Restringing of wooden frame around London

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fjl_london, Feb 17, 2016.

1. fjl_london

fjl_london New Member

I finally busted the string on my favourite racquet last night and discovered my local restraining shop won't touch it due to the wooden frame , and it being a weird threading pattern. (IT doesn't "even" have a tension stamped on it anywhere) I don't think it's that weird for a wooden frame but there you go. They didn't even have a monofilament nylon string to sell me. At least they had the sense not question me as to why I didn't want a modern plastic frame.

Has anyone had any good/bad experiences having a wooden frame restrung in the London area? In fact, does anyone know where I can get this done?

Thanks, Frank.

2. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
  3. fjl_london

fjl_london New Member

Thanks Emjay. Your logic is sound!

I've also tried to contact Mark Worton in Enfield, who's old family business used to be making wooden racquets in the past but all they do is stringing now (apparently). I'm hoping his grandfather might be able to do it ;-) No reply so far.

I'm contemplating hand-stringing it myself. I suspect it needs hand-stringing. How hard could it be :) In my favour it doesn't need very much in the way of tension on it. Against the idea is the fact I've never strung a racquet in my life. That's the racquet shop's job and I leave them to it.