Servicing of Badminton Stringer

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by MandyBob, Jan 7, 2022.

1. MandyBob

MandyBob New Member

Hi
    I have a TX700 Pros Pro but when its strings a Yonex racquet it distorts the shape of the head - is there anywhere / anyone that can service a stringer to re-calibrate?
    Thanks

2. Kaelhdris

Kaelhdris Regular Member

Calibration and frame distortion are not inherently linked. Maybe your supports are moving during stringing ?

Slight frame distortion after stringing is not unheard of, and not necessarily a problem. What kind of distortion are we talking about here ?

3. MandyBob

MandyBob New Member

I have previously had a racket snap due whilst stringing so am nervous to continue looking at this distortion as think it may happen again...

Not sure what to do next as not an expert on this...!

4. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    Honestly if the shape of the racket is distorted it is most likely a problem with the person who does the job and not the machine.
    If You can share a video of the mounting and stringing process then there are a lot of people here who might help fixing possible mistake.
    Or at least try to describe the problem more clear. Otherwise it's just blind guessing.

On a sidenote: this is probably a low end machine so it might have inferior supports that don't hold the racket properly

5. MikaelK

MikaelK Regular Member

IT Network engineer
    @endFX I agree that the Pro's Pro machines indeed are in the lower end budget and quality wise, but not THAT inferior...
    The TX700 has same base and side-support as my Pro's Pro Pilot, but I have managed to do +450 stringing jobs on that machine, for various people and clubs, without frame-distortion.
    The visibility of the lower quality/budget of the machine is more to the smoothness of operations of the machine, resulting in a prolonged time used on each stringing-job.
    The consistency and quality of the individual stringing-job is beyond question...
    Frame-distortion is less than 1 mm (empty frame to strung), and same racket/string/tension combination results in only few hertz differences between jobs...

So I do second the suggestion that the distortion experienced is more likely to be due to bad mounting or result of bad habits or faulty stringing techniques.

@MandyBob Please do make a video of how you mount the racket and also show us how you do a stringing-job.

Best regards
    Mikael

Sendt fra min SM-G991B med Tapatalk

#5 MikaelK, Jan 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2022