see u in thomas cup 2008 in jakarta

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by taufik-ist, May 6, 2006.

1. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Malaysia will have absolutely no chance if they do not acquire more depth in their squad. As a team tournament, they need true world-class quality even in their 3rd singles or 2nd doubles or even the reserves. Having fantastic 1st singles and 1st doubles is useless if the rest are not very undependable especially the 3rd singles which can make the difference when playing against tough teams like China.

Malaysia should also select players not totally based on skill but also on mental aptitude. All skills are useless if the player cracks like KBH. A not-as-fantastic fighter is always a better option than a baby.

I had a good time cheering Malaysia (probably because I admire players in the LCW-mould) this time, hope to do that again next time.

2. seawell

seawell Regular Member

really in jakarta ?

3. jiayou

jiayou Regular Member

next 2 years MAL vs INA..... I hope.
    Because from both countries always show the best matches men's team event

you guys everywhere around the world ... next Thomas Cup 2008 is A MUST SEE MATCHES !!!

4. keatm

keatm Regular Member

undergraduate
    i think malaysia team is not only depending on 1st doubles and 1st singles. they are all equally important. as for KBH, he's a new player. first time in thomas cup. it's forgivable for him to be nervous during the competition. i think it will be a great experience for him. who knows, he might become the next rising star!
    both mental aptitude and skills are both important. and i think malaysian team has both charateristics. what i can about this time is, it's just unlucky that one of out player is injured and hv to let a new player to play on court. but, it's a good experience for him though! it's unfair for u to comment tat way on KBH... i believe every new player tends to be nervous playing first time in such a big event. and the point is, he has a heavy burden. he's the key point to gaining a place in final. which makes him stress. maybe he couldnt cope well with the stress and tension. but i think he will do better next time. KBH~ tambah minyak!!! add oil! ~
    malaysian team showed their determination in the TC this year. there are winnings and losses in competition. malaysia will be bak again! i think they tried their best and put in alot of effort even though they didnt reach their best performances. go malaysian tigers!!! get bak the TC on 2008 TC~
    and if possible.. the UC!!!

5. blue_apple

blue_apple Regular Member

yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i totally agree with u...
    a new player will definetly freak out in his 1st match in thomas cup, furthermore he had all the burden bcus of the tight match...so really have 2 give a plus point for him n not blaming him!!!

6. blue_apple

blue_apple Regular Member

yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i totally agree with u...
    a new player will definetly freak out in his 1st match in thomas cup, furthermore he had all the burden bcus of the tight match...so really have 2 give a plus point for him n not blaming him!!![/quote]

7. candra W

candra W Regular Member

[/quote]

remember simon also totally freezed in 2004 semi finals against denmark!

8. ccskaki

ccskaki Regular Member

I don't like it to be in Indonesia. The crowd is very embarrassing for the sport of badminton.

9. penny1234

penny1234 Regular Member

well it's just their way of expressing their passion to the sport and players :cool: it's difficult not to be crazy when your favourite players are playing in front of you, at least for me kekekekekeke :D

see you in Jakarta alright!!

10. ccskaki

ccskaki Regular Member

No, I don't think the way they behave especially in 1994 is tolerable.

Did you watch Thomas Cup 1994 in Indonesia, the large shouting crowd was just 10 feet away from the court. They were sitting RIGHT BEHIND the linesmen. How could any foreign players compete under such circumstances? I had never seen anything like that and I still haven't seen anything like that elsewhere.

I can't even imagine what would have happened to Malaysia's team in 1994 had they beaten Indonesia. There were no security nor barrier nor distance between the indonesia crowd and our players. All it would have taken was for one single audience to rush the court and the others would have followed. And then? No more Malaysia team, only dead bodies.

11. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    IBF like the atmosphere inside the istora senayan stadium (crowded spectactors) that why they choose jakarta as next tc/uc host, not in europe or singapore :D

12. ccskaki

ccskaki Regular Member

But I don't think that's the reason IBF chose jakarta as the next host.

13. rhinovinda

rhinovinda Regular Member

Scientist
    Agree. Anyway, I think istora is hell for all contingents.......hahahhaha....including The INDO. You know why?. It is due to huge crowd and hot temp inside (even aircon is on). Sometimes the indonesian supportes are also crazy, they cheers the opponent instead of their team such as huu haaa huuu haaa..... I like that.

14. taufik-ist

it administrator
    yes, it's hell for ina team, indonesian supporter will give ''huuuuuu" to any ina player who plays worse :D

15. rhinovinda

rhinovinda Regular Member

Scientist
    Dont make super bad prediction like I did during the Semis....hahahaha... Badminton has been the blood and cultural sport for the Indonesians. Like in the English soccer, EPL also allows spectateurs sit just few metres from the pitch (thats why eric cantona was able to do kungfu kick at that time). In Indonesia, my opinion says the crowd can behave such a sportive cheering and no incident so far, therefore IBF also made positive comment on that. The most important thing, the front seat supporters at Istora were coming from Indonesian celebrities. The girls are beautiful. I would love to come there in 2008. See you all.

16. taufik-ist

it administrator
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D,

u must bring digital camera

17. shaziana

shaziana New Member

2 years more till the next cup in indonesia:crying:
    cant wait for tha game.. btw, I love MAS supporters. they r tha best. very sporting people.

malaysia boleh!:D

18. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

That's the 2nd-time, first in 1986 during Thomas Cup versus China.
    China win 3-2, after Liem Swie King and his partner (2nd men-double) failed to secure the score (Yang Yang beat Icuk Sugiarto, INA won the 2nd Single, China won 3rd Single, INA won the 1st double, so the score was tied 2 - 2)
    During that time, in 3rd single, Liem Swie King made history by rejecting setting the games twice, so the games finish 15-14 and 15-14 for China opponent (forget the name) ---- please correct me if I'm wrong.
    But INA won the Thomas Cup in 2002 at Guangzhou, China.
    China won in INA (1986 and 2004) and INA won in China (2002).

19. sugar_free

sugar_free Regular Member

University Student (Dentistry)
    U think so? Denmark players love playing in Indo... I dunno why, but when I entered Istora Senayan, I thought there was an earthquake there... You can feel the game better then everywhere else I think... For me, Asian countries like China, Indonesia and Malaysia have the best badminton supporters... I don't think there are crazier supporters in Europe... Maybe this is one reason why IBF picked Jakarta to held this event...

20. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    aww..when is Malaysia's turn? :crying: