Rexy is determined to arrest slide

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by X Ball, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ching293

Ching293 Regular Member

Rexy tak mahu latih Koo-TanOleh adminKamis, 20-September-2007, 09:00:58332 klik[​IMG][​IMG]JURULATIH beregu Rexy Mainaky tidak mahu lagi membimbing Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong sekiranya pasangan itu berterusan membiarkan masalah peribadi mengganggu aksi mereka hingga gagal menyajikan aksi cemerlang di persada antarabangsa. Oleh Lukman Salleh

Jurulatih beri kata dua kepada beregu Sukan Asia segera selesai masalah peribadi

JURULATIH beregu Rexy Mainaky tidak mahu lagi membimbing Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong sekiranya pasangan itu berterusan membiarkan masalah peribadi mengganggu aksi mereka hingga gagal menyajikan aksi cemerlang di persada antarabangsa.

Beliau menyifatkan Kien Keat-Boon Heong kini sudah hilang kepercayaan antara satu sama lain serta masing-masing mahu menunjukkan ego dalam gelanggang, sehingga tidak dapat kembali ke kedudukan yang pernah menjulang mereka kepada empat kejuaraan antarabangsa.

''Secara jujur saya katakan, jika masalah antara mereka ini berterusan adalah lebih baik saya berhenti melatih mereka,'' kata Rexy.

''Kenapa saya harus membuangkan masa dan tenaga jika mereka tidak mahu mendengar nasihat saya dan tidak cuba menyelesaikan sesama sendiri.''

''Persembahan mereka di Jepun begitu buruk dan saya dapat perhatikan sudah tidak ada kepercayaan antara mereka di dalam gelanggang berbanding ketika mereka beraksi awal tahun ini.''

''Masing-masing sudah ada ego dan besar kepala serta menganggap diri mereka lebih baik daripada pasangan mereka hingga tidak lagi boleh berfungsi dengan baik di atas gelanggang.''

''Ini adalah masalah peribadi yang harus mereka selesaikan sesama sendiri kerana sebagai jurulatih saya hanya boleh memberikan tunjuk ajar dan teknik untuk meningkatkan prestasi mereka dan selebihnya terpulang kepada mereka.''

''Saya sudah memberi masa kepada mereka menyelesaikan masalah peribadi. Jika ia masih berpanjangan, saya mungkin tidak ada pilihan selain mengambil tindakan drastik kerana saya tidak mahu memberi gambaran yang salah kepada peminat mengenai kedudukan pasangan ini,'' kata Rexy.

Prestasi Kien Keat-Boon Heong begitu merosot selepas mengalami kekalahan pada Kejohanan Badminton Asia di Johor Bahru, April lalu dan gagal beraksi cemerlang di Kejohanan Dunia di Kuala Lumpur bulan lalu, apabila tersingkir di suku akhir dan sewaktu Terbuka Jepun terkandas di pusingan ketiga.

Bagi Rexy, masalah yang dihadapi pasangan itu hampir sama seperti yang dialami bekas beregu utama negara, Cheah Soon Kit-Soo Beng Kiang, yang tidak serasi dalam gelanggang hingga akhirnya dipisahkan apabila keadaan menjadi semakin sukar.

''Ia masalah yang sama seperti dialami Soon Kit-Beng Kiang,'' kata Rexy. ''Kurang komunikasi, kalau bertegur pun bukannya untuk kebaikan sendiri sebaliknya hanya meletakkan tekanan ke atas diri masing-masing.''

''Saya tidak tahu sama ada mereka mempunyai perasaan ini disebabkan pengaruh luar ataupun tidak, tetapi mereka harus faham bahawa mereka bermain untuk Malaysia dan jika gagal beraksi dengan bagus, semuanya akan berbalik kepada negara ini.''

''Mereka sudah memenangi kejuaraan antarabangsa seperti Seluruh England dan menewaskan pasangan terbaik dunia tetapi mereka seolah-olah tidak belajar daripada semua ini dan membiarkan perasaan dan ego membaluti diri mereka.''

''Saya harap masalah antara mereka berdua ini tidak berpanjangan dan mereka harus menyelesaikannya sendiri,'' kata Rexy.

(bharian.com.my)

2. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

A guy who works for me told me his 17 yr old SAGA is still working like a dream - so there you are.:D

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yes... he is not happy with the pair. I kinda in a middle here. But then he is the coach..not me.

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Are you still in the middle ?:D

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Like what people say... don't interfere with Family affairs. :)

6. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    apparently our Ants like to be sandwich..........:D:D

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    No harm splitting some players again to keep the motivation (keep it fresh or let the players themselves choose their preferred partner). Am sure their opponents are very aware of their weakness be it game plan or mental plan. if they can win after 2 months of combination in AE, they can try doing it again. Of course provided that they can still qualify for the Olympics. ;)
    Worth trying?

8. amaze

amaze Regular Member

The same goes for Mr Yoyo Hafiz.... although he's losing and losing and losing:D

9. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Hey, Hafiz won the Philippines Open last year :D And with that title, he is a contender for that gold in Beijing, plus he is still young.

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Who will replace Rexy..

..if he were to go back to INA/PBSI??..well, Sigit Pamungkas can replace him (in BAM), can't he?? Look @ what he's done with Kido & Setiawan..:p;)
    :)..Loh posted something on Peninsula hotel in HK, here:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=665951&postcount=91 not sure if he actually ate there (@ Felix) or not??:confused:;)

11. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Badminton: Nadzmi the mediator

KUALA LUMPUR: Top men's doubles shuttlers Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong turned one year older last Tuesday. But they did not celebrate their birthday together because of a strained relationship that developed from their uninspiring performances in recent international tournaments.

Yesterday, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) president, Datuk Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, stepped in to prevent a possible split in partnership with a pep talk with the duo at the BAM's office in Bukit Kiara here.

“I reminded that they are doubles players. The doubles is not only about Koo or Tan. They are two in one. They cannot afford to be individualistic on court. One must accommodate space for the other,” said Nadzmi.

“I do not want them to make the mistake by blaming each other for the failures. They must act together.”

In the World Championships last month, Kien Keat-Boon Heong failed to live up to expectations and were beaten in the quarter-finals by unheralded Japanese Shuichi Sakamoto-Shintaro Ikeda. And in the Japan Open last week, they suffered a second-round defeat by Indonesians Alven Yulianto-Luluk Hadiyanto.

National doubles coach Rexy Mainaky, who was also present at the meeting, pointed out that Kien Keat lacked faith in his partnership with Boon Heong.

“I met (Lee) Chong Wei the last time. I have to find out what went wrong with our top pair, who started out so well (by winning the Asian Games gold medal in Doha last December followed by victories in the Open tournaments in Malaysia, England and Switzerland),” said Nadzmi.

“I am glad that both of them were open to me. They need to learn to manage themselves – that is the key to get back to the top again. They are of different characters but they must stay united and work together towards the same goals.

They have agreed that they did not want to waste anyone's time anymore. They are committed to bring honours to the country again. I reminded them of the Thomas Cup, which we hope to win next year and also the Beijing Olympics. I am happy to see that they were charged up after the meeting.”

Rexy wants Kien Keat-Boon Heong to start afresh.
    Koo needs to know Tan's strength. He tries to cover for Tan all the time. He must learn to understand his partner better. I see some positive changes in them today (during training). It is important they trust each other,” he said.

Boon Heong agreed that things were not rosy of late in his partnership with Kien Keat.
    Koo told the coach (Rexy) that I am not complementing him well. I do not blame him. He is so eager to win and I did not play up to his expectation in the last few tournaments,” he said.

No, we have never talked about this. We are two different individuals. We do not share the same topics of discussion. We enter the court and try to give our best in our own ways.

There is a problem but this is part and parcel of a partnership. But we will solve this and move forward again. I am determined to get this partnership back to top.”
    For a restart, Boon Heong said that they would go out tomorrow for a belated birthday celebration. Boon Heong and Kien Keat are now 20 and 22 respectively.

==================

Any ideas where are going to celeberate their bday? May be zouk? :eek::D

12. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Rexy wants Kien Keat-Boon Heong to start afresh.
    Koo needs to know Tan's strength. He tries to cover for Tan all the time. He must learn to understand his partner better. I see some positive changes in them today (during training). It is important they trust each other,” he said.

- On many occasions when they failed to deliver, we saw Koo is trying hard to work as superman for covering Tan in all corners of the court. Tan might be lacking of experince compare with Koo, but Koo should learn to have more trust on him instead of trying to cover for his mistakes endlessly. This will definetely harmful to a partnership. Don't be surprise if Koo comes to Tan one of these day & said : "Hei.. Its me who covering you on the court all the times, Without me, you are a dead meat ! "

Boon Heong agreed that things were not rosy of late in his partnership with Kien Keat.
    Koo told the coach (Rexy) that I am not complementing him well. I do not blame him. He is so eager to win and I did not play up to his expectation in the last few tournaments,” he said.

- Tan Should have more eagerness to win as with his partner.. Koo did enjoyed a couple of success in his previus partnership.. Koo should encourage Tan to win all the time..

No, we have never talked about this. We are two different individuals. We do not share the same topics of discussion. We enter the court and try to give our best in our own ways.

- A great partnership should not ONLY communicate on the court, they should mixed up well in their social life too..

MOST IMPORTANTLY,
    RESPECT + TRUST +SELF MOTIVATION + DETERMINATION = KEY TO SUCCESS FOR THEM

13. ixory

ixory Regular Member

why there so many 'drama' happened in MAS team nowaday??..first it's LCW and then TBH/KKK,who next??..*sigh*..hope they can heal their relationship as soon as possible as OG is 11 months away...:(

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Because the shuttlers are a pampered, over rated, half baked and glamour seeking lot. Like a spoilt child, they have to be molly cuddle all the time. They will go to Beijing next year as tourists la. Get knocked out early and then take in the sights of Beijing and do some shopping.

15. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Life is never meant to be easy -- that is the challenge.:D

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

17. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

He is the meat ! ;)

Nazmi said the pair were in high spirit when they left. So expect their relationship to heal over time. We will know when they play again - I expect a title !:D

18. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design

Hope they can prove it in Macau...I will be the witness there....:D:D

19. ants

ants Regular Member

When you are young.. things happened. They just cant cope with the things that are going their way right now. IT will be over soon. And nope.. they are not going to split.

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well, hopefully..

..KKK & TBH can "walk the talk and not just talk the walk"...eeerrr:confused:...wait, is it "walk the walk and not just talk the talk":confused::p....arrhh, whatever it is lah, let's hope they can work as a team, again..:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.