Price Checklist For Racquets In Singapore

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by simplelad, May 4, 2004.

1. Z1985

Z1985 Regular Member

slack
    mongoose.. so selfish.. haha. then why the others have to tell u?? Yep, my Friend bought the WPP5300 at Queennsway. Second storey the indian shop. I believe the prices he gives are very reasonable. ProAce Platinum Dream with strings*(i tink so) @ $119. and Titanium Dream @ $109.

2. ojk87

ojk87 Regular Member

My own prices.

I bought the PC1080 for $65 including BG85 strings , grips and bag.

Can anyone here tell me the key differences between platinum dream and titanium dream?

3. ojk87

ojk87 Regular Member

To sum up.

Yonex
    Ti10 - $140
    MP 100 - $169 ( Strings and grip )
    MP 99 - $220
    MP88 - $180
    MP77 - $115
    Armortec 700 - $230 ( Strings and grips )
    Armortech 800 OF - $180
    Carbonex 20 Long - $90
    Carbonex 20 Power - $99
    Carbonex 20 Special - $69 ( W/o strings )
    Carbonex 20 MS - $150

Apacs
    PC1080 - $65 (include strings, bag n grip )
    Armorpower 700 - $65 ( Just the racket )

Proace
    Platinum Dream - $119 (strings)
    Titanium Dream - $109 (Strings)

Gosen
    WPP5300 - $198 ( Strings and grip )

I simply compiled the lowest price of the rackets listed together. For easy viewing.

And, what moongoose said is pretty true.No point just telling the pricem why not share the location with us so we all can enjoy these great prices ?

4. Hooked

Hooked Regular Member

People don't tell beause of two main reasons, the first is they made that up, secondly, they don't want you to have them. Thats seems to be the norm here. So far, I have posted the name of the shop in Singapore I got my stuff from. When I have more info and it is genuine, I will posted them to piss others off.

I mean for god sake, it is not like you are buying up the whole shop, that is just so stupid, an even if you are, you come to the wrong place.:D :D

5. armortec800

armortec800 Regular Member

As a newbie, I searched the forum and I found them discussed before.

The poster originally asked for prices and not places, which should serves as a summary.

Queensway Shopping Centre and Bras Basah Complex are more famous places to shop for sports goods and the latter is famous for books (book city to the locals), but also sports goods due to its cheaper place to operate business. Bras Basah shops are located inside public housing (HDB), and hence the rentals are lower.

The shops and racket prices were already discussed here:

http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4976&highlight=MP+100+prices+Singapore

The poster happily bought MP100 at $170 each which proved we did not made it up. And for me I bought a fully stringed and gripped new MP100 for $169 on the ground floor (10+10), however, Ranking Sports on the third floor can easily matched it and the lady is more honest IMHO. I should have gone there if not because it is closed on Sundays.

Armortec 700 for $230 from Queensway's Gala Sports.
    Use the prices as a guide as it might fluctuate, due to shop's marketing, supply and demand or clearance strategies.

If you are in Singapore, anyone here may extend you a hand to guide you to those shops.

#25 armortec800, May 8, 2004
    Last edited: May 8, 2004
  6. Hooked

Hooked Regular Member

I found the shop in Singapore by accident, other shops were suggested by people on the street. I like to start my legwork with the phone, before I reach cities I am visiting. Names of building are meaningless:eek:

No offence, but I have no idea where Windsor in Japan is either. Japanses has many cities and perfectures and not knowing how to speak Japanese is another problem.:D :D :D

7. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

I have heard several people say (in many previous posts) that you can get MP100 for less than S$150, MP77 for S$115, Ti10 for S$140, Cab20 for S$80, Cab20Power for S$99 etc etc etc.

I have gone to probably all the badminton shops in Singapore and I have yet to find those rackets sold at the prices stated.

Are those prices retail prices? Or are they "special" prices meant for partial "sponsored" players etc?
    Cos it doesn't help at all saying, for example, that the price of an MP100 is S$150 if I cannot walk into that same shop and get it at that price.

What the posters here want to know are the retail prices.

Btw if you read my previous post, you should be able to understand that I made up the price of the AT800OF just to prove my point. :D

8. Hooked

Hooked Regular Member

As far as I can tell, I was the only one posting here early last month of my purchasing the Cab20 Power at S$99. Unless proven wrong, that was the only quotation here.

I can also tell you that I am not after 200 pieces of each of these rackets, so giving dealer prices are just as stupid as well.

But I can tell you I paid S$4.60 for 30 packets of BG85 strings, SP version, if that means anything. That I cannot remember where I bought because I was too busy bargaining and I don't remember the shop as I was rushing for time. I must add I am a good shopper, I quote the Cab 20 Power higher than the price I paid, otherwise people might think its is faked. :D :D :D

9. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

Wow! You struck a really great bargain! :D
    Most shops sell the Cab20Power for more than S$150.
    Hmmm... looks like its time to do more shopping and racket hunting again... hehe! :p

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Really? S$4.60 for 30 packets of BG85 SP version? That works out to about S$0.15 per packet. It doesn' look right.

11. Hooked

Hooked Regular Member

Of course it is not right, it is actually 30 packets at S$4.60 each. :D

12. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I already have a pair (just bought another couple months ago :p)

It is very impressive that SP still have so many good rackets in stock!

13. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    You have to consider that, what if I tell you the price and the location of the shop, what if you can NOT get that price?? what would you feel about it?
    (That's one of the reasons that I never reveal any prices or shops)

Sometimes shops are just running the promotion prices. You can not guarantee the price that the one will get 100%. So why not just keep it down, and if you really want to know the details, you can always PM the person in privately talks.

14. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    From what I have heard, Singapore is a very organized city. Perhaps yellowpages would have all the informations about the shop??

By the way, the price of the MP100 is lower than 88?? wow....

15. Hooked

Hooked Regular Member

Shop details to me are more important than the price. Prices depend on bargaining power.:D Thanks for the offer, but I have enough rackets to last a life time, assuming they are not biodegradable.:D

16. armortec800

Can you check your receipt and let us know which shop ?

I bought the CAB 20 SP for my friend $90 (Ranking Sports with stock Yonex prestrung string) 1.5 months ago in Ranking Sports. And no more stock as far as I know.

Seems like you have good luck to depend on the man in the street than this forum. :D

#36 armortec800, May 8, 2004
    Last edited: May 8, 2004
  17. armortec800

What do you mean by shop details? Do you mean shop directory?
    By the way, it is not easy to bargain, some shops will not sell lower. Example the Gala sports sells MP100 for $190 no matter how I bargain. In the end I have to buy 2 sets from 10+10, promised me a load **** but never fulfilled. Therefore I preferred Ranking Sports Basah Complex.

18. armortec800

19. Hooked

Hooked Regular Member

I turned on my charm at those aunties, and their heart melts. :D

20. Hooked

Hooked Regular Member

Too little too late. It is now irrelevant !!! :D