Racket / Shoes recommendation help please

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by MarketWizard, Dec 3, 2019.

1. MarketWizard

MarketWizard Regular Member

Hi there. I'm looking for recommendations on a racket and shoes. I've been using the Yonex Nanoray 10F but I think it's too light and I've been getting injured when I use all of my strength to smash. I think I need a different racket. Here are some details about me and my preferences. If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.
    • Intermediate skill level
    • Aggressive smasher
    • Head medium to heavy
    • 88 grams-ish
    • Under $70
    As for the shoes, I have very narrow and long feet. I wear a size 11.5 US and I'm 6'2 and skinny so if anyone knows of good shoes that would fit me, that'd also be appreciated. I'm much more flexible on the price for the shoes.

Thanks.

2. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Voltric 7 neo, voltric 10dg

65Z, Comfort Z

3. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Get a coach and review your technique. A heavier racket might help, but it might not. I assume "all my strength" is referring to armstrength? If that's the case, no racket will do the trick.

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Lining:
    3D Calibar 009
    Turbo Charging 008

Victor:
    Thruster K HMR

Yonex:
    Astrox 7
    Astrox 68D/S
    Voltric 10

Or look for any other brand that is 4U head heavy or 3U slight head heavy & you will do fine.

5. MarketWizard

MarketWizard Regular Member

I probably could use some coaching as I'm sure my form isn't the best, but I've searched for a coach in my area and haven't found one. Badminton isn't all that popular in the US unfortunately.

Having said that, I took a hiatus from badminton for about 6 years and restarted. I've never had any problems in the past with my arm and neck but I most definitely do now, so I think it's the racket... Plus I feel like I'm just throwing my arm every time since I feel very little resistance.