RKEP Grip

Discussion in 'Grip' started by perfectgravity, Feb 24, 2010.

1. stogguul

stogguul Regular Member

Anyone in Markham, Canada interested in the regular G09 ELITE grips?

Eric accidently sent me the wrong grips (I ordered the G09L instead). So I'm just trying to help him out.
    This is for a shipment of 24pcs G09 - various colors.
    Price including shipping is US$ 22.45 - you pay this to Eric and then he'll tell me to pass it to you.

Please PM me for more info.
    Thanks.

2. dingboy

dingboy Regular Member

Administration Executive
    Hi all .... :)

Based on recommendations from fellow players here, and by the accolades given to Eric from Squash Mart for his impeccable service, i just placed an order for the KING 2.0mm grips.

RKEP grips  .jpg

Estimated delivery will be next week, hopefully all will be well ..... cant wait to try them out.

* Special kudos to Eric for his outstanding and prompt service ..... well done ! :p

3. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    I just tried the RKEP Ultimate grip from a free sample I got from singnflip4life along with some Karakal PU super grips I purchased. It felt almost exactly the same except I think it dealt with sweaty hands a little better, though I still had a miniscule amount of slipperiness. However I didn't feel it was enough to hinder my performance when I needed to grip the racket so it's not that significant.I know that I tend to stretch replacement grips when gripping because I like thin grips, so I don't know how much of an impact that had on the sweat-handling capabilities of the grip. Initial tackiness is great though, about the same as the Karakal which I like.

I'll have to try the Power Master G06 grip next to see how it compares to the Ultimate G05. I would still like a grip that handles my sweaty hands better because I consider myself on the far side of the spectrum when it comes to sweaty hands.

There haven't been many posts comparing the two, but would the Power Master replacement grip be better at handling sweaty hands despite the reduced tackiness from what I've ready?

4. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I will try the power master if I like the ultimate
    I will try the ultimate that I got from Mark
    and if it feels good, maybe I will order power master along with ultimate
    I really like the orange power master

5. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Following the reviews I have just placed an order for 20 of the Power Master grips in various colours - can't wait to grip my PP Precision in the green - will look awesome!

6. wanchai97

wanchai97 Regular Member

Ordered some G09s and they took about 10 days to get to US. Thumbs up to Eric for excellent customer service.

7. stogguul

stogguul Regular Member

The issue has been resolved. Grips no longer available.

8. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    I just applied a G11 grip to my racquet and I agree with you that I would like to see the reverse side improved as well, but its because I'm cheap and I like to flip the grip to the other side once one side is used up XD lol

Yonex supergrap is good because both sides are the same tacky-ness so I can easily flip it over after one side is used up to extend the life of it

But I don't understand what you mean by that you are not used to overlays, lol can u explain that to me?

9. monticore

monticore Regular Member

i think he means he doesn;t use any overlap so if the underside isn;t sticky it moves.

cory

10. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

LOL~~~~~ don't worry, cheapness is a sense... wahahah.

yupe... mr. cory on #269th floor pretty much nailed it. I heart flush wrapping.

like this

flush.JPG

11. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

I think I'm being overly demanding, to have considered the reversed side a dealbreaker.

After all, the preference of grip is pretty subjective.

For the awesome prices of these RKEP grips, I think I must force myself to adapt to the G09.

Let's see how it goes!

12. monticore

monticore Regular Member

i switched between the power master and ultimate again tonight and i think i prefer the power master. seems softer and i seem to need less grip pressure to keep racquet from twisting in my hands.

cory

13. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    On a scale of 1-10 how sweaty do your arms/palms get? Do you think the Power Master grip deals with sweat better? I'm using the ultimate right now and it's ok at dealing with the sweat, but I just want to get a comparison.

Edit: I'm probably a 9 on the sweat scale. My arms get pretty drenched when I play and even with a sweatband my palms themselves sweat a lot even without the sweat from my arms running down.

14. monticore

monticore Regular Member

i am probably on the low end of the scale for hand sweat, 2-10 maybe, i don;t use any wrist bands. northern ontario is dry as heck. grips are very personnel so i wouldn't want to give ou the wrong info but i would say they would be equal with the ultimate but add the texture/more pronounced ridge would give a better grip. but some don't like that texture .

cory

15. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

@Tactim
    I sweat quite a bit too, but not as much as a 9/10
    I'm more moderate at 6 or 7/10

There is a difference in sweat absorption between ultimate and power master. I find that power master dealt with sweaty palms much better. Sweat from the forearms is a new problem to me (never had this issue), so I can't advise anything on that.
    Hope that helps.

16. khmaiboi92

khmaiboi92 Regular Member

Full Time Student
    so what grips does everyone prefer? i'm thinking of getting some myself but there is soo many different kind :)

17. visor

visor Regular Member

G09 elite thin overgrip and G06 power master replacement grip are their most popular.

18. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep. Though you should know whether you need overgrip (put over oem grip) or replacement grip (put over bare wood).

19. khmaiboi92

khmaiboi92 Regular Member

Full Time Student
    Okay thanks for the heads up. I was gonna buy both, but all I need are overgrip :p