Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Rattling noise on a new Voltric 80

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by BigBear, Oct 22, 2015.

1. BigBear

BigBear New Member

I have just received my new Voltric 80 that I ordered online and there is this strange rattling noise when I flick it up and down. The rattling noise goes away when I hold the bottom of the shaft instead of the handle and I was wondering if there is something loose inside the shaft. Is this rattling noise normal for VT80s?

2. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Probably not but in my experience its either loose graphite in the head, which is bad news,
    Or
    Loose chip of wood in the handle. Tap the grip and buttcap off and shake out the loose bits.

I've just re-read, you hold the shaft not handle and it goes? If its more of a click than a rattle then loose cone sounds likely.

3. BigBear

BigBear New Member

According to my friends, the problem was the loose cone like you said. I returned the racquet and got a replacement and it's really strange because when I received it yesterday, I tested it on the spot and there was no noise. Today, I tried shaking it again and the same noise from the first VT80 was back! I'm starting to think that this is a common problem for VT80s (maybe for other Voltrics) because there are a couple of posts on this forum mentioning this issue.

Any VT80 owners care to comment on this? How do I go about fixing this on my own?

4. T.O.P

T.O.P Regular Member

This happen before on my MX90. This is how i fix it.
    Take out all the single grommet. (Share hole don't have to take out. As hard to install back)
    Swing it harder. keep swinging till you won't hear any rattling sounds.
    End up there's a small tiny graphite came out from my MX90.

and now it's fix with no prob at all and that rattling sound nvr come back to me. :)

5. neesatrana

neesatrana Regular Member

Service
    I use the VT80 and no such sound experienced.... My racket is SP coded. Please return your racket if you are still within the return policy.

6. orangenetic

orangenetic Regular Member

I had the same cracking noise when I first bought my VT80. (KR coded)

I think it was coming from the cone of the handle. It's probably because the glue that hold the handle, cone and shaft together is a bit lose or some other problem with the glue. I kept playing with the racket and i've used it for a little less than a year and I can't hear it anymore. (Maybe because I wrap my grip above the cone and shaft) I don't think it'll cause a big problem but if you can it's better if you return your racket (Just in case).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SpXdLVwqUY
    16:07 to see how they glue the racket.