SG open - what times are the matches

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2005 / Malaysia Open 2005' started by storkbill, Jun 2, 2005.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Hahah if you want to know more about Spore? Loh is the man to talk to! He can give you all the info you want. I think he is much better than "tour guides" in Spore.

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    If you are new to Singapore, may I welcome you and certainly hope you'll enjoy all the excitement in the SIS.

Of course you can take pics, but don't use the flash which can distract the players and spectators alike. I always try to take as many pics as possible when I'm there. You must be bold enough to get to as near your idols, Fu & Cai to get their shirts and autographs. Best to get them after their matches by dashing down to the court level well beforehand and stop them at the barrier with your outstretched hands and call their names. You may even be able to get your friend to take a shot of you and your idols by requesting that they stand in front of the barrier with you at their side on the other side of the barrier.

Here's just to show you how the SIS looks like and the many pics I took of the players and the court action last year, plus of course not forgetting the pics of Fu & Cai, who unfortunately lost to the young Malaysian pair. This year many more stars, like Lin Dan, will be competing. You will be very buzy snapping away with your hopefully digital camera and watching the action non-stop! :D :D :D

ENJOY......

Attached Files:

3. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

As i don't have leave, i can only rush down from work to watch the evening matches. According to the website, the timing for the preliminary rounds is "9 am to 11 pm."

But what time do the evening matches start? 7.00 pm? 7.30 pm? 8.00 pm?

Similarly, what time is the friday evening quarter-final match?

4. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

hmmm...im a volunteer at the singapore open and will be there helping out for the first 4 days.

5. magical_phoenix

magical_phoenix Regular Member

Wow, Loh!!! Thanks a lot!! Those are great pics and I really get a good picture now on what is going on there!!! And thanks for the fu/cai pics!! Those are really good!! Did u take all the pics urself?? Cool!! Hehehe.. This SG Open is really something to look forward to!! Great job, Loh! And keep it up!

Btw, unregistered, what do you do as a volunteer there? Will you get to meet all the players? When will the players start coming to SG?

6. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

Its Monday already and the preliminary round is Wednesday, but I can't find a schedule anywhere.

Can someone tell me what time are the evening games and who is playing? Thanks very much.

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I sympathize with you.
    Somehow the SBA is not directly involved in the publicity process. The Straits Times even reported in today's paper that the qualifiers will be held at the SBH for today and tomorrow. But a check with the SBA and Aviva confirmed that all the matches will be held at the SIS.

Today's Qualifiers starts at 1 pm. and tomorrow at 9 am. These two days are free to the public.

8. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

#28 storkbill, Jun 26, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2005
  9. moonsilk

moonsilk Regular Member

Student

Actually the schedule is also found at the Sg open website.
    At the main page of the website,on the right theres a link to click on "Live Score".Click on live score to see the schedule.
    Anyway,this is the link:
    http://www.singaporebadminton.org.sg/horizon/110897649405ibsi05main.htm

All the matches start early and it ends early as well.
    For the 1/64 round,the MS event,it starts as early as 9am-12noon!:eek:
    How many people can be there at this time?!?
    Most people are working or schooling!!

I think many people will either miss many matches or they have to take leave to watch the matches.Most people will miss matches on weds and thurs i supposed,because of work and school.
    How to attract more spectators when the timing of the matches are like that?!
    :confused:

10. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    Lol. I skip work to go play badminton at club so if I were given the opportunity to go to spore open and if I had work or school, I would choose to go to spore open.

11. choonghannrulez

choonghannrulez Regular Member

Hey guys, just for ur info, LinDan will be playing his 2nd rd against Jang YoungSoo(Korea) ard 7plus on WED 29th June. mm.. guess schstudents would be catchin RONALD vs ChoongHann ard 7pm to 8pm too.

WED 29th: 7pm to 8pm will be the "prime period". :p

P.s. Hey UNREGISTERED, i will be going down to be a volunteer too. I'm a student. U? :D

12. Netasia

Netasia Regular Member

13. Jansenkzh

Jansenkzh Regular Member

what time will it begin on fri?

14. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

NOTE: Schedules have changed since earlier. If you downloaded or printed out, you will need to do it again.