment. Most of my trips out of Sydney are centred around Malaysia and Hong Kong.Who knows maybe we can still play badminton somewhere in the wide world of badminton. All the best.

Permanis

3. permanis

permanis Regular Member

Dear Dream Hai,

Thank you for correcting my Vietnamese.Yes Nguyen T Minh is certainly a quite a facinating player to watch. I agree that Jeffers was no match against Minh because of the hard match he had against that Korean player in the s/f.
    Also Jeffers is just a steady stroke player which Minh can deal easily because of his speed.I am sure his training in Germany hasl improve his game furthe. I thought the match of the day in the the Robotic Tournament finals was the ladies singles match between the Korean player and Thai player. The Thai player was much better player with very deceptive drop shots from the back.I think she was unlucky not to have won the rubber. The Korean lady was retrieving from impossible positions and mentally strong.
    I don't know when I will be in Vietnam again. All the same,thank you for your kind offer of the advice of the places to play in HCMC.I am not too familiar with Binh Thanh and I know it's after crossing the bridge pass Dien Bien Phu at the very huge roundabout and to the left.It covers a huge area. I have been there for some Vietnamese pancakes and also have sam bor lueng drink along a road after yet another bridge there.Keep it up being an ambassador of the game in Vietnam.Should one day you find yourself in Sydney and want a game of badminton in Sydney,you can contact me at permanis@hotmail.com.

All the best and keep in touch.

Permanis.

4. permanis

permanis Regular Member

Nguyen Tien Minh KO Msia's Kuan Beng Hong

For all Vietnamese badminton fans, the best news up to date is that your Nguyen Tien Minh is suddenly becomng a world class player considering that he beat beat the No.3 Malaysia Thomas Cup singles player Kuan Beng Hong 20-17, 20-22 and 22-20 to reach the QF of the Philipines Open finals on 25/5/2006. Lets see how far Mr. Minh progresses.

Permanis

5. Rainofserenity

Rainofserenity Regular Member

YAY! finally at least one vietnamese dude out there! :D ( besides HowarD).

6. campusboy

campusboy Regular Member

Hi all ,
    I'm glad u guys all love to play badminton in HCM. If u guys have spare time and fancy in a simple game then u guys can come to "Nha Van Hoa Thanh Nien" , next to "Tao Dan" park around 1-2 pm. I'm in my summer holiday as well and i sure can speak english well ;)

By the way , I always there on Mon , Wed , and Fri. There are lots of foreigners there.( most of them are French )

7. Rainofserenity

wow! so excited i think imma go back to Vietnam in december! :D. do you think Nguyen Tien Minh is there to play against us? like to help feedback and stuffs? :[

8. kamiel1

kamiel1 Regular Member

vietnam

hello!
    is there anybody who can help me to find an indoor gym where i can play the game!?
    i am in hanoi desperate seeking a place to play a prober game of badminton. every game is prober but i like to have a challenge with people who are quit good at the game!
    thanx, anybody!?
    kamiel

9. permanis

permanis Regular Member

Can anyone help Kamiel1?

Hello Kamiel1
    I am not familiar with Hanoi as I have never play there. However you may like to approach those players who play outdoor around Lenin Square or at the roundabout going to West Lake. Ask them where there are indoor gyms are and I am sure you can have some results. I have seen quite good players there.They only play until 7.00a.m and after that they are all gone-disappeared.
    Now....any Hanoians, please help Kameil1.I too also like to know.
    Kam mer

Permanis

10. CornChip

CornChip Regular Member

badmiton in hanoi

Dear Kamiel,

I've never played in Ha Noi either but i know of a badminton group there who might be able to help, email quycoctu@yahoo.com , his name is An

11. Rainofserenity

Is there any good gyn around the middle part of Vietnam? around Phu quy or PHan Rang? :/ thanks.

12. terencechan

terencechan Regular Member

Hi guys, I just arrived in Ho Chi Minh.. staying in district 1.. wish to join you guys for a few games of badminton. Can you give me the date and directions, I'll be there :) Badminton is my favourite game...

13. CornChip

CornChip Regular Member

Dear Terencechan,

We're playing today at 12 to 3pm in Ky hoa Court (the one just behind the Ky Hoa Hotel on Ba Thang Hai Street, Dist. 10) and tomorrow Sunday 26/11 in Phu Tho (the old court, near the swimming pool) from 11am to 2pm. Just drop me a mail at phist3r@yahoo.com if you wanna come.

14. campusboy

campusboy Regular Member

@ terencechan : you welcome to join us . We play in the morning 6-7am :p . Nguyen tri Phuong court. Near to a big Yamaha shop , close to 3-2 , nguyen Tri Phuong crossroad . drop me a line if u like to come

15. terencechan

No badminton racket

Thanks for the invite guys! Problem is I forgot to bring my racket with me... but my wife is coming over next month.. so I'll post a reply when I'm ready..

16. terencechan

Racket in hand and ready to play!

I'm all ready now to play... Are you guys still playing?

17. terencechan

Look to join a Badminton group

Now that I'm based in HCM, I'm looking forward to start playing badminton again. Anyone in need of a new member, I'm free to play. My contact number is 0902679933. I'm average to slightly below average in skill level.... prefer to play in doors... terenceklchan@gmail.com

18. CornChip

CornChip Regular Member

Playing badminton in HCMC

Dear Terence,

We're playing in Dao Duy Anh Court every sundays from 10h to 11h (1 court), 11h to 12h (3 courts) 12h to 14h (5 courts). You're welcome to join. We belong to the biggest and most active badminton forum in HCMC. www.caulong.com, we're developing an English box very soon, so you guys can come and take part. This is a big group with all sort of levels. I'm sure you'll have fun with us.

Dao Duy Anh badminton court is at 163 Dao Duy Anh street (just off Ho Van Hue street), Ward 9 Phu Nhuan District.

Cheers

#58 CornChip, Dec 28, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  19. DietCokeMan

DietCokeMan Regular Member

Hi,
    Is there any badminton club/group around Phu My Hung?

20. DietCokeMan

DietCokeMan Regular Member

seems like nobody wants to read this thread anymore...:crying: