Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 vs Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, what u guys think?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by ahkeok, Sep 6, 2012.

1. ahkeok

ahkeok New Member

gosh!! i really duno hw to differentiate these 2 gadget lah.. pening lah! they look so alike no matter from their look or even name.. ><
    gt ppl said tat the galaxy note 10.1 just launched in msia not long leh.. can share more info here???

2. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    Tab = regular touchscreen
    Note = touchscreen that can detect the stylus (S Pen)

With the Tab, you can use your finger or a generic type stylus but only get "on or off" touches.
    With the Note, you can use the above but also the S Pen which can detect differences in pressure and proximity (e.g. when the pen is near but not touching the surface).

The usefulness of the Note is apparent if you use it to scribble notes or drawings/diagrams. If the application is has the function, it can disable "detecting" touches by your hand and only detect the pen tip. This allows you to write or draw like on paper without worrying about accidental touch by your hand.

3. misskey

misskey Regular Member

yeaaaa, very pretty right, especially the white one hahaha. i damn love that!!
    i have a video here that will help u i think. u can take a look anyway. bit.ly/MnvNBI ^^

4. popolan

popolan New Member

hey ahkeok.. i know a lil bit bout these two gadgets la.. what i can share with you is that, the difference thing between them is the software.. note 10.1 using android 4.0v and s pen & s note lo.. means that they use the stylus technology to let us write easily on the screen one.. if not some times will very lag right? so lo.. hopefully im giving u the correct info la.. :)

5. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    got my Note 10.1" last week. more useful for working.
    if you want as games or surf net, any tabs will be good. for more readings, 7"-8.9" is good.

6. chuge

chuge New Member

Ehh I also got mine from Celcom one here for only RM 1388 ,cheaper than the retail price mah. i sign up the 24 mth contract lo… still got an extra rebate RM 120 if sign up before 15th Sept .. now i am still trying to use all the apps that they pre-installed…look easy on youtube but when I tried it myself..check out the package here.. bit.ly/tAyP50

7. popolan

popolan New Member

and the 6 months free subscription of the star epaper too!!!! haha, i think u just forget to mention bout it.. i like it so much, can read news on tablet.. easy breezy.. but dont know the older generation like it bo.. ahaha

8. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    i got the 1 year contract and pay less.
    1388 + (98X24) = 3740 per 2 years, end contract.
    1788 + (48X12) = 2364 per year, end contract. retail price at 2199 and i basically pay 165 per year for data.
    if still need the data plan, then continue. if no, i just handphone wifi hotspot it. cause i have data plan on my phone line too.

i am older generation and subscribed it for a year. 260 per year for hard and soft copy is just great promotion. starting next year subscription, hopefully the softcopy version will be much affordable.