Smashing Buddies for GGBC

Discussion in 'Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC ) (CLOSED)' started by SL55gIrLy, Nov 25, 2006.

1. SL55gIrLy

SL55gIrLy Regular Member

Application Developer
    Hi All,

Wondering if there's a group which goes to GGBC regularly that I could join. Haven't played for a while, and I would love to get back in the game :) Thanks.

2. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    You can go on fridays and join Lili's class from 8-10pm. Intermediate group class just started. Meet new badminton buddies.

3. mettayogi

mettayogi Regular Member

I usually go to GGBC on Thursday noon with my office mates(4~6 people) if work is not overwhelming. Ample court time when we go at that time. Ladies are beginners, my partner and I are intermediate. Just ask. We are Chinese + Indian, age 30+ group.

My experience at GGBC is quite friendly. I've asked to play with complete strangers with success (when we have odd number of people). Having decent skills help.

4. zasboy

zasboy Regular Member

Sorry if this is off topic, but Viper2005 mentioned Lili's classes. I'm assume this is Lili Zhou? I thought she was coaching at SmashCity.

5. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    No longer. I guess she didn't like the environment there or perhaps the administration? Anyways, I think she teaches all her classes at the GGBC now.

6. zasboy

zasboy Regular Member

Thanks hiroisuke for the information. I just checked the Smashcity website and a new coach was appointed. Sorry for the off topic. I got my answer. Thanks :)

7. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    No prob. New coach? Who?

Anyways, I'm hoping I'll have time to go to GGBC someday, haven't gone there yet, but my dad goes there sometimes.

8. GGManagement

GGManagement Regular Member

Coaches in GGBC

Hello There,

I thought there wasn't much activity in our forum lately becos I used to get notified if there were any activity on our forum but now I don't get them anymore so anyways, sorry if GGBC hasn't been active in answering any questions.

At GGBC we have plenty of people to play with on all different nights of the week. People call up all the time to ask "is it busy"? I can't answer that cos if I say one night is a teensy less busy, it will be packed on that very night the next time! SO... if you are eager, then just drop on by and give it a play. We are all friendly here so everyone finds a friend very quickly.

I wanted to let you know about our Coaches. Currently we have Jinsong, Chandra, Radu, and Lili Zhou as full time Coaches. They all teach training groups and private classes. Lili just came to us recently and we also have another Coach from China who came to look for Mike Yang named Tang Jie Yun.

At GGBC Mike makes sure we are one big happy loving family. We hope you will have time to visit all the good Badminton Clubs around town and decide which is the one most suitable for you to play in. I really think it's a preference, and which friends are where thing! We all support each other and most of all we all really love badminton and wherever you play, we want you to be happy with your friends and with your game, and with the Club that makes you most comfortable! :D

We do welcome you at GGBC anytime! Come soon!

Regards Rebecca for GG Management