Shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Nick, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Nick

Nick Guest

Hey guys can you guys recommend a badminton shoe? i've tried head and asics but to no avail. Head is a little to hard on the balls of my feet(lack of cushioning) and the asics wears down way to quickly near the soles it just starts coming apart from the shoe itself. I would appreciate any type of suggestion and please with the shoe you suggest suggest a place i can get them preferrably a toronto canada store

2. Tolaria

Tolaria Guest

I don't like head or asics, i think they feel like i'm wearing a rock.

I wear the nikey ones, there's only like one model out when i looked for them but they work good.

3. Nick

Nick Guest

which nike's?

4. Iwan

Iwan Guest

Try getting really thick socks, then find a pair of yonex shoes using those thick socks and make sure you're comfortable with it. That's what i call good cushioning :) Oh make sure the shoes have good traction too. Nothing more annoying than buying a pair of shoes that's really comfortable only to find out that you're sliding on badminton courts with it :mad:

5. Nick

Nick Guest

yonex shoes are very pricey and they don't last very long.. I'm 215 lb and i'm an aggresive player so i move around the court alot. I move even faster in doubles so durability and cushioning are my main issues but of course i also don't want something too heavy.. how are mizunos?

6. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    If Yonex SHB95 is not your cup of tea (in my opinion, SHB95 provides the best performance, but it is not durable), then buy a pair of Mizuno Wave (there are variety of models). It is better than Yonex on both durability and cushioning.

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    At 215 lbs, the stresses on shoes are very large.

I am more than 50 lbs lighter than you are and my shoes need have always needed replacing after 3 to 6 months of use (depending on the frequency).

You might need some replacement insoles if you choose the Mizuno LBR.

8. Randy

Randy Guest

Nick, the Mizuno Wave series badminton shoes have durable soles. You won't find soles coming off. The treads of the Mizuno Wave series wear very good. Minimal wear on the soles except for areas that one drags their feet. Mostly on the inside of the soles close to the front. If you don't drag your feet when you move side to side or lunging to the net then any shoe will last forever. I have not seen any Mizuno Wave series court shoes in T.O. At least anything similar to the ones I've seen in Hong Kong. I did go to the Mizuno website(North America) and did find some volleyball shoes that looked very good. You have to check the site for Canadian retailers. You might want to check out my review on "Mizuno Shoes" in the review section a long with Ricky's and Cheung's reviews of the Mizuno line of badminton shoes. Good luck. :)

9. Nick

Nick Guest

thanks guys i appreciate all your comments :)

10. hypersmazsh

hypersmazsh Guest

try hi-tecs! you'd find it in the net. if i recall, badmintonalley.com carries the brand. enjoy!Nick wrote:
    >
    > Hey guys can you guys recommend a badminton shoe? i've
    > tried head and asics but to no avail. Head is a little to
    > hard on the balls of my feet(lack of cushioning) and the
    > asics wears down way to quickly near the soles it just starts
    > coming apart from the shoe itself. I would appreciate any
    > type of suggestion and please with the shoe you suggest
    > suggest a place i can get them preferrably a toronto canada
    > store

11. Nick

Nick Guest

Thanks hyper but i don't really like ordering through the net besides i kind of need a pair right now :) so thanks for your suggestion but i think i'll check out the mizuno wave series of shoes. Thanks again

12. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    LBR does not equip with Wave. It is very light thus you will get very good speed, however its cushioning is poor. There should be a new model of LBR with slight modification than the previous model.

You can take a look of 2002 Mizuno Wave series badminton shoes at:

http://www.shuttle-house.com/Mail-Order/catalog/Mizuno/Mi02-28.htm
    http://www.shuttle-house.com/Mail-Order/catalog/Mizuno/Mi02-29.htm

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Thanks for that. In fact, my last shoes purchase was LBR becasue the Wave Return wasn't in stoock(For my size). Apparently, it is even wider which would be good for my wide feet. Next time....

14. trapped-never

trapped-never Regular Member

telecommunication engineer
    I started to use Mizuno's Wave Spike two weeks ago. Now they look like my previous shoes after 3 months of playing. I will be more than surprised if the Mizuno's can last longer than 4 months or so... My weight is about 200 pounds.

Recently I discussed badminton shoes issues with two other guys on tournament. Both complained on Mizuno's durability.

There are definitely better brands if one of main criteria is durability.

15. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    As far as I know, LBR is the only Mizuno badminton shoes available outside Japan before. Recently, there is one more model equipped with Wave became available. When I was talking about durability, I (1) mainly referred to my Wave Smash Ti, (2) in compare with Yonext SHB95 (since these two are shoes I weared frequently in last 6 to 12 months).

16. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    What makes you say that SHB95 is not durable? I have the SHB92, and they wore out rather quickly... I was kinda hoping that Yonex had improved since... What are the weak point of the SHB95?

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I don't like the silver colour!!.

I did try putting it on in the shop.........wow, it felt real comfortable.