question about badminton in UK and counties

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ralphz, May 22, 2022.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    this is correct.

This is an incorrect extrapolation. The player may play at a level equal to be selected the county team but for various reasons decline or not be selected. The same happens in football teams where players might not get into the team.

answered by @UkPlayer earlier

ralphz likes this.
  2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    @ralphz

Middlesex are looking for players to represent the county. This would be a good way for you to get noticed. Other counties may have other selection criteria.

Screenshot_20220920-200601_Facebook.jpg

3. ralphz

ralphz Regular Member

Thanks.. While I was asked to represent a good club in that very good county, I'm not good enough to be beyond that, a county level player(in a good county like that), and I have an old long term injury so am not in any form to be competing at the moment until/unless that recovers.

I was asking the questions I did as I am curious as to the process of how people end up as county players. I wasn't looking for any imminent practical reason for myself.

#23 ralphz, Sep 20, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
    Cheung likes this.
  4. ralphz

ralphz Regular Member

Is it the case that anybody in a Bronze level county tournament would not be considered to be a county level player?
    And if so, then is that 'cos the county level player is a player that plays at a level good enough to play in or be considered to play for a county team, which is only picked from the people at the late stage of the Gold level county tournament?

ADDED

I have since gotten some answer in relation to that.. . The Bronze Silver Gold etc, are not county tournaments, they are national level tournaments. There's also the restricted county tournament. (and from what I understand there is a National level competition where the counties play each other, that's county teams one against another, that's county level badminton).

#24 ralphz, Sep 20, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2022