Racket Recommendations Needed

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by TPmint, Mar 20, 2021.

1. TPmint

TPmint Regular Member

Hi all,

I'm 36, a recreational, low end beginner and intending to get back to the sport to keep fit after missing in action for about 10 years. I can hit a backhand clear from Baseline to Baseline, but i have no coach to tell me if it is with proper pronation or not

I usually play in doubles in the past.

And I'm looking for a 3U(85-89grams) or 4U(80-84 grams), Even Balance with Flex-Medium Shaft. Budget about below SGD 170 is fine. Brand doesn't matter to me as long it feel comfortable.

Appreciate any racket recommendations and if you guys know of any places where I can get the rackets from in SG, please let me know too.

Thanks once again.

2. justforfun

justforfun Regular Member

I would recommend you to choose between the 4U Astrox 88s (non-pro) or NanoFlare 700. Both are great double rackets, the 4U AX88S is IMO the most well-rounded racket Yonex has created in years and is suitable for all levels of players, while the NF700 swings much faster and is great for interception/counter-attack based games.

There are many shops at Queensway shopping center selling badminton equipments, I am sure you can find some deals there.

3. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    You just recommended the 88s to a beginner who just came back to the sport in about 10 years..
    Do you still have a racket that you used previously? You should use it for now if it doesn't look like it was involved in a car crash. If it does look like it was in a car crash, maybe go to your local badminton store and find out if they let you test rackets (hopefully they do during this year!) finding the one that is close to your preference. Hope this helps!

#3 badmintonpog1, Mar 23, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    Woesi likes this.