Singapore Open 2019, April 9-14

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by Loh, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Looking at how the score went, Lin Dan started G1 with a 6-0 lead, and was 11-8 up at the mid-game interval, then when VA leveled it at 11-all, Lin Dan pulled ahead again to 13-11, after that it was suddenly downhill all the way for him as VA took the next 9 points on the trot to reach gamepoint 20-13 when Lin Dan retired the match,presumably citing leg injury as guantou stated.

Obviously,something is not quite right.

2. minions

minions Regular Member

Look, Liu Yuchen is having his dinner with his father, Hendra.:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p

3. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Is there a court 3 link?

4. cboptkh

cboptkh Regular Member

Was there at the stadium, disappointed that we did not see a good match between LD and VA. Court 4 is actually beside the grandstand and has no hawk eye. LD had a few line call against him and was unhappy. He did not display the same attacking mode that we saw last week in this match. When the announcement was made that the match in court 4, I already know most likely he will not play well.

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

No LCW no care.

We were all disappointed too when LD was put in court 4. The organizers have used his name (his shameful defeat in Thailand Masters) a lot to promote this Tournament. At the very least, what's so hard to give him a wee bit special treatment and put him on court 1? :rolleyes:

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  6. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

Court 1 or 4.., arent professional sportsmen supposed to play to the best of their abilities?

Edit: I was there since 10am, together with 1000s of other baddy fans, looking forward to the match of the day. The conclusion of it REALLY left a bitter taste in our collective mouths.

azerez and Griff88 like this.
  7. minions

minions Regular Member

Country representative in R2

15 - JPN
    13 - CHN
    12 - INA
    8 - THA, IND
    7 - MAS
    5 - DEN
    4 - KOR
    3 - SGP, TPE
    1 - AUS, HKG

8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It's the hawk eyes. For now tournaments only have court 1 installed with hawk eyes? It's unfair really.
    They at least should have all players play on courts without hawk eyes. Then everyone has the same disadvantage.
    Or if they could afford it, installed all courts with hawk eyes so everyone has the same advantage.

9. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

actually, just 12 JPN because their 4 pair in MD will "kill each other". ^-^

10. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Court 4/5 have other disadvantages beside hawk-eye.

11. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Couldn’t watch the match. However encouraged to see BSP putting up a tenacious fight against the current world’s best. Score line and the match duration suggests a close contest. Hope BSP continues to put up consistent good shows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baddie lover likes this.
  12. utufop

utufop Regular Member

Totally disappointed in Lin Dan. Everyone at the stadium live would've known he threw the game on purpose because of a few calls which in fact were right and the use of Hawkeye would'nt have affected the scoreline. Even Lin Dan's coach pointed out that the shot from Viktor was in. Is this what is to be expected out of a "Legend"? Utterly shocked by his actions..

MezzL likes this.
  13. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

Remember when Taufik used to have these episodes with Korea? LMAO. Bro. You can't just tell a player who tries his best, and sweats for every point, to live with wrong calls everytime. Maybe they're the right calls? Either way there is a line the sand. But like it or not, we aren't really surprised by now with this; LD got this coming.

14. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I can say that watching badminton matches from Morning to Night is very tiring, R1 nonetheless. and to be treated to a scandal, wow. First and Last time i did it luckily my fav players won from R1 till the end.

But as you gets older, i d rather just watch from QF-F .

You see , in tennis, people only watch their fav player on centre court and 5 hours are already marathon. Football matches last only 2 hours.

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Would you be less disappointed if he didn't complain about the line calls but complained of a chest pain instead then retired?

16. utufop

utufop Regular Member

Many may argue that it is unfair to play without Hawkeye. It's true that in the past without Hawkeye bad line calls have caused unfavourable scorelines or even possibly unintended victories(LCW vs Kenichi Tago All England 2010 match point is the most prominent to me). However most players have the sportsmanship to play on respect their opponents and give a good show to the fans. Lin Dan having played competitively at such a high level till date still doesn't show such maturity expected of the most junior players

17. utufop

utufop Regular Member

I must say to a certain degree yes. If a player is injured he certainly has every right to retire. Certainly if official reports come out and justify that he was indeed injured in any means I would be less disappointed in a player that I've been watching from young. However based on his track record of behaviour on court I fear my disappointment will remain.

18. Griff88

Griff88 Regular Member

Talking is easy. Now provide the fund.

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I think this is post Malaysia Open syndrome. Feeling so desperately frustrated and mad for not being able to watch those matches on Court 3 and Court 4 from Day 1 to QF.

LenaicM likes this.
  20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well, it is easy. If you read the options I offered there are only two : 1. No fund available, no hawk eyes for court 1 only; 2. Fund available, install hawkeyes on all courts.