RSL Series Racquets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by RSLCANADA, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Calvin Ong

Calvin Ong Regular Member

Student of UPM
    just bought a RSL Laser 9900 last week. Was using it for 8 hours before the string snap ( with BG66 at 28 lbs). The racket is very suitable for attacking player, it can produce a very powerful and sharp angle of smash. Better than my X2 blue in term of power ( but X2 blue is better in defend, and it feel lighter).

2. squallyeo

squallyeo Regular Member

hi, guys. urgently need ur help. can anyone here help me compare the stiffness of heat 9500 vs victor brave sword 09? i afraid my judgement on stiffness is not accurate. duno which 1 to choose. thx in advanced

3. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

Hi
    anyone own an 7320 HEAT racket?
    i have to know what strings are the best for this racket (to get control and bigger sweet point)
    thank's

4. ezpersonal

ezpersonal Regular Member

hi guys any owner of both 9500 and x3 silver? could u compare both of the racquet?

5. Isamu

Isamu Regular Member

Employee
    Hi,

I use both, 9500 is lighter therefore faster in defence and slight head heavy so good in smashing. X3 Silver is heavier & stiffer so for me more power. I love both, I use silver at the start of games and use 9500 as I tire. Both are great racket but if you have to choose 1 go for the 9500 a lot cheaper and better if not equal in peformance, btw silver is a mean & better looking racket . . . . a satisfied RSL X3 Silver & 9500 user . . .

#1365 Isamu, Aug 5, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  6. ezpersonal

hi isamu thanks so much! fyi, im using ti-10 now planning switch to rsl due to the famous ti-10 frame problem... so which one u think have the most similiar feeling to ti-10?

7. Isamu

Isamu Regular Member

Employee
    I haven't played with Ti-10, am a carlton & RSL user so can't give a descriptive comparison. But what I can say, Silver & 9500 are more for offense type though 9500 is faster in defence than the silver which I think is more like the Ti-10. . . . let's wait for other users to reply.

8. tcfjks

tcfjks Regular Member

Application Consultant
    hi calvin,

how much is would be laser 9900...actually i wan to buy laser 6900, but was wondering is there any different between this two...please advice.

Thanks
    - Chee Feng

9. Calvin Ong

Student of UPM
    I bought it at RM250 (full set included a big bag, BG66 string and Karakal PU grip).I never use RSL 6900 before so I can’t compare it with 9900. Can I know what type of player u are? If u are an offensive player who play single alot, I would suggest u to buy the 9900, it may provide more power due to its head heaviness and the 3 point titanium technology. Very nice in smashing. If u play double a lot, RSL X2 blue would be a good choice either (light, react fast in defending, and also provide a powerful smash).

10. ezpersonal

heyhey calvin... wat about x3 silver compare to x2 blue?

11. Calvin Ong

Student of UPM
    I didn't try X3 silver before... so i can't comment it.... maybe someone else who are using x3 silver can drop your reviews here.

12. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    X2-Blue = 4U
    X3-Silver = 3U
    other than weight difference, both almost the same specs. even balance. can say Silver is slightly more stiff than Blue.

13. ezpersonal

haha 4u will be too light for me ..tested x3 gold, feel it is very light and abit flex... thanks everyone for the answer!! appreciate so much!

14. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    RSL Rackets

Hi ezpersonal,
    I have played with RSL X3 Gold, X3 Silver and also 9500. Of all these, I love 9500 and Gold more. Silver is slightly stiffer and need more strength to flex it in order to produce more power.:p Gold is easily to swing n head heavy, so smashing is lovely. As for 9500, smashing and swing is equally easy, very powerful racket.;) As for X2 Blue, I had tried once. Good racket but not powerful enough.:p Try them personally, n choose whichever u like then.:D
    Lee:)

15. Isamu

Isamu Regular Member

Employee
    Hi almost same thoughts, though I like silver more than gold due to stiffness. Anyway, same with you I also love my 9500 more so can I ask what string gauge and tension you're using maybe I can get more juice out of it? Currently using gauge 64Ti of RSL at 28lbs could you recommend a better combination that I can try? TIA.

16. blank

blank Regular Member

My girlfriend has a 9500 and she loves it.. I tried it a couple of times and the smashes are harder. I think the power comes from the shaft and head. But I think the racket is easy to work with and priced well.

17. ezpersonal

hey thanks isamu and notnimdab for the great help! the seller also recommend me 9500, said that it is a good racquet.. but just weird that diff ppl have diff opinion toward the stiffness between gold and silver.. i thought silver should be more flex than gold? anyway, i think i will go for 9500 since the racquet can swing so fast, just like ti-10..will compare the two racquet (9500 and ti-10) after i use them =)

#1377 ezpersonal, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  18. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    RSL Rackets

Hi Isamu,
    I use RSL 9500 with YY BG 66 strung at 26lbs. Good enough for me. Dare not use too high tension, afraid suffer tennis elbow.:p Heard from one of the forum member that with higher tension(around 30 to 32 lbs) n if u can wield it, then the smashing will be more powerful.:eek:
    Lee:D

19. Isamu

Isamu Regular Member

Employee
    Hi Notnimdab729,
    Thanks for the reply, same combination I'm using on my Carlton. I've been using that combination for years (it's great combi) just lately I tried the 28lbs on RSL and the results are better . . . . that's only for me . . . you are right after a long game I change to carlton which is lighter with lower tension to prevent injury and also for me play a bit longer (tired arms). thanks again

20. Areku????

Areku???? Regular Member

enough to survive
    wow..didn't expect the RSL HEAT 9500 would create such an impact!! Man..i love this racket so very much.But like the other users said,u gotta pay for the price!! Meaning you can never stop smashing when using it,that's why you will suffer from tennis elbow or golfer elbow..it just make you keep hitting harder and harder..9500 owner would feel me.and then i've found a solution:a tennis elbow or golfer elbow strap!! That's it! problem solved! no mo' pain on my arm!!:D ohya, one more reminder to 9500 owners,don't go anything beyond 33lbs on this racket,like my friend's friend did,the racket cracked!!