Singapore open 2010 pictures

Discussion in 'India Open / Singapore Open 2010' started by Loh, Jun 15, 2010.

1. blindaim

blindaim Regular Member

i wan more Lu Lan and Li Xue Rui pic.

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Sorry NTM's (#3) match has been postponed till this morning, which he won comfortably against MAS veteran Wong CH
    21-5, 21-16.

Yesterday's events were delayed for about 3 hours due to continuous rain which resulted in flash floods over the low lying areas all over Singapore. Apparently the roof of the SIS also leaked and one of the courts was suspended from play. There were fallen trees and branches too to affect traffic flow adversely. This is most unusual for the Spore Open.

#22 Loh, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    S'pore Open rained out

The Straits Times
    Jun 16, 2010

By Lin Xinyi

BADMINTON might be an all-weather sport. But the Li-Ning Singapore Open was not spared by the downpour in Singapore on Wednesday.

Rainwater leaked through the roof of the Singapore Indoor Stadium, resulting in play on one of the four courts to be suspended for the majority of the Super Series event's second day.

A backlog of the fixtures ensued, with some matches experiencing delays of close to three hours. Tournament referee Isabelle Jobard had little choice but to postpone matches that were scheduled to take place from 8.20pm onwards.

Ten of the 80 scheduled matches, including those featuring 2006 men's singles champion Peter Gade and reigning women's singles world champion Lu Lan, will take place on Thursday morning instead.

'If we continue the tournament as scheduled, some of the matches will be played till as late as 3am,' said Jobard. 'The decision to reschedule those games is in the best interests of the players.'

However, that was of little consolation to some shuttlers. New Zealand's mixed doubles pairing of Henry Tam and Donna Haliday attributed part of their 13-21, 18-21 loss to Chinese Taipei's Liao Min Chun and Chen Hsiao Huan to the delay.

Rainwater leaked through the roof of the Singapore Indoor Stadium, resulting in play on one of the four courts to be suspended for the majority of the Super Series event's second day. -- PHOTO: THE NEW PAPER

Attached Files:

4. hungle

hungle Regular Member

Thank you so much for your information, loh

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Some pictures of the Preliminary Round 1

I went to the SIS only after work and therefore missed the morning and afternoon sessions.

Attached Files:

6. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
  7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Ronald Susilo(SIN) & Candra Wijaya (INA) beat Chris Adcock & Robert Blair (ENG)

Some pictures of this interesting match during the Preliminary Round 1 which Ronald and brother-in-law Candra won 21-17, 21-18 in 31 minutes. Candra was setting the pace with his well-controlled and lethal doubles shots. :D

Attached Files:

8. yan_brot

yan_brot Regular Member

civil servant
    thats what we called BATIK, our Indonesian heritages, and its pattern looks so unique and traditional.. im glad that some INA players wear Batik Jersey..im so proud of it

9. hungle

hungle Regular Member

Any one get NMT pics?

10. sayakeren

sayakeren Regular Member

Public Relations
    that's a batik pattern made by Hariyanto Arbi's Flypower. they're now sponsored by flypower, together with andre kurniawan tedjono from djarum and hendra setiawan (kido's partner).

11. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

yes indeed........liked it.....

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..Kido looks like a "bapak-bapak" (an older gentleman) wearing that batik-pattern shirt..

13. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Look who is watching??:eek:

Thanks Loh for the pictures!

[​IMG]

14. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I was there after work in the first round. Saw a bit of the XD match between Reiko/partner vs Danish pair. Reiko looks gorgeous, even more than before if you can believe it. I think she dyed her hair and I also think she got slimmer. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me, and too bad she's out now.

15. hungle

hungle Regular Member

That is Mr.Lee Chong Wei

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    A double delight

TODAY
    05:55 AM Jun 17, 2010

by Low Lin Fhoong

SINGAPORE - Team Singapore enjoyed a dream start to the US$200,000 ($280,200) Li Ning Singapore Open 2010 Super Series at the Singapore Indoor Stadium yesterday, delivering a number of upsets in the mixed and women's doubles events.

The mixed pair of Chayut Triyachart and Yao Lei started the day's proceedings for the 38-strong squad with a 19-21, 21-13, 21-13 victory over the eighth seeded English duo of Nathan Robertson and Jenny Wallwork in the round of 32.

Danny Bawa Chrisnanta and Liu Fan were next to bare their teeth against South Korea's Shin Baek Chol and Lee Hyo Jung, the seventh seeds. The Koreans stormed to a 21-19 win in the first game, but failed to cope with the draft in the second and third, which the Singaporeans took 21-15, 21-15.

"We had to play two matches in the qualifying rounds on Tuesday, so that allowed us time on court and to get used to the draft, and that probably helped," said Liu Fan, who only started training with Danny last month.

Added Danny: "We just played our own game, and this win will give us confidence for the next round."

Newly-crowned India Open Grand Prix Gold women's doubles champions Yao Lei and Shinta Mulia Sari, who are ranked 19th in the world, also began their campaign on a glorious note, upsetting France's eighth seeded pair of Laura Choinet and Weny Rasidi 21-17, 21-10.

The 2009 Laos SEA Games silver medallists credited their new-found confidence to their victory in India last week.

Said 20-year-old Yao Lei: "We had confidence, we prepared well and played a good game and were aggressive on the court."

The Singapore twosome, who also won the Polish and Banuinvest International Championships earlier in the year, are looking to better their performance at the Singapore Open last year, where they were eliminated in the round of 16.

Said Shinta: "We want to go as far as possible."

Singapore team manager Chew Keet Hou was delighted with the players' giant-killing feats, telling MediaCorp: "Our doubles pair, especially the mixed doubles, put in a very good performance when they came up against more established players like the Korean pair."

Competing in lower tier tournaments on the Badminton World Federation's calendar could just be the answer for Singapore's young team who are hoping to smash their way into reckoning.

"They are building on their winning streak from the smaller events, and we hope that these tournaments, including the Indonesia Open, will help in their build-up to the Commonwealth Games in October," said Chew.

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Singapore is represented in two events in the QF today.

In MD, Danny Bawa Chrisnanta and Chayut Triyachart surprisingly managed to defeat Cho Gun Woo and Kwon Yi Goo of Korea 21-14, 21-17. Both of them had earlier lost in the XD partnering Liu Fan and Yao Lei respectively.

And in WD Yao Lei and Shinta Mulia Sari knocked out their bigger counterparts Line Kruse and Mie Schjott-Kristensen of Denmark 21-19, 21-17.

(Sorry the pictures are all jumbled up and not in the order that I posted them. This new "image attachment" system is not the same as before.

Attached Files:

#37 Loh, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  18. spoileddelights

spoileddelights Regular Member

Student
    hi, can i post some pictures too? :eek:

19. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

sure you can.........

20. joeytan

joeytan Regular Member

Hi all. My first time contributing in this forum.

I was in Singapore on personal business and stayed on to catch the early rounds of the Singapore Open 2010. I only had a compact digital camera with me but I hope the subject matter makes up for the lack of picture quality. Here goes ...

View attachment 73945
    Aging pair Choong Tan Fook and Lee Wan Wah still enjoy playing together.

View attachment 73946
    After/despite their loss, CTF & LWW seemed upbeat and was chatty with a player (?) I don't recognise.

View attachment 73947
    There is a lady with an LV handbag who is acquainted with many officials/players. They would come up and greet her ...

View attachment 73954
    ... except for Rexy Mainaky, who feinted disinterest.

View attachment 73960
    Rexy is more interested in catching up with his Indonesian counterparts.

View attachment 73963
    There is a pretty lady (in white dress) who is close to the Indonesian team members.

View attachment 73966
    A Malaysian official (seated next to Rashid Sidek) was eyeing this lady ...

View attachment 73969
    ... but she had eyes for Boonsak Ponsana only.

View attachment 73972
    Alas, Boonsak was more interested in his PSP.

To be continued ...