Smash Rackets for Doubles Recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by May Manalo, Jun 25, 2017.

1. May Manalo

May Manalo New Member

Looking for new racket.

I usually play more on doubles and my game is more on defense. But now engaging to attack play as well. Most of my rackets are doubles rackets : BS12, Arcsaber11 and NR900. Looking for more power racket but still got some defense features.

Hope you can help me! :) Any suggestions are welcome :)

Looking at these rackets : TK 9900, JS10 and Nanoray Z-speed.

Kindly suggest

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    If you can't attack with your rackets in your bag I think anything more head heavy will slow down your defence and won't make your attack stronger. I'm sorry to say, but mostly, if you don't come from an ultra lightweight racket anything heavier will break your neck. I think the reason for lacking power is simply lacking technique.

Why do you think that one of your mentioned rackets, will change it? And why do you think that you need to engage to attack with a new racket? Is your current attack weak and why is it weak?:)

Kind regards,

3. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

The rackets you mentioned (BS12, NR900 and Arc11) lack power for me, too. I can get power from them but not as much as I want to. Z-Speed is a good option, but it's a little hard to use (but a smashing beast if you get it right). Definitely good power and very fast in defense if you master it well. Other options would be N80 or N9-II.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Out of the 3 that OP has, Arc 11 is probably best for smash. Otherwise without compromising defence too much, a slightly head heavier one for smash would be Duora 10.

OP, are you making sure to grip as close to the butt of the racket handle as possible for your smash and clears? That would give you maximal leverage for the current racket you're using...and still maintain great defence when you grip higher.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

5. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    You Can try Yonex Voltric 70 E Tune and Li ning N7 or N7II .

Both Equally good .

6. May Manalo

May Manalo New Member

7. May Manalo

May Manalo New Member

Thanks for your comment. I am still practicing and improving my style of game. You must be so good to be arrogant. Even so, you should respect people's inquiry. If you don't have suggestions, then don't reply. I don't understand why some people love to boast. :)

8. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Sorry, if you think that I'm arrogant. I'm far away from beeing very good and having the absolute perfect technique. This was not my intention. I also respect your inquiry. You ask for any suggestions. If you don't like my suggestion, please ignore it. Just want to tell you that it is not necessary to buy a new racket. It sounds easier to enter a store and get with the right pick the most benefits, instead of doing douzens of hours drills and spending time in the gym. I feel better to suggest training and drills first, or lowering tension instead of potential wasting 250$ on a racket which promised something. If I need to be called arrogant and not respectful for that, I take it. I have done my suggestion to prevent you from wasting money on a shortcut, which don't exist. Especially if you also have a bunch of decent rackets...a new racket don't change your game. Sorry for beeing honest and direct. I apologize.

Vivek@1983 likes this.
  9. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    (Stiffness is relative, and how stiff the racket plays, rather than a fixed YM value)

BS12
    Balance: 5/10
    Stiffness: 4/10

Arc11
    Balance 6.5/10
    Stiffness 6/10

NR900
    Balance: 3/10
    Stiffness: 8/10

So, in my opinion, you want to increase balance to around a 7 while retaining a fairly low stiffness rating.

TK9900
    Balance: 9/10
    Stiffness: 6/10

JS10
    Balance: 4/10
    Stiffness: 7/10

Z Speed
    Balance: 7/10
    Stiffness: 6/10

IMO you're better off going for something that's around a 7 and 5. Z Speed has some other complexities but it's close. I would reckon something like the Duora 77, or N50-III would hit your mark.

Keep in mind that what ucantseeme says is correct. If you go for a 9/10 headweight, or a 2/10 stiffness, your defence *will* suffer. No racket will instantly make your smash great, but it can help a little.

May Manalo likes this.
  10. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

I understand why you want to improve your attacking ability, but it may also be a good idea to play a strategic defensive game if that suits your strengths. It's probably the most logical to play the style that you're most comfortable with.

Since it is doubles we are talking about, why not try and pair a more attacking style player? Those combinations often work out well.

May Manalo likes this.
  11. May Manalo

May Manalo New Member

This make sense and very helpful! Appreciate your help! I guess your points are relatively true to my playing skills. Really Appreciate it!

12. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

Sorry to go off topic. N7 and/or N7II. I'm actually very curious about this racket. Can you please make a review?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

Actually ucantseeme got a point, try change your style to a bit of attacking. This could actually make you change your racket choices.

Back to the topic, arc11 and bs12 would be a recommendation from me. I find these 2 rackets quite easy to change the pace from defensive to offensive, which suit your play style. For me, these 2 rackets' accuracy is on point which you can also learn (or upgrade ) your offense - smash, drop, drive, etc.

Z-speed is also a good choice but since the frame is slightly smaller, it takes quite some time to get used to.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk