Siril varma

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by Baddyforall, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

BORN ON :[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]25th Dec 1999

Parents : Vijayarama Raju, Susheela

COACH
    : P.Gopichand

This 15 year old boy got silver medal in BWF junior World Championships 2015.

Major Achievements:

1) U-15 Badminton Asian championships 2013 -Winner

2) U-15 Badminton Asia Youth championships 2013 - winner

3) BWF Junior world championships 2015 - Runner .

It is good to open a new thread to this young lad who is making great improvement in his career.
    [/FONT]

2. Baddyforall

After getting silver medal in BWF junior world championships , Siril varma said

"“He(Lu Chia Hung) was too fit and had lots of stamina. He is senior to me (by more than 2 years) and I can learn a lot from this loss. I must work on my fitness.

“I’m a little sad I lost out on gold, maybe next year,” said the runner-up, still smiling.

3. Baddyforall

Siril with his mother in a felicitation function(awarded 2 lakhs by andhra badminton association).

[video=youtube;l8Rw56xib78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8Rw56xib78[/video]

4. Baddyforall

Worshiping @ the famous Chilkur Balaji Temple.

[video=youtube;I9hfP91Ygzc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9hfP91Ygzc[/video]

Pujari gives his blessings for the next year to get Gold.

5. Baddyforall

Interview with Siril varma.

[video=youtube;MHoHLCbQugQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHoHLCbQugQ[/video]

I am preparing the translation of this interview. Will post here soon.

6. Baddyforall

After introducing siril varma, the conversation went like this.

Interviewer: Please tell me how was the event(tournament)

Siril : Actually, it was a big tournament, comes once in a year and it is even difficult to get selected for
    India, because you need to be in top 3 in India to get selected. We went there and we got 9th position in team event. In individual event, draw was very tough. I am unseeded and I have to cross 9th seed(Kantaphon Wangcharoen), 3rd Seed (Anders Antonsen) etc,continuously seeded players are there on the way. I thought that they are equal to us but little strong because of their genetics. But if you play little bit smarter, you can beat everybody. I tried till the finals. When i beat 9th seed, I got confidence to beat world no.1 (Firman –He was on his side of the draw). After that, I played better matches in the next round than the previous rounds. So I won quite comfortably Quarters and Semis. In the Finals, I won the first game 21-17 , in the second game, i should have played better .

interviewer interupts.

Interviewer: You have won 1st game and had you won the second game also, you would be World Champion by now.

Siril : . The opponent has very good experience, has won some tournaments before. And also he is senior to me by 3 years. He changed his style in the 2nd and 3rd game. I got disturbed. He is very fit. Maybe next year, when world championships is going to be held at Spain, I will try to win Gold. At the same time, there are some senior tournaments, I will be concentrating on those tournaments.

Interviewer: Out of all the tournaments you played, is this one considered to be best performance by you?

Siril: yes. This is the best one. This is the biggest tournament in U-19 events. So, I am happy to have won Silver medal. That means, world’s second place.

Interviewer: Mam, you tell me how do you feel about your son’s performance.

Siril’s Mother: I am very happy. For his achievement, this academy was very helpful. Gopichand, His mother and his wife Lakshmi , because pf their encouragement only, this became siril’s best performance. Even OGQ (Olympics Gold Quest) supported and encouraged us. It is siril’s luck that he got a coach like Gopichand.

Interviewer: Siril, Do you think that you feel luck to get a coach like Gopichand?

Siril : yes. If you see , he comes at 4.30 am and be with us till 8.30 pm and then again next morning waking up at 3.30 am,… He works even harder than us. So, this silver medal goes to Gopichand Sir and his family.

Interviewer : Your life ambition?

Siril: Becoming Olympics Champion. And also, GOpichand won All England title at 2001, may be after 20 years of his achievement, I want to win that title. I am giving 5 years time to myself. That is my target and also Olympics gold medal at 2020.

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    is siril varma, sameer varma & sourab varma all brothers ?

8. VegiSmash

VegiSmash Regular Member

There is lot of controversy regarding his age, with some claiming he is well over 17. Is there any way it is going to be resolved? Why and how would this be so in this age of clear cut documentation, such as birth certificate? Is age testing by medical means (as was done for Siril) any good or dubious?

9. Baddyforall

This is his correct age. Controversies arise when a player is doing well in the circuit because of jealous , personal vengeance etc.

Only by next month, he is going to celebrate his 16th birthday. Last month, he was not selected for Junior asian championships even though he was the top seed of U-17 category. Controversies raised by parents of his compatriots about his age. Even some private hospital in Delhi said that he is overage. Stupid hospital. Later , his parents objected that since they know hospital was wrong. After showing the documents etc, they asked for another test at AIIMS,Delhi. They accepted Siril's current age is the correct one.
    By that time when the results came, Asian championships was over. It clearly shows that this was raised in order to stop him from participating in that tournament. Nothing else.

But he came even stronger than before to attend, this time even a bigger tournament, Junior World championships and grabbed silver in that championships where all the top badminton power houses like China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Japan , Korea etc have participated. Where are those parents now? Silent !

They should encourage their children to play well instead of raising false doubts against a true player.

#9 Baddyforall, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  10. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    Future talent for India.. Hope he keeps his feet firmly grounded, practices hard and goes on to become a Olympic champion. When Lin Dan, LCW started they were also similar to Siril but it is their hardword and persistence that separated them from the others. Champions are neither born nor made overnight. Good work Siril.. Keep going.. Hope you win all SS titles.. Good luck

11. Baddyforall

Sameer and Sourabh are brothers but not siril.
    Siril is from Telangana , Andhrapradesh. While sameer and Sourabh from Dhar,Madhya pradesh.

Varma is a surname that is common in india and south east asia. Now, these surname is utilised by many communties.

12. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    So he was born on Kushashan Diwas?? :p only Indians will get this joke.

13. Airos

Airos Regular Member

He is a very big promise for Indian badminton.

Last year Aditya Joshi lost out the bronze medal match to Anthony Ginting at junior olympics at nanjing. Aditya is a big promise too.
    But Siril I think is a much bigger promise. He is not even 16 yet and already he got a silver.

I think currently at junior level the Indian boys are more promising than the Indian girls.
    For example, Saina was a junior world champ, and Sindhu was a junior asian champ.
    But comparatively Rituparna and Ruthvika have both managed only pre-quarters at world junior level. Shreyanshi so far has only managed round 3.

Of course, junior level success/failure does not always translate to senior level success/failure. Nonetheless Siril is very promising.

14. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Siril is surely better then Aditya not only the results but also the playing style is superior..
    Remember how consistently he won all his matches in a very short span of time at nationals at a mere age of 15 shows promising physicality.. Also in addition to WJC silver medalist we also have Chirag and Lakshya and maybe some others Talar, Rankireddy MS certainly more promising then WS
    + the MD duos are appealing.. Finally the lamp of hope is ignited..

15. Airos

Airos Regular Member

^yeah

here are the videos of semis and finals for those who haven't seen them yet.

This is all I could find.

SF
    [video=youtube;jUfow3RsSBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUfow3RsSBY[/video]

Finals
    [video=youtube;CYFf4V3DST0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYFf4V3DST0[/video]

16. Baddyforall

“Most of the anger and disappointment has left my body after my three game loss to Siril Verma from India. It's been a tough one to swallow and the last two days haven't been funny. I had higher expectations for my last World Juniors but unfortunately I couldn't find the needed level. Siril played a good match and I never really managed to adapt to his game! Disappointing but that's life sometimes! Luckily disappointments like these motivate me more than anything. I will go home and practise even harder”, Antonsen admitted on Facebook.

17. Baddyforall

BWF's Badminton Unlimted video on Siril Varma.

Nice to see this youngster in BWF documentary.

[video=youtube;7jiXDndFLCA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jiXDndFLCA[/video]

He shares his daily routines, excercises and his experience in World championships with BWF. Though he is nervous , he shares everything about his training including yoga. Proud father is shown at the end of the video who is also a coach in Pullela Gopichand academy.

18. Baddyforall

From Nowhere to Junior World no.1

Yes. He is officially world no.1 in Junior BWF rankings.

19. Airos

Airos Regular Member

thanks for the video.

20. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    he looks very strong for his age, no wonder people suspect he is overage.

similar to Zulfaldi Zulfkil @ 15