Should I cut the strings of my racket if I'm not using them?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Zackyack, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Zackyack

Zackyack New Member

Hey BCers, could really use your help in this matter. I have a few rackets which I'm planning to store away for a while but both are strung 27lbs bg66um. Will the racket frame be under a lot of pressure if I leave the strings on? Or should I cut the strings?

Thanks and look forward to your advice :)

2. phili

phili Regular Member

As long as the strings are intact you can leave them as they are but depending on how long you plan on storing them the stringbed might feel dead as BG66UM doesn't hold tension very well. So if you will change your strings anyway you can cut them now.

3. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Just leave the string

4. Zackyack

Zackyack New Member

Thank you for your advice, I think i'll just leave the strings as it is then :)

5. xeoreg

xeoreg Regular Member

I would cut them, wouldn't want the string to mysteriously snap and then warp/crack the racket head. They're not gonna feel fresh when you take them out again, and they're gonna need a restring anyways. Better safe than sorry, and a restring is cheaper than a new racket.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    While sitting around and without any active deformation, there should be no permanent damage
    I was indifferent on this topic.

until i saw this. depending on the condition of the string, and how long you plan to store it, it is possible for the string to break. and we know a broken string should never be left on the racket for long.