pre-thomas cup news

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by limsy, Jan 20, 2010.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Whether CHN wins UC is a foregone conclusion...I think the question should be will CHN lose 1 game on her way to UC crown?...TR may be the only player who can prevent a 3-0 sweep by CHN;) XBall, great entertainer, great supporter of MAS badminton..I salute the man:D:p

2. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I amuse myself sometimes.:D

The TC is not a SS and everybody puts in better effort than they would in a SS. As such, it is always unpredictable. You get even HH and WCH coming to say they are 100% ready and HH went further to say he will endeavour to be unbeaten in all his matches. It just shows how fired up he is.

Patriotism is another thing not mentioned much here. I think the Malaysian team is going be enveloped by that - the 1Malaysia thing will be used to motivate players and fans. Come D day, it will matter the most !:)

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    This TC10, CHN is favoured to win but not a 100% guarantee as other countries do have a chance, esp DEN. I agree with you MAS playing at home is like a harimau (the real Sumatran hairmau, not the harimau in Wizard of Oz:D) and LCW/TBH-KKK gets a boost playing at home. I think the mistake is not playing LWW/CTK as 2nd MD, that's my thought...if LD lose, anything can happen. But UC, let's be honest, every country except CHN is fighting for 2nd place and just hope that when that country meets CHN in final, don't get sweep:crying:

4. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    no doubt china is hot favorite but not 100%, i totally agree and countries like denmark or even korea could spring surprises.

what x-ball mentioned everybody puts in better effort than they would in a ss and patriotism is true. in this team event, the motivation level is much more higher and it keeps coming because its a team event and team effort and everybody is pushing everybody and if the preparation is good its gonna create some surprises! :cool:

5. Angelineayht

Angelineayht Regular Member

Student
    MAS Uber team very weak without Julia and Lydia. Wonder how they get injured??
    Looks like MAS only can get points frm WMC and doubles

6. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Agree, the strong one are WMC, And Wong/Chin but in ms1 WMC will loose to at least China and Denmark I fear..

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Boon Heong-Thien How reunion on the cards

Thien How and I did well in junior tournaments. We may not have played together for four years but it will not be too difficult to team up with him again,” he said. “We have played with different partners in training a few times just to be prepared for any eventualities.
    “If I am teamed up with Thien How, we will probably play the second doubles match.
    “It is up to the coaches to name the best pair for the tasks. For now, I am ready to play as the first doubles with Koo (Kien Keat).”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/5/3/sports/6178065&sec=sports

Sidek spirit stays high despite Rashid’s misfortune

This is not something new to the Sideks. We have gone through hardships and we always come out of them stronger. The most important thing is to be there for each other,” he said.

The Sideks are tough people. We will continue to do what we know best right now – to coach and prepare the players to achieve their best in the Finals,” said Misbun.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/5/3/sports/6178308&sec=sports

Japan have the depth to trouble us, warns Choong Hann

“It looks like Japan are trying really hard to be a significant impact in these Finals. Previously, they used to have one strong doubles pair to steal points but this time, their singles are not pushovers too,” he said.

ago has showed promise to be a star of the future and one needs to be wary of Kazushi, who defeated Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia, in the second round of the Swiss Open,” said Choong Hann. “On paper, we are still the better team. But it is best that we do not underestimate them. We have to be mentally ready for tougher fights against them. The Finals could be an opportunity for Japan to spark a breakthrough but we should put off the fire even before it starts to smoke.”
    On his decade over campaign in the Finals, Choong Hann said that he was confident that he could justify his role in the team at second singles.
    “My preparation has been good and I see this as an opportunity to surprise my opponents – especially the younger players,” he said.
    “It is an honour to play in the team event once again. I hope no one is writing me off just yet. I am going in with a chance of winning every match even though it may look tough on paper. This is certainly my last Thomas Cup Finals and I will go all out.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/5/3/sports/6178498&sec=sports

Rexy believes setback will fan players’ fire to perform even better

It is unfortunate that this has happened. For now, we will be just be short of one strategist. All the othercoaches will continue to work as a team to come out with the best strategy for our Thomas and Uber Cup sides,” he said. “Rashid’s brother Misbun is the mastermind in the singles and he will be supported by Teh Seu Bock. We will sit together and take into account all the coaches’ opinions.” Rexy added that the setback well fan the fire among the players to perform even better.
    “I am confident that our players are ready and will not be distracted. In fact, this will only spur them to perform even better,” he said.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/5/3/sports/6178558&sec=sports

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i heard the MAS squads will get a priority early team practice on Wednesday @ Putra stadium..one day earlier than other countries..

9. bulutangkis

bulutangkis Regular Member

Perhaps it should be the world's best against China for TC & UC since China is too strong. :p

10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

May 03, 2010

Ami Afriatni

Individual Victory Drought Weighs on Indonesians

Indonesia’s focus for the 2010 Thomas and Uber Cups will be all about team.

It had better be, considering how little the shuttlers have won individually.

None of the shuttlers in Indonesia’s men’s or women’s teams have won Super Series or World Championship individual titles this year, but that is no concern to team manager Jacob Rusdianto.

“Please note that individual competition is very much different from team events. A player’s loss does not determine the final result as there are four more matches to go,” Jacob told the Jakarta Globe on Monday.

Indonesia’s men will attempt to win their first Thomas Cup since 2002, with the women chasing their first Uber Cup since 1996, when Kuala Lumpur hosts the finals of both tournaments from May 9-16.
    -----------------------------
    *Read completely through the Jakarta Globe.com -- http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/sports/individual-victory-drought-weighs-on-indonesians/372896