Raj Ouseph low racket carriage

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by bbirdman, Aug 23, 2017.

1. bbirdman

bbirdman Regular Member

I'm big fan of The Iceman Raj, think he's got great technique and is very smooth. In basketball legend there was player tall slim player called George Gervin who was calm composed and used to move smoothly around the court and then finished with a flicked finger roll at the basket. He was nicknamed the Iceman and Rajs badminton style reminds of him, he's like The Iceman of badminton.

Despite his talent though I think he carries his racket too low. In my experience as a singles player when I'm playing a player that takes shots so low it gives me much more time to react, there's less movement pressure, hold and hits are less deadly

I know the commentator, Gillian Clarke, has mentioned this on numerous occasions over the years. Surely Raj and his coaches must be aware this is problem. I can only think that his style of play is so ingrained that's its hard to change or maybe it they don't think it's a problem?

Personally I think he would have a higher ranking if he carried his racket higher

2. Abu Tanki

Abu Tanki Regular Member

Student
    You sometimes see this from Kento Momota as well. He can have lazy racket carriage in rallies.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk