safe to play with elongated racquet after restrung?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by dsmbooster, Apr 25, 2019.

1. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    my racquet strung with Toalson ion .65mm, 4 knots, 26 lbs with electronic Victor C7032N machine, first off the machine looks normal. After left in the bag 1 day to settle, the racquet elengated by 5mm, the frame looked thinner and I measured the length of the racquet is 680 mm instead of 675 (+-1) mm.
    the shape of the racquet is deformed a bit, crosses strung with 2 lbs higher,
    1/ why the racquet is elongated? (too tight? at the side supports)"?
    2/ is it safe to play with?
    thanks all

2. jeremy leung

jeremy leung Regular Member

nothing to worry about. It is most definitely ok. When I string my rackets I tend to raise the crosses by 2.5 lbs just because I appreciate the feel it gives with a elongated head. Though if it keeps going then I would be a bit worried, it means that the racket head is losing its stability and is bound to break. If this is true, cut the strings before it breaks in game. But, it should be normal, and if your racket does not shift any more keep playing with it, it causes the sweetspot to be thinner and less circular so it makes the feel more sharp but a bit harder on your arm so it takes a bit more accuracy to hit in the middle rather than the sides. good luck

dsmbooster likes this.
  3. Chow Mein

Chow Mein Regular Member

Might be side supports too tight.

If it's already elongated and more narrow, imagine what will happen if you break a main near the top and the crosses pull the sides a little bit more. You may end up with a crack near the A7 grommet.