Reply from Li Mao

Discussion in 'Korea Open 2008' started by robin7, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    aikes......
    one great idea
    employ all umpires and line judges from BC
    GUARANTEED SATISFACTION
    or all monies will be fully refund.......
    kwun can get extra pocket money from this service.

2. Temasek Green

Temasek Green Regular Member

I'll volunteer if permanent term of salary accomodation/hotel/flight/overseas-allowances/meal/bonus.

Prefered Kwun to lead BWF.:D

#182 Temasek Green, Jan 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  3. jump_smash

jump_smash Regular Member

IT
    As I have said before just use International Line Judges as at recent Thomas Cup.

IBF use impartial international umpires, why not line judges as well?!

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=781384&postcount=57

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Correct,according to BWF website, CJ is 7,000 pts in front of Sony K. If China pulls whole team out of SS during OG qualifications, high probability of CJ dropping out of top 4 as the next China MS is at no 8. If CJ is not in top 4, China cant have 3 MS representatives in OG.

No 5 = Sony K
    No 6 = Taufik H
    No 7 = KJ
    No 8 = Chen Y
    No 9 = PG

5. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I think in "Olympic ranking points", CJ is not in top4. Another factor that's against him is that he did pretty well in last Swiss Open (aka won the title), so I guess it's hard for him to add more points.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    but even unbiased officials could still make mistakes. On really close line shots, only slow-motion replay can tell the difference

7. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    And also the travel expense for international line judges may be enough to buy a few cameras already. Consider 8/court x 4 courts. At least 32 line judges' travel expense. If the equipment is expensive, the SS organizer can just buy 2 sets of it and ships them to the major SS events. Slow motion replay is only workable solution right now.

8. ssjtygrysek

ssjtygrysek Regular Member

Civil Engineering Intern
    I think that LD should be suspended for 2 SS events. If TH did get suspended for 1 SS just for a "non-destructive" walking away from the game then LD should at least get 2 SS for not only arguing, but throwing a racket at a coach, as well wanting to attack someone with the racket. This is a much worse situation comapred to TH's. All TH did was walk away (which i think was a really calm thing to do, he was pissed but didn't let his anger explode on anyway, he just walked away). I'm sure he knows there were consequences for it but i'm sure he realized that if he caused a fiasco like the KO then it would have been much worse.

BWF shouldn't give a smaller or equal penalty to LD as to TH considering the difference in situation. In order to keep credibility BWF needs to be consistent and place a higher penalty on LD then TH. No matter how much that may hurt the chinese team, if a player does something wrong he needs to suffer the consequences. And if the Chinese team wants to pull out their whole team from those tournaments then be it, the BWF can't be blackmailed by a country to make their decisions. "If you suspend LD we are not sending any players to the two tournaments" What is that like 4th grade response?? Fine don't send your players, gives other countries a better chance.

I also think that the korean team should be penalized as well for the coaches outburst. As long as you are part of the team, let it be player coach or anyone else your actions reflect the teams image and therefore when you suffer the consequences, the team suffers as well. I don't think LD should be suspended from the OG, its a little too far from now. Although if this incident happended right before the OG then I would say suspend him from OG, BWF needs to make sure everyone understands the consequences of their actions.

Now if LD didn't throw his racket and theaten to attack people with his body language then I don't think he would have desrved a suspension but since he did then he deserves it.

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^This post above..^^

..could go in the "Penalty for LinDan" thread..kwun?mods?:confused:

10. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    true, humans will make mistakes but at least we know they are unbiased rather than the obviously biased ones :D

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    but to the victims, all bad calls seem biased to them:p

12. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    No. If the linejudge is neutral (eg. no connection at all to either player), then I would assume that the player is smart enough to know there is no intended error.

13. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Line Judges not only need to be neutral....... they also need to be attentive to their job (looking at the line).

Should a line judge be screwing up more than 5% irrespective of human error or ill intention, then there is valid reason already to say that 'the line judge is not doing his / her job' and should be prepared for wild accusation such as being called 'biased'.

It's only natural for it to happen.

14. markham player

markham player Regular Member

medical
    While fans & foes of Lin Dan are still arguing who is right & who is wrong, or should be disciplined or not. On the other hand, I think LD should apologize to his fans & supporters for throwing his racquet.
    According to the rule book, a red card should have been given for this action & one point would be penalized, LD would have been lost the game automatically. If the racquet hit someone then I think he would derserve a black card & be disqualified right away & would be disciplined by BWF accordingly.
    On the contrary, LD was yellowed carded on the spot for throwing his racquet & I think that was the end of it & no further action would be taken.
    On the other hand, it is too bad that LYB supports him all the way even though throwing a racquet is absolutely unacceptable in this game of badminton. What can I say?
    Have a nice day!

15. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    IMHO,I think both Lin Dan and Li Mao were in wrong.For Li Mao,for whatever his intention is whether is to provoke Lin Dan by using some bad words or he is just purely wanted to defend LHI,he is still in wrong by stood up to intefere the on going match.He is a coach and should not intefere the match,his job is only to help his player with all the tactic.For Lin Dan,i agree that he should protest because we clearly seen that all the unfair linecalls towards him but not with this way.I feel he is too rash by doing this.If Li Mao intention is to provoke him,then Lin Dan already fall to his trap.If this incident did not happen and Lin Dan lost his match eventually,all of us will pity him and will surely defend him.But now he lost both his sportmanship and the match,all of us are pointing finger to him because what he does was wrong as a professional player.

16. kankan

kankan Regular Member

IT
    the worse is that Lin Dan is still finding excuses for what he did.

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Haiz...another thread is locked..

..*sigh* what happened guys???:(...You guys gotta calm down to avoid locking another thread..*sigh* now, no one can post in the recently locked thread?!:confused: :(:p..
    Anyway, i'll post my replies of a few posts in that thread here instead..:p
    ...yes, concur with kwun..
    ..very good & and thanks for your effort in translating!:) It really sheds a bit more light to the whole incident, esp. coming from arguably the most "neutral" person during the match.
    :p..hehe, badMania, looks like you've gotten your feet wet now in this incident, heh??..:) ;)

#197 ctjcad, Jan 30, 2008
  18. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Yes, Lin Dan still has yet to do damage control, he under-estimated how tarnishing this incidence has done to his image. To complicate matters, the Chinese coaching staff continues to make up stories to defend him. Lin Dan is sinking too deep to pull himself out of this one, unfortunately.

19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

He has to learn how to contain his uncivilised behavior - LCW had the same done to him in China with unfair calls but did he show any unruly behavior apart from protesting ?

Throwing his racket at an opposing coach is a 'No No' - an act of aggression which does not endear him to anyone. If he does not apologise, fans would boo him everywhere he plays. But if he does maybe he can salvage some pride back - I don't believe he will not apologise, not unless he wants 'boos' to be directed at him.

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    How Reuters See It

The Straits Times
    January 30, 2008

Reuters
    Beijing

LIN SPARKS ROW BUT WILL NOT APOLOGIZE

World No 1 Lin Dan has refused to apologize for his part in an ugly scuffle with South Korea's singles coach, Li Mao, during the final of the Korea Open Super Series at the weekend.

Lin, beaten by Korean Lee Hyun Il in Seoul on Sunday, [I]appeared to throw his racket in fellow-Chinese Li's direction after protesting a line call that awarded a match point to Lee.[/I]

The incident sparked a shouting match between Lin and Li.

Play was halted for about two mintues as match officials struggled to restrain world champion Lin.

His coach, Zhong Bo, also intervened, pushing Li, who shoved him back. Officials had to step in to separate them.

Lin, China's best hope for the men's singles gold at this year's Beijing Olympics, went on to lose the final set 23-25 after being given a yellow card by Czech referee Mojmir Hnilica.

Lin refused to apologize for losing his temper, saying the Korean team had won "dishonourably" and that Li had taunted him after the referee awarded the match point.

"He verbally attacked me. He is also a Chinese. I could not accept him saying such things," the Beijing News auoted Lin as saying.

"The Korean team won very dishonourably, and I lost very unhappily.

"I will not apologise for theis matter."

Li Mao, who left China in 1999 to coach overseas after falling out with China's current national coach Li Yongbo, said Lin had been "rude and immoral".

He added that the Korean team would file a complaint with the Badminton World Federation, according tot the China Daily.

"I have never seen such an ill-cultivated player in my coaching career," the paper quoted Li as saying after the match.

#200 Loh, Jan 30, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.