Premium stringer 7600

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Xuser, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Ok, so I'm close to purchasing this stringing machine. Just wondering if anyone had any trouble with this or feedback?

I'm new to stringing. Is it hard to learn? I've tried stringing from a friend's machine once and it seems complicated especially the cross and stringing through shared holes!

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

It looks almost identical to my Silent Partner Crump crank machine. Probably is the same, just with different paint.
    My machine has had no major problems at my very low stringing volume.

As for how hard iis it to learn to string? Well, that depends on you.
    You'll do great if you are the type of fellow who likes to fix engines; Or enjoys tinkering with little gizmos - taking them apart and putting them back together; If you are nimble enough to sew, knit or play Rachmaninoff on the piano; If you have patience of a fly-fisherman and the exactitude of a snooker player.

On the other hand, if you are a slap-dash, attention-deficit, all-thumbs kinda guy .... then it may be a rocky road. ;)

Good luck!

3. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Shuttle Express

I don't know. It's quite pricey. I might go with the Pros Pro Shuttle Express instead.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  5. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
  6. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    I wouldn't say the 3600 if a step down from the 7600, the original 3600 is a drop weight and the 7600 is a crank, different tensioning mechanisms altogether.

The 3600 can be thought of as a step down from the 3600 with WISE.

If you think you will be stringing very regularly, the WISE may be better.

If you think you will string occasionally, the crank or the drop weight may be better.

I believe the 3600 and the 7600 can be upgraded with a WISE later on but do check with others on this.

In terms of speed, WISE (More Expensive) > Crank (7600) > Drop Weight (Least Expensive).