Selecting the size for the MIZUNO 7KM-16009 Wave Smash GT LO

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by CanuckBur, Jan 10, 2012.

1. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    I am buying a pair of Mizuno badminton shoes from the HK but I have trouble finding the right size.
    I have a pair of Mizuno badminton shoes (4 years) which is JP 26.5 from Japan. It is an old pair so it might be stretched a bit. It is a very good fit to me.
    My current pair is a middle cut and I am buying a low cut this time. I measured my feet and got the following information:

Actual foot length
    Resting == 26.5 CM.

Length on Right foot while (sitting) == 26.8 cm.
    Length on Right foot while (standing) == 27.2 cm.
    Length on Left foot while (sitting) == 26.9 cm
    Length on Left foot while (standing) == 27.2 cm.

Some people advised me to get the 26.5 because I was wearing the 26.5. But, the shop owner thinks that I should get whatever I measured from my feet.

Any expert here on the Mizuno badminton shoes here can give me some suggestions? Thanks.

2. dolbydj

dolbydj Regular Member

Supplies
    CanuckBur,

I have the Wave Smash GT Mid - 7KM 12009. It is the first shoe in this posted image
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/97864-Mizuno-Wave-Party!!?highlight=

I measured my feet to be 25.2cm while standing and purchased the 25.5cm and found it to be the perfect fit. I purchased through Sohubuy.com and they were $51 US with no duty. They are not the grippiest of shoes out of the box, but have a soft wave as opposed to some Mizunos with a hard plastic wave. Also, I think there are brand new Wave Fangs coming at www.mizuno.co.jp

3. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    Thanks for the info. I am going for the 27.0. I am probably right on the 27.0. I was measuring with all my weight on one leg. I am buying it from the e78 too, along with a Voltrix 80 and a few clothes. My first choice was the Fang XT but they didn't have my size. Then, I was deciding between the Mid 7KM 12009 and Lo 7KM 16009. Since my current pair is a Mid so I decided to try out the Lo one. I like the Mizuno shoes because they are great for my 3E feet.

4. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

you better get the 27.5 or else you'll end up with black/broken toe nails like me :crying:

5. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    All my shoes are 26.5/42 US. I have a pair of Mizuno running shoes which are 27. I probably got the black toe nail from my badminton activity. I think it is normal for an athlete to get a black nail because at some periods of the exercises that our toes got injured. (I hadn't gotten a broken toe nail yet).

6. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    [h=6]I changed my mind and got the new model low cut MIZUNO WAVE FANG VS 7KM-27009 (27). Very happy with the purchase.[/h]