Recommendation for Carbonex

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by WPL1, May 24, 2020.

1. WPL1

WPL1 New Member

Hi,
    I'm fairly new to BC

I have grown a love for Oval heads recently and been wondering what Carbonex should I be purchasing.
    I've been playing badminton for a collective 10 years (I'm 18yrs old) and could consider myself as a fairly experienced player.
    I play doubles and my playstyle would be a balance of attack and defense.
    Looking for a Carbonex that's suited for doubles (external T-joint or internal is fine) and wanting to improve my lifts and net drops.

Currently using friends Yonex Graphlex 180 (U-G3) for reference

2. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Wow a U-G3?! Carbonex is fairly an old series Yonex made. I think Carbonex 20 would maybe fit your recommendation. Many of the top doubles players such as Park Joo Bong used it. Apparently the weight listed for the head is even balanced to head heavy.

3. WPL1

WPL1 New Member

@badmintonpog1 wow I'm surprised someone actually replied to my thread. Thanks for your rccomendation, apart from Park Joo Bong, do you happen to know what everyone else used? The other legends from the game.

badmintonpog1 likes this.
  4. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Wow that is the million dollar question, I honestly don't know any pro specifically besides Park Joo Bong using Carbonex 20. I also have another recommendation getting the Carbonex 25, good deal on Badminton Alley (https://www.badmintonalley.com/Yone...dminton_Racket_p/racket-yonex-carbonex-25.htm). Made In Japan racket for 130 dollars and has somewhat similar specs to the Carbonex 20.

5. green.blood

green.blood Regular Member

Feather basher
    I'd say try Cab 20 if you can find one. Cab 21 if you like to smash. The taiwan made Cab 8000 series are darn good too. Others like Cab 8 tour, Cab 15 are all excellent for oval racket.

Other brands I tried are Yang Yang tactic 8500... super nice... Pro Ace had some pretty nice ovals too...

WPL1 likes this.
  6. WPL1

WPL1 New Member

Thanks for the reply! much appreciated.