RSL Series Racquets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by RSLCANADA, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Erwin

Erwin Regular Member

I totally agree with you on the marketing part. Although some of their technologies look good, their way of promoting is really bad.

Really do try one! They play really well and seem very strong. The only problem is, they are quite expensive (www.sportak.nl for prices)
    I've played with the 4900 of a friend of mine once, and I really liked it. Would like to try some more of their rackets, but that's just dangerous for my wallet...

2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

hey, That's a new one. didn't know he was there...but ineed, not cheap (for 'trying out')

on the other hand, it's just very hard to get a market share with yonex on the top as it is now. with such overstating claims they just try to get a piece of the pie...this is not the thread for it, but some other brands dont do such a good marketing job as well...(like Pro-ace, or even my beloved Sotx..)

3. Erwin

Erwin Regular Member

Sportak definitely isn't a new store :p. He sells Karakal for a few years now (at least three, probably more) and he is the official RSL importer for Holland. Really nice guy, and always willing to help you. I've heard he wants to sponsor Jordy Hilbink with RSL. Jordy already turned down babolat, but I hope he will accept this offer. It will help RSL get a bigger market share, and some promotion.

Their products are definitely good, but they are hard to sell because nobody knows about it, and they don't want to try something new ("wat de boer niet kent, dat vreet hij niet").

4. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Jordy Hillbink..Isn't he from 'the racketeers' or something? about 16 years old? Youth National selection etc. If so, I know him, nice guy.

5. Erwin

Erwin Regular Member

Yes that's him! He used to play for 'the racketeers' in Emmen, but was soon to good for them. No he plays at Elo in Hengelo. Last year he played 3rd division, bur probably 2nd next year. He became National youth champion this year as well. He currently ranks about 130 on the national ranking, so he's a A-player, not bad at 15/16 years old.

Used to win from him though, I even beat him in the final of a tournament four years ago. But then again, I was 14, he was like 11/12 :p So it wasn't a fair comparison.

6. jerby

jerby Regular Member

I met him at a trainingscamp in 2005, and later in the national youth championships <17. nice guy. wonder why he turned down babo...

still, were drifting off topic...Has RSl joined in on the 'nano-carbon' fad?

7. Erwin

Erwin Regular Member

Their new Millenium 6 series have some different names.

'RSL Laser 6900&6800 Racket' for the top models
    'RSL Nova xxxx Racket' for the midrange
    'RSL Extreme xxxx Racket' for the lower end of the scale.

I don't know what the hell it means, but at least there is no 'nano' in the name :p

8. jerby

jerby Regular Member

;) good to see rsl doing it's own thing...

how long are there rackets? not listed anywhere....

it's soo anoying you can't read anywhere what their technologies are..it just says 'x-titanium' and that's it..nothing mroe to elaborate,.,

9. RSLCANADA

RSLCANADA Regular Member

Pres of RSL in Canada
    I never know the model called 88

You can find all RSL racquets in the www.rsl-1928.com, that's the official website. Series 5 means racquets lauched in 2005, Series 6 means 2006...

I do heard of there are good old RSL models are not named in this way before 2000. that racquet may be in this case.

One word, if this racquet is after 2000, it must be in the list of racquets in the official website.

M 260, how much equal to USD?

10. jerby

jerby Regular Member

www.xe.com ~25euro's...

11. RSLCANADA

RSLCANADA Regular Member

Pres of RSL in Canada

Then it's not RSL 5800. which should be more expensive than that.

I totally agree with you guy about marketing of RSL racquets. When you hold the racquet, you can easily find it's better than last year models, but you never know where this improvement comes from!

Bad introduction for technology. poor market work. Anyway, RSL's main product is still the shuttlecocks.

If you guys can find RSL Laser 6800 and 6900, give them a try. They are very good. Hope they are not selling too high in Europe.

12. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

i think he was referring to this instead..

260.00 MYR
    Malaysia Ringgits = 71.2946 USD
    United States Dollars
    260.00 MYR
    Malaysia Ringgits = 55.8171 EUR
    Euro

13. RSLCANADA

RSLCANADA Regular Member

Pres of RSL in Canada

Look like there is an mistake in the previous post. I donot know then...My Suggestion is to compare it to the model in the official website. Good Luck!

14. jerby

jerby Regular Member

my bad. I thought he said RM, or renmimbi, Chinese Yuan..sorry.

15. RSLCANADA

RSLCANADA Regular Member

Pres of RSL in Canada
    Never mind. It's very nice to talk with you guys from Holland. Exciting!

16. smashmouth

smashmouth Regular Member

banker
    RSL Canada. I'm a marketing person and I'd like to comment on RSL's marketing strategy.

You might be interested to know that RSL rackets are selling very well in the Philippines because of its good quality and its reasonable price. The most popular model would be the Ti 3200, which most often than not is out of stock. It may even be considered the best selling racket in the country. It is not unusual for people to buy 2 or 3 3200's at a time. Note however that the newer models are becoming more and more expensive. Just to give you an idea, the 3200 is selling for a little below US$50. When the 4900 was introduced, it was selling for about US$75. Today, the laser 6900 is about US$132.

I think RSL rackets will have difficulty maintaining its market share in the Philippines because of the steep upward trend of its price. The disparity between the price of Yonex and RSL rackets in the Philippines is no longer as far apart as it once was. Just to give you an idea, the price difference beteween the RSL 6900 and the Yonex Ti10 is less than US$20.
    And that does not even factor-in the dirt cheap Armortech's and Nanospeed's from Thailand.

I think RSL should build its product image, the same way Carlton has been doing (product endorsements) if it wants to sell its rackets at a premium. RSL could also sponsor grassroots development programs (similar to the Sotx-Bayi team) to give it an image of a product with a lot of "substance" but with less "flair".

Just my two cents....

17. aheng

aheng Regular Member

Thanks VInce Kan for giving the correct exchange rate~ haha

actually i am looking a new racket to replace my yonex NS9k, which was broken on 3 jul 06, use it less than 2 mths, crash 1 time then gone:crying:
    (when i bought it i thought at least can use 2 years):crying:

after reading all ur review,maybe i should consider the millenium 6 series also!! so i should consider 6800 and 5800 coz i playing double :D

18. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

Dont mention it...:D

Anyway RSL seems like another interesting brand, but US$132 for a laser 6900 is rather steep for a non yonex.

Aheng, can you find out the prices in your country for 6800 and 6900 and share with us, sounds like a good racquet....might consider if it's price is good over in Singapore or JB.

19. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

vince_kan let me know if you wanna get it too so can join as well ......... I like the color pattern of 6900 one.

20. aheng

aheng Regular Member

ok i will check the price of 6800 & 6900 in JB, and let u all know!

there are someone selling the RSL millenium 5 TI heat 88 in Buy & sell forum!!
    got picture attached! but wonder why he sell after use only 5 days :confused: