RSL Series Racquets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by RSLCANADA, Apr 15, 2006.

1. super daloydoy

super daloydoy Regular Member

nasa loob
    hmmm, RSL 9500 has a good feedback here.
    i'm planning to buy RSL racket..
    one more positive review of this heat 9500 can convince me to go buy for this one.

2. Baddicter

Baddicter Regular Member

Cleaner
    X2 Blue and X3 Silver comparison

I had a X2 blue on YY 68ti string on 23lbs. Good on control and defense. Biff up version of a 4U X2 SP racket.Unfortunately it got broken on my hands:crying:. Due to Australian climate conditions. This is Stiffer than X3 Silver. If you are a control freak player this one is for you.

I recently purchased X3 Silver. Its the best for my game. Use a RSL turbo Nano on 24 lbs. Medium flex. Excellent on smashes. Very repulsive, nice on drop shots, Clears. after playing 3 sessions the first layer of coating starts to peel off. So I bought another X3 silver for backup. Coming from an X2 Gold. This Racket is very forgiving.:D It comes with a nice bag. Its worth the money. Its not as shiney as the X3 Gold. Its lighter than the X3 Gold. I also bought a X3 Gold for the Mrs. So I can compare. X3 Silver assists on your power game. Very nice on defense. ALSO relentless on attack.

3. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Got myself a 9500 as I saw Notnimdab729 using it and it seems pretty good.

I must say that unlike the X2 or X3 series where the feel isn't to my liking, the 9500 heat feels good and the design and price is also good.

4. Areku????

Areku???? Regular Member

enough to survive
    Guys,has this ever happened to you?when you missed hit the shuttle then the frame cracked??? it happened to me..aahhh..i really don't understand what happened or what went wrong??..was it because of high tension?actually i did missed hit a few times before it cracked.as the matter of fact i did experienced this twice,the first time was my friend's hallow 1800 28lbs.and now this my 9500..was it because of the racket built?quality?luck?..any similar cases??

5. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I have seen beginners cracked racquets due to frequent mishits so it is not surprising that a racquet will crack with mishits and couple that with high tension, that's almost a certainty.

6. blank

blank Regular Member

i also think if the racket is exposed to extreme changes in heat that the racket would be prone to cracking.

7. blank

blank Regular Member

so far so good for the 9500... i think you're in manila right? if you need one, let me know. i know a guy who sells these here. just send me a message.

8. super daloydoy

nasa loob
    yup, i am..
    i need one but have the other choices for classic 3200 attack model..

i sent you PM
    thanks

9. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    RSL Heat 9500

Hello teoky,
    U bought a RSL Heat 9500?;) Well, I sold my RSL 9500 and bought a RSL X3 Silver n also got an X3 Gold too. After trying all the three, still love RSL 9500 leh. May buy one again:p Anyone want to sell?:D Cheap n good.
    As for Areku, Yr tension on RSL Heat 9500 is probably too high.:p So, when u mishit, there it goes.:eek: I remember YY MP 100 formerly have the same problem.
    Lee:)

10. Areku????

Areku???? Regular Member

enough to survive
    Thanks a bunch guys..i've sent the racket back to the shop and the shop owner assumed it was a clashed without even checking properly!!what the heck???he's sayin' im a liar??why would i do that?anyway after some argument he says maybe i will not get a new replacement racket as the agent wont buy it even if i sent the racket to let them do their investigation..they can check all they want but i want an explanation..im afraid it's just a waste of time..after all they can just say its caused by clashing and there's nothing i can do then..

11. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Ok Uncle Lee, just for you, make me a offer for the 9500 that I can't refused ! :p

You are right, the 9500 is a pretty good racquet !

Why didn't you get the 9900 Laser or the 9600 ?

#1391 teoky, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  12. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    RSL rackets

Hi teoky,
    Well. I have tried RSL 9900 before, borrow from a friend. Dont like the feel. As for RSL 9600, heard this is a defensive racket.......Still prefer 9500 lah. Now trying other racket first before coming back for 9500:p
    Lee:D

13. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Uncle Lee, try the Babolat Power, good racquet.

Also try Kumpoo 2300 Hexagon, pretty good also.

14. jeremy_hmx

jeremy_hmx Regular Member

student
    X1 is a gd racket, its a all-rounder. more for defence.

15. super daloydoy

nasa loob
    i have just bought a new HEAT 9500 yesterday.. string at 25lbs..
    and then tested it after an hour.. too excited..

so far it feels good, head is not that heavy but has some smashing power..
    i still have to used this for a week and more feedback as i go along with my baby heat 9500..

16. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    broke my 2 days old heat 9500

after reading reviews from this room, I ran out to get myself a new 9500, strung at 24 lbs YY BG66 first impression is awsome, more control and power compare to lazer 6900 and fire power 99 which i own for about a year, I can improve alot on defence which I never had with 6900/FP99, i mean faster reaction to defence, played 5 doubles games on first night of try out,won 4 , due to the power of new racquet, pretty happy and thinking to get 2nd one for spare, in term of performance wise, the 9500 is way better than 6900/and or firepower 99, but on the 3rd day during the game, I smashed the bird, and the racquet was broken at 4 o'clock position and twisted at 8 oclock position, later the top part broke in half and fold to the T section. damn I could not believe the quality of this racquet is so suck, just thinking to myself did I get a fake one? I brought it to the store where I bought for warrantee, they will send back to the distributor or manufacture for inspection, and get back to my in 2 days, there' s not a single scratch on this racquet, hope they must give me a replacement.
    I 'm doubt about this 9500 quality, please share your experience about this racquet, should I get the same one or go for FP X2 blue? or X3 silver? just can't afford to break this often eventhought, the feeling and performance of the H9500 is second to none for me! I have 6900/fp 99/heat7320 lastly broken 9500. the other 3 convince me to get the 9500 but after this clashed? I should choose something more durable!

17. RonRam

RonRam Regular Member

I agree with Areku??? about the capability of this racket and during a month of using it, found out that this is indeed good for doubles and offensive type of players. I always hit the bird in the frame during smash and luckily it never have a scratch(permanent) or a skin fell out of it not like with my previous x2 blue racket.
    My wife even like it. the only think I notice is that the vibration during smash.

18. Areku????

Areku???? Regular Member

enough to survive
    hi dsmbooster,looks like we are having same problem here.actually the broken 9500 was the second piece.i called the shop for the 3rd time but still no result..what is taking them so long???getting frustrated.imma go see the owner tomorrow and see what he says..was thinking about getting another new piece of this but also worried about it at the same time..like you said,doubt of the quality..still thinking of the next move..didn't want to get other series as this is the best i've ever used.are we thinking the same thing here?i can only wish you ( us ) good luck here if you are getting another one..

19. Areku????

Areku???? Regular Member

enough to survive
    wow.. lucky for you RonRam..i guess its just my luck..got the lousy ones..its like buying a cellphone,if you are lucky,the phone wont give you any problem,but if you are unlucky,then the problem just keep coming..ain't it??

20. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    Areku, your review is very accurate and helpful, but you had never said you broke one so easy? otherwise I wouldn't buy this racquet, at the broken points, you can see the wall of the frame is so thin, not like any other, so broken is sooner or later. if we compare with other racquet same weight, this 9500 is too weak. but maybe the new design cut thru air so it would help on the swing and smash, I would suggest the company improve the frame stronger, or we'll wait for a better racquet. i'll hear respond from my distributor and get back 2 u with the result. i have to get my replacement even have to go to their head office.
    we are in the same boat bro, but other 9500 oners didn't face our problem, maybe we'r unlucky. would you get the same replacement? or go for similar type racquet?
    any review on the 9600? would X3 silver be close substitute for 9500 with more durability?
    best of luck to 9500 owners!