Recommend me a Victor racket for doubles

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by leowls, May 8, 2019.

1. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Yes. If you read the written review, you'd know that Paul never liked that racket. Here is another review of it.
    On the lighter side of 3U.
    No. Paul said that, but it's not. It has only slightly less head weight than the Satelite Blast and that one is comparable to the ZFII in terms of head weight.
    Not sure where this comes from. It's the head heaviest racket in the line.
    You're wrong. You're comparing manufacturer's specs of different brands. It has more headweight than an Arc11, it's stiffer and the head is not only oval, but smaller, too. I tried both side by side.
    So is the ZFII. I know that the older two (2014 and 2016) versions are the same racket and I'm pretty sure the current (2018) version is the same. That's not so old anymore, is it?
    I'm not saying it's the Holy Grail of rackets, but I'm saying, "Give it a try."

Let me get back to
    I've tried the ZFII 3U, I've tried the Arc11, I've tried the racket I talked about. I could compare the Babolat side by side to both. I don't talk about rackets I've never tried without saying that I've never tried them. I cannot recommend anything I've never tried.
    Obviously you have never tried it, yet you question my words about it?
    A court and a coach will change your game more than any racket and yes, I'm sure about that.
    PSX_20190530_090641.jpg
    What's a 'high beginner' anyway? Someone who has been playing for some time, but doesn't get better? As a(ny kind of) beginner with such a collection of rackets, your money is better spend on a coach than another racket. Just my opinion.

2. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Maybe a high beginner is somebody taller than average. Or they live on top of a mountain.

3. boby

boby Regular Member

Easy dude,

Appreciated for your reply and opinion. I'm surprised if a high beginner player would make you concerned about the babolat x-feel blast.

if we talk about the same babolat xfeel blast 1st gen. Which was sold and discussed in a forum since 2009 in my country and maybe paul review the 1st gen also. i didn't noticed if there's a 2nd gen. or a different year production line has same specs or not?

Yes, i haven't tried yet a babolat x feel blast and maybe I would give a try if still available in here. Thanks, you'd a 'nice impression' to me.

Every people have different feeling with racket, especially for an advance/pro player will have a better opinion. More new technology badminton racket option from many brands will benefits customer at the end.

Btw, we ruin the thread starter question about Victor racket recommendation for double? :)

4. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

That's two different rackets you're talking about. Paul has the 2014 version, which is the same as the 2016 version. The 2018 version probably is the same, but I cannot say that for sure. The 2009 racket is a completely different racket unless Babolat released different rackets for different countries with the (almost) same name. The X-Feel Origin models are supposed to be based on the pre 2014 X-Feel rackets.

Most technology isn't that big of a deal since the introduction of graphite rackets.

True, that's why I didn't make the suggestion at first despite thinking about it. I cannot say much about Victor rackets though and I don't feel the urge to try any...

5. Tino

Tino Regular Member

To all those wondering about the TKF 4U, I'll say that for doubles backcourt play, it's a great racket.
    Been able to unleash some thunderbolts if you hit the sweetspot, net play is great, defense is good (Been able to defend some big smash)

The only con is the price (240 CAD) and the availability (Had to get it shipped from Taiwan since there's no victor official store in Montreal, Canada)

6. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

Hey Tino, you can always get all the Victor rackets within Canada. Unless they are limited edition. Like there are only 3-5 Avengers rackets in Canada. I bought my TKF through Yumo.

7. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Have a look at the Auraspeed 90K in 3u. That is head heavy to give power but the fast frame would be better for defence than the ZF2.
    Jetspeed 12 or 12M in 3u would be good too.