pre-world championship news

Discussion in 'World Championships 2010' started by limsy, Jan 31, 2010.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
  2. Xpert

Xpert Regular Member

Consultant
    Danish Coach Lyduch predicts a two man battle in the men's singles, and puts pressure on fellow countrymen Boe/Mogensen in men's doubles.

See for youself at www.globadx.com

3. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Badzine posted that with SDK withdrawal, PG benefits and looks clear to MSF. IMO, the second half fav is CJ. PG may gets into SF easier with SDK withdrawal but MZ from Germany is not easy as it seems.

4. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

According to many, with or without SDK, the outcome will be the same. Anyway, just came across an article that said that Lin Dan is determined to play the best badminton in his life(secretly training under Tang SiFu) en route to his 4th World Championship. So what now ,OTB:D:D?Are you not itching to place a bet? Are you going to let this golden opportunity to slip?You might become a billionaire overnight(did you hear the call of the devil:cool::cool:, calling out to you saying: Come on OTB, place your bet...hehehehehe)?:D:D. Not to mention that you have coach Li Yong Bo's 'quality assurance': He is sure that Lin Dan will be top once again.

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, especially Peter Gade. He has very bright chance to enter last four since no tough opponent in his quarter.

6. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Yep he will face simon or chen jin in Sf

7. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Dude, first of, I don't bet/gamble, gambling are for people who are willing to risk yet can sleep, I can't and I don't need a billion, what I have is plenty enough:D;)...I often used the word 'bet' as a figurative of speech to show how certain I am of a player winning this or that;) I invest, that is why I can retire anytime I want...now;) What you said about LD training under Thing, I have said that long time ago...yawn!!! LD goal is collecting major titile to expand his legacy in this sport. I would 'bet' on satay, food, maybe beer (I don't drink either) and get to enjoy a night chatting on baddy with my MAS friends if I am in MAS, I would 'bet' only if I can assure of collecting my winning. My prediction from the onset, is LD will win his 4th gold. Betting on LD is no brainer, H2H is 16-6 against LCW i.e. lose 6 and win 16 times, not bad returns on investment.;)

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i can certainly concur abt PG's path to the Semis is now easier with SDK's withdrawal. However, should PG meet CJ, i think it's gonna be a toss up, should SS meet CJ and both play another rubber match. Chen Jin has the better H-2-H record vs. PG (6-3) but Gade has won the last 2 meetings against CJ and winning them in straight games (last meeting between both was in 2008).

9. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Sigh...the man who always said that he will bet his money on Lin Dan, told me he is not fancy in gambling now and all those were just figurative of speech. I thought you must be on your way to becoming a billionaire by the way you spoke on how you will bet on Lin Dan every time. No betting from you? Disappointing...disappointing. Oh man, that's boring, Yawn. Anyway, just kidding:):):D. Just enjoy pulling your legs once in a while:cool::cool:. No hard feelings ya.

10. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    hey..dont forget Simon Santoso

11. BriceLeverdez

BriceLeverdez Regular Member

Study
    wow Sony Kuncoro is out, nice for me if I beat Palyama :p

12. Dede_Pran

Dede_Pran Regular Member

student
    yap, keep practicing buddy, u should take the advantage playing in your home ground...

13. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Hehe Yeah that could open you one more gate in the tournament...
    Do you have any idea of the time of your match on Tuesday ?
    I can't see you on monday's order of match..

14. JStandard1

JStandard1 Regular Member

You may want to remain on guard Brice, Sony might be pulling a Taufik and claiming "dengue fever" until the last moment where he makes a miraculous recovery.

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

More importantly: which of the frenchies will record from Eurosport? It's only on Eurosport France :rolleyes:[​IMG]

16. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

As far as I know, you cannot record/not permitted to record programmes from British Eurosport(I assumed the same for eurosport France). At least this is what they said on the website.

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

It will be televised on Eurosport in France (and France only as I have checked our, the german and UK schedules) so whomever has a dvd or harddrive recorder shouldn't have any trouble recording it. I don't know if the stream on the player will be uninterrupted (like the tv broadcast will by cycling :rolleyes:) but I know tennis matches have been regularly recorded from the Eurosport Player.

#137 demolidor, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  18. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    sony dwi kuncoro has withdrawn from this tournament...

19. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I bet you all the satay and a coconut or 2 if only there is a way to guarantee winner will get the goodies and loser will pay up:D I take LD in this WC10. So, who do you pick? And if we do meet one day, loser pay, okay a deal?;) Definitely no hard feeling, it is only a game after all.
    With history making within sight, and with his career ending with possibly 2-3 best years left, I can't see him not training hard and trying to get as many major title as possible to make it extremely difficult for anyone to pass him in future. LCW of course has chance to win better than any other player other than LD.

20. aresya

aresya Regular Member

why? how did you know?

TS did not update ... lee hyo jung/lee kyung won still in the draw ...